Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - new to the forum. I have two 2013 outback limiteds - one has reached the end of its life with me after 215K miles - but it's got the full Harmon sound system and nav package (radio unit has a model number of EN67 [PJ623201 138000-0120C101] I'd like to swap the better sound system into the other 2013 if possible before I trade it in. The other 2013 with lower miles has just the basic sound: ER61 (part 86201AJ61A Model PF-33801-A) Is there an easy way to swap them? The wire harnesses on the back of each system are quite different - but it seems like it should be doable. Is this a 1-4hr $100 in new parts DIY fix or something much more difficult?
Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
'05 OB 2.5i, '14 OB 3.6R
185 Posts
I did a bit of research into this when I bought my 14 3.6R. It had the basic Harmon radio in it with the small screen for the backup camera. I wanted the one with the nav. But there was way to much work to make it work properly. Like having to rewire the whole car for the nav unit. So there is no easy way to do what your wanting to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a bit of research into this when I bought my 14 3.6R. It had the basic Harmon radio in it with the small screen for the backup camera. I wanted the one with the nav. But there was way to much work to make it work properly. Like having to rewire the whole car for the nav unit. So there is no easy way to do what your wanting to do.
OK thanks! I should probably clarify -- I don't really need the Nav to work - just the radio and cellphone/bluetooth connection (google maps/Waze all the way :) The back-up camera in the car I'm putting it into is wired to the mirror instead also so I don't need that to function on the dash either, and I don't use the CD Player. I figured maybe I could get just the radio/Bluetooth working (with the steering wheel control and aux inputs) with a single harness and power supply rewire job. If that were the case it's worth it - but I'm guessing it's all too much of a pain... Does anyone know of an affordable aftermarket option to have a better bluetooth/AM/FM radio option?. Thanks! I think I'm installing on a Premium +M/R+CWP (but I might be wrong).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts