Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Outback that I recently started having some handling problems. I noticed that the rear sway bar has both of the knuckles? missing or worn out. Would this cause a noticable handling problem? And what kind of problems would you expect?

Thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
41 Posts
What do you mean knuckles? Are you talking about the endlinks that are located on each end of the bar? Or the bushings that connect the bar to the body of the car? Those are located more towards the middle of the bar. But yeah if either of these would affect the handling of your car. A picture would help us see what your talking about. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1989 Subaru XT6, 1989 Subaru RX, 2004 Outback 3.0 SUS
73 Posts
It's the ball and socket style end links. It happens all the time and replacements are fairly cheap. You could even upgrade to some beefier ones from Whiteline:D

Mine broke the driver side so I replaced it. Now the passenger side is loose and making noise. Going to get some better ones.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
Moog #K80426 is nice replacement of beefy rear endlinks with grease nipples too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, my description was not very good. Ball and socket end links is much better way to describe them. I will look into the suggested replacements. The local Subaru dealer wants 75.00 each. Got to be a better choice I hope out there.

Thanks for the replies.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts