Subaru Outback Forums banner

Swapping side view mirrors

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Jp51 
#1 ·
I have been thinking about swapping out the side view mirrors on my 2007 for a set with the built in turn signals. I realize that the wiring harness in the door is different, but was wondering if the harness in the car is prewired for this option? I can get my hands on the door harness, but don't feel like making it a bigger project than it's worth.

#2 ·
Even if not pre-wired it might not be that bad. There's a company called Boost Auto Parts that sells towing mirrors for the Chevy Colorado that are basically the same as those on the Silverado. One option is the mirrors with signal indicators, but that has to be wired somehow. You might look at their instructions on that vehicle to see if anything they do there can be applied to the Outback.

#3 ·
It seems to be dependent on the build-spec or sometimes luck-of-the-draw. I've seen limited 07s without the pre-wire and I've seen base 06s with the correct plug and prewired.

Easiest way to tell is to pull the door panel and inspect the plug for the mirror.

#5 ·
It seems to be dependent on the build-spec or sometimes luck-of-the-draw. I've seen limited 07s without the pre-wire and I've seen base 06s with the correct plug and prewired.

Easiest way to tell is to pull the door panel and inspect the plug for the mirror.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.