Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a proven go to low beam conversion, as the bulbs keep blowing. I just purchased the car few months and the drivers side is blown.
The internet is filled with all sorts of bulbs that claim will fit, I don’t want to damage more then what’s already causing me an issue.
I don’t mind doing all of them high and low if it all comes in a kit

·
Registered
2013 3.6R limited. 2006 Wrx Limited
82 Posts
I've owned a ton of Subaru's and the only time I had to change bulbs often was in my wife's car because she drives with them on 24/7. My suggestion is to replace it with the same bulb number, just don't buy the cheapest thing car quest has and don't touch the glass with your fingers. Do you detect some unusual vibration?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems that Subaru Outback has a lot of issues with blown bulbs I just purchased some h7 led bulbs from a local store, they said if it’s. not a perfect fit bring em back also got a standard bulb in case led does not fit

·
Registered
515 Posts
one thing I notice with my 2010 OB vs my 2014 Legacy is that the auto lights respond way too fast and that is most likely what is killing your bulbs. Every time I go under a 2 lane bridge my lights turn on...and then right back off.

This spring I am doing a HID retrofit and going to see if there is a way to solve the instant on of the auto headlights

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quick update
This was a perfect fit
Lights look amazing ! Cut off line is much more defined and quality overall much more improved
The picture does do the beam justice, much less yellow and pure white in person.

·
Registered
14 Posts
one thing I notice with my 2010 OB vs my 2014 Legacy is that the auto lights respond way too fast and that is most likely what is killing your bulbs. Every time I go under a 2 lane bridge my lights turn on...and then right back off.

This spring I am doing a HID retrofit and going to see if there is a way to solve the instant on of the auto headlights
Mine would turn on the lights as soon as I enter my garage, and again when I start it in the morning. Same at the office (for a total >8 times a day). Had to replace both at after 6 years. Running on manual mode now. Too soon to tell if there is a difference as it's only been 1 year.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quick update
This was a perfect fit
Lights look amazing ! Cut off line is much more defined and quality overall much more improved
The picture does do the beam justice, much less yellow and pure white in person.
Good info. On the website it mentions *Anti-Flicker Decoder May Be Required. Have you noticed any flicker at all?
Overall looks like a great option as long as the lamps provide good long term run-time/light output.
Also do you think the Premium 4500K Lumens option would be overkill?
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put a set of these into my 2010 Outback Diesel..

www.stedi.com.au

LED Conversion Kit to suit Subaru
LED Conversion kits for SUBARU OUTBACK, FORESTER, BRZ & WRX models
www.stedi.com.au
www.stedi.com.au

Bloody brilliant.

I travel up to 1000km per week.. mainly in the dark and they are awesome.

I coupled them with a set of HID high beams and a 22" light bar.. and all is good in.the world.

The light projection is great.. and I can see the bloody kangaroos before the buggers jump out and total the car.

300K km on the clock now and still going strong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put a set of these into my 2010 Outback Diesel..

www.stedi.com.au

LED Conversion Kit to suit Subaru
LED Conversion kits for SUBARU OUTBACK, FORESTER, BRZ & WRX models
www.stedi.com.au
www.stedi.com.au

Bloody brilliant.

I travel up to 1000km per week.. mainly in the dark and they are awesome.

I coupled them with a set of HID high beams and a 22" light bar.. and all is good in.the world.

The light projection is great.. and I can see the bloody kangaroos before the buggers jump out and total the car.

300K km on the clock now and still going strong.
It looks like the dust cover can be used with these. Good to have options. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good info. On the website it mentions *Anti-Flicker Decoder May Be Required. Have you noticed any flicker at all?
Overall looks like a great option as long as the lamps provide good long term run-time/light output.
Also do you think the Premium 4500K Lumens option would be overkill?
Thanks
I didn’t think it was overkill as far as light output the premium version here in Canada would have been $150 vs the ones I got $100 For an old car that’s overkill, going to 6500k inspectrum gives it a more unnatural light. They did have both set up on display at local store so I got to see them first hand.

the is no flicker at all they work perfect and fit perfect. I also changed the the small bulbs in the high beam housing (position lights ) to match the same colour spectrum of the main headlights
A those lights are on at the same time
They are the small bulbs 194/168 and take 1 min to pop out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts