Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru 2005 outback
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since I am buying all the parts that are necessary for a tune up and for my struts, shocks, mounts m, arms, shafts, for over all Smooth ride. They said parts of mine were really bad. What parts do y'all recommend for a good tune up and smooth ride and websites for deals. And I will have my mechanic install it all. As I don't know how. Thank you all and stay clean and healthy

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,220 Posts
things to buy:
subaru springs/
KYB struts, and mounts.

and then after that you can read what 2005-09 people do. If you are looking for a slightly stiffer ride you can use rear struts made for a 2003-2004 outback.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback 2.5XT
37 Posts
Rallitek makes a fantastic strut combo (KYB struts and Rallitek springs), not too cheap though, but the ride is fantastic!

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There a thread dedicated to this subject, as it's been quite popular among Gen 3 owners. Happy reading; I hope we all are finding more useful things to deal with the free time we're finding on our hands!

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Rear-Forward Lateral Links.

They will need repacing. Replacing the rear upper control arm outter bushing with the Whiteline Camber adjustable is a solid no brainer. This will give you a critical second rear alighment adjustmet point.

Of course, CKE (Me) fabricates sway bar bushings if find yourself in need of those.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Happy reading; I hope we all are finding more useful things to deal with the free time we're finding on our hands!

This one is one of the longest with much debate. It is certainly worthy of digging deep in this time where some may have the time. I don't have any time...

I am busier than ever.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
92 Posts
Ill just copy this image I made here. A lot of the mods I did were for lowered suspensions (like the adjustable arms), but I would recommend Whiteline bushings if your willing to spend the money.

I went with Whiteline bushings and end links because my OEM bushings and endlinks are torn/busted within a year and a half because of driving in Brooklyn everyday for my job, and having aftermarket wheels with an increased scrub radius.

If you have a stock wheel set up, and normal driving patterns, then OEM bushings should do fine.

The basics are just staying on top of your bushings, sway bar links, trans mount (mine was SHOT and made a **** of a racket), and quality suspension. There’s plenty of info on what suspension is good depending on height (KYB, Koni inserts, BC coils w/ Swift spring upgrade). I’m very pleased with the choices I’ve made but there are many ways to skin a cat! You can learn more about my purchases in the link below as well

My Humble Build: Christopher Setter's 2008 Subaru Outback on Wheelwell

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
92 Posts
@traildogck ; You make the CKE sway bar bushings?!?! Haha no wonder, you should of told me that you made them! I would of got them in a heart beat if I knew!

I haven’t changed the sway bar bushings in the front. I still have stock sway in the front. Once I get a job after this pandemic ends, I’ll hit you up!

My Humble Build: Christopher Setter's 2008 Subaru Outback on Wheelwell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts