Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Carbide Gray Metallic Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited, 2014 Venetian Red Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited (sold), 2011 Ruby Red Pearl 3.6R Outback Limited (sold)
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if its possible to simply swap the 2017 lights with 2018 lights? The "Konoji" LED daytime lights? Or is the housing different?

·
Registered
2017 Outback Premium 2.5 with Eyesight. 19mm Rear Sway Bar. Steering Dampener Lock Down. HID upgrade from retrofit source.
202 Posts
The front bumper cover / trim cutouts for the headlights are different, so I would assume the headlights themselves are different shapes. I don't know if the 18 bumper cover would direct mount to the 17. If you replaced the headlights, it looks like you would need to replace the front trim. I'm sure there would be more parts needed as well to gain the features of the steering responsive headlights etc... (what ever features they are. I haven't done much research on what new features are offered.)

I re-read your post. If you are asking if the internals of the headlights would fit, I have no idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 H4 LTD ES
71 Posts
I think you'll be better off just getting the C-Light Switchbacks from Diode Dynamics. You get a LED DRL that also functions as a turn signal indicator and I believe they might be brighter than OEM in the 18.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts