Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basically i blew the transmission(auto) in my 2000 subaru outback limited(that was running fine before i pulled the trans) so me being me i go buy a trans out of a 2000 forester at pick and pull, all signs point to it being a good trans. i swapped the trans and everything went back together properly. Now when i go to start the car i turn the key everything lights up and the radiator fans come on but when i take the keys back out everything stays on and i have to disconnect the battery for it to turn off. The funny thing is when i put it in reverse everything turns off properly but the car wont crank. also when i disconnect the engine harness(the black plug not the brown one) from the engine everything turns off properly but of course the car wont crank. Not only that but the car wont start at all, i tested to see if the car was getting spark and it is not, i replaced the spark plugs, coilpack, camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor and still no spark. Im hoping someone has any information or knowledge as to what the problem could be cause at this point i have trouble shot everything i could think of. It seems i have hit a brink wall

·
Registered
OBW H6 VDC, Tribeca, XT6
12,391 Posts
before the transmission swap the car started and ran fine besides the transmission issues?

then you need to retrace everything you've done and see what's happening.

when you turn the key - does the engine actually turn over?

read the OBDII codes - what do you get?

the lights staying on when you pull the keys out - that's weird -

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Is there any difference if you try starting it in neutral?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,317 Posts
So basically i blew the transmission(auto) in my 2000 subaru outback limited(that was running fine before i pulled the trans) so me being me i go buy a trans out of a 2000 forester at pick and pull, all signs point to it being a good trans. i swapped the trans and everything went back together properly.
You sure you didn't forget a connector? Could be that simple. I haven't had many electrical problems, so not much insight from me.

Also, you did check over both transmission specs on the final drive ratio? I believe they came in two flavors: 4.11 and 4.44....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts