Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 MGB 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 08 Subaru Legacy, 2011 Subaru Outback
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new tires on my 2011 Outback - the stock tires have had several punctures and need to be replaced.

Would it be possible to start a thread on what tires you put on your outback after the conti's wore out and what was the mileage on the car when you changed them. I need to buy tires and this information will help.

2011 Outback 2.5 limited - - 34,000 miles on the car and thinking of going to Geolander AT-S 225/60 r17

Thanks

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
2010 2.5 cvt limited 40,000 miles continentals are to the wear bars and long past winter or wet driving traction - one tire has been on its way to egg shaped since about 15,000 miles around 25,000 miles that tire could only be kept on the rear due to the egg shape causing vibration in the steering wheel when it was on the front.

Replacement tires will be the BFG Touring T/A's we have another family car with these about 20K on them and they are proving to be some of the best tires we have seen on this particular car which has over 200K on it.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,323 Posts
We have an entire subforum devoted to Tires. Lots of reading there.

You can also see test and reviews at Tire Rack, Discount Tire, Consumer Reports, etc.

·
Registered
77 MGB 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 08 Subaru Legacy, 2011 Subaru Outback
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking that it may be a good resource at a glance - does a survey regarding mileage, and tire selection exist on this forum? Of actual OB owners?

This may be a good thing to start a thread on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts