Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,439 Posts
I have not heard of anyone putting much in terms of Impreza parts on their Outbacks on this forum.

There is the occasional member that does want to lower their Outback but they generally turn to Legacy and Legacy GT parts as they share the same platform.

Not saying its not doable, but I wouldn't expect much info here. You might look around on the Legacy GT forums and see if anyone has done anything over there with Impreza coilovers. If you can do it to a Legacy GT then you can probably do it to an Outback.

Also, since the part is aftermarket, chances are the vendor will specify which applications it will work for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea i was just wondering if did thanks. So it's hard me to fine lowering springs for my Outback know any other springs that will fit

·
Registered
09 OBW base => 07 OBXT LTD 5sp
298 Posts
There is a lot of homework you should be doing: see the suspension FAQ thread...all 100+ pages of it or on LegacyGT.com there is a Outback Gen III (05-09) thread. Short answer Legacy GT wagon springs will give you a bit of a drop, and fit right up. You may have to tinker with rear spacers to get the front vs rear ride height dialed. If you want even more lowered, match those springs with LGT struts. You should probably change out your rear shocks while you are at it anyway, which, if you stick with KYB gets you into the whole 00-04 rear KYB debate. BC coilovers and Megan Racing have adjustable coilovers, but, well, a mixed reputation.

Some of this depends on how low you want to go. At some point you get into all sorts of other things. As they say, what's in your wallet?

·
Registered
09 OBW base => 07 OBXT LTD 5sp
298 Posts
There is a lot of homework you should be doing: see the suspension FAQ thread...all 100+ pages of it or on LegacyGT.com there is a Outback Gen III (05-09) thread. Short answer Legacy GT wagon springs will give you a bit of a drop, and fit right up. You may have to tinker with rear spacers to get the front vs rear ride height dialed. If you want even more lowered, match those springs with LGT struts. You should probably change out your rear shocks while you are at it anyway, which, if you stick with KYB gets you into the whole 00-04 rear KYB debate. BC coilovers and Megan Racing have adjustable coilovers, but, well, a mixed reputation.

Some of this depends on how low you want to go. At some point you get into all sorts of other things. As they say, what's in your wallet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See this is why I love subaru Outback people hella respectable and very knowledgeable thanks guys. Yea I'm new to this Outback thing. Umm looking any from 400 to like maybe 700 to spend

1 - 8 of 8 Posts