Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1007 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Did you get it yet? I ordered from SubaruOnlineParts.com | "Subaru Parts" & "Subaru Accessories" for your Subaru and the rep told me RSB wasn't applicable to the outback.
I only placed my order on Friday and it is currently now pending. The system says it is in the order verification process where they are checking my VIN against the order for accuracy... So based on what you said, I will proactively contact them to tell them to ship it anyway.

After the rep told you it wasn't applicable, did they ship it anyway or just cancel your order?

Thanks for the head's up,

Elliot

·
Registered
515 Posts
I asked them to double check it and pointed them to our threads. Hopefully it works.
I just sent them this e-mail. Hopefully this will get the ball rolling...

Regarding my order #xxxxx, I see that it is in the verification stage being checked against my VIN #. I would like to put it on record that I am aware that this part is made for the WRX STi SE and I have a 2010 Subaru Outback.

On SubaruOutback. org (for which you are an advertiser) and numerous other Internet forums, there are an EXTENSIVE number of posts of Outback owners that have installed and verified that the WRX STi rear sway bars are a DROP IN FIT for the new Outback and Legacy and it dramatically improves handling. You will likely be receiving a fair amount of orders due to this publicity.

Therefore, PLEASE do NOT cancel my order due to my VIN #. I acknowledge the VIN mismatch and request you ship my order regardless.​

·
Registered
57 Posts

Regarding my order #xxxxx, I see that it is in the verification stage being checked against my VIN #. I would like to put it on record that I am aware that this part is made for the WRX STi SE and I have a 2010 Subaru Outback.

On SubaruOutback. org (for which you are an advertiser) and numerous other Internet forums, there are an EXTENSIVE number of posts of Outback owners that have installed and verified that the WRX STi rear sway bars are a DROP IN FIT for the new Outback and Legacy and it dramatically improves handling. You will likely be receiving a fair amount of orders due to this publicity.

Therefore, PLEASE do NOT cancel my order due to my VIN #. I acknowledge the VIN mismatch and request you ship my order regardless.​
:29:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'm a little confuse here. What size is the original sway bar? I'm guessing you're increasing the sway bar size by upgrading to a sti sway bar? If you're increasing the sway bar size for the rear ONLY, wouldn't this make the car more understeer?

As a partial answer - increasing the diameter of a rear sway bar (thus increasing the roll-stiffness at the rear) serves to increase oversteer. Or, as in the case of most vehicles that are designed to understeer, it reduces the tendency to understeer.

·
Registered
515 Posts

To all who wish to order from subaruonlineparts .com, I just received this response to my above message, so you are good to go to order from them. :29:

We became aware of the mod once we saw multiple orders for the same items,
Your order is being processed so no worries.
-Benny​

·
Registered
57 Posts
To all who wish to order from subaruonlineparts .com, I just received this response to my above message, so you are good to go to order from them. :29:

-Benny​
SWEEEEEET!!!!:roadtrip:

·
Registered
515 Posts

-Benny​
More info:

I wrote back:

Thanks Benny! I (and several others) have been plugging subaruonlineparts on the SubaruOutback.org threads and you guys have among the best prices, so I'd bet you're going to see a lot more orders coming in!

Hate to be a bother, but I'm terribly curious if the sway bar and bushings I ordered are in stock, and if not, how long I should expect to wait before they ship?
and the quick response:

Thank you Elliot,
we appreciate the forum members spreading the good word about us. As for
availability the sway bar and bushings will have to be shipped in from
one of our other warehouses, We are expecting them to be here by Friday
and possibly ship out the same day as well.
So to those that are planning to order, figure it's unlikely that any dealer will just have these lying around in stock; they normally would have to be shipped from a distribution center. So figure on about 5 business days for your order to ship and then a few more days (depending on your chosen shipping method) for them to get to you.

If all goes well, I'll get mine early next week and have them on by the weekend. I'll be sure to post my experiences ASAP. I have two speed bumps in my employer's parking lot that make my Outback do a nice jiggly dance; that will be an easy first test to set my expectations.

Elliot

·
Registered
515 Posts
Looks they got the message.. my CC has been charged.
Based on the date my CC was charged, the charge is made when the order is "accepted", not when it is verified. I.E., My "accepted" e-mail states they were proceeding to verify it with the VIN.

So the CC charge means nothing.... but the e-mail copied above that they know it will fit the Outback and will proceed to ship it means everything, so this is moot.

Cheers,

Elliot

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey eps105, I got a little bit a a problem. Went to SubaruOnlineParts, put in the PN 20451FG020, nothing. I went to STI looking for same PN 20451FG020. Again nothing. Something is wrong with me today right? :cool:

Would you be so kind as to tell me how to find the PNs for the rear sway bar and the bushing so I can order. :D

Updated, I figured out the PNs search.
To any others wanting to use SubaruOnlineParts .com to order the sway bars, note that you have to click on the "OEM Parts" link at the top of their page to search by OEM part number. This is actually a different web portal than the rest of the site for accessories. It is somewhat confusing -- and if you go back to check on your order, you must do the same to log back in, as the log in for the Accessories part of the site is separate from the OEM part.

Just thought I'd point this out to avoid others from making the same mistakes Husky55 and I made.

Elliot

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hey, how about that -- at the moment I posted my message above, I got an e-mail that my order has shipped!! So I ordered 5/21, accepted 5/24, shipped 5/27.

NY to PA could take a day but more likely I'll get on Tuesday (darn it all Memorial Day!!)

EDIT: UPS site calculator says I should get it tomorrow!! YEE HAA!!

·
Vendor
533 Posts
Hi Guys ,

I figured I would chime in to let those that have placed an order for the sway bar & bushings know that the first batch have arrived and are packaged to go out tomorrow.
I also want to point out that the demand has been so high that we have wiped out inventory from all the warehouses across the country. I will be in touch with SOA tomorrow with an update as to when the next shipment to the U.S will be due.

For updates on your order you can contact me personally at [email protected] and Thank you for your business.

-Benny

·
Registered
97 Posts
Received my new sway bar from Rallitek today, somewhat more than STI, will report again after install complete. Why, if the handling is so improved for a small amount more, does Subaru not just do it right and make a heavier bar standard. We are all going through this exercise, wasting time and resources, to make the car better. How many thousand of the OE bars are going directly to the scrap pile. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Received my new sway bar from Rallitek today, somewhat more than STI, will report again after install complete. Why, if the handling is so improved for a small amount more, does Subaru not just do it right and make a heavier bar standard. We are all going through this exercise, wasting time and resources, to make the car better. How many thousand of the OE bars are going directly to the scrap pile. Just my 2 cents worth.
1st year model---they did not get it right. I'l bet that the 2011 models will have the bigger bar. Also, most customers want a smooth ride when they go for the test ride at the dealer. At least it is an easy fix...I had a 2007 BMW X3 with the new 6 sp auto--it was a disaster..the dealer could never get the programming right...it was dangerous at times....that is not an easy fix!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Guys ,

I figured I would chime in to let those that have placed an order for the sway bar & bushings know that the first batch have arrived and are packaged to go out tomorrow.
I also want to point out that the demand has been so high that we have wiped out inventory from all the warehouses across the country. I will be in touch with SOA tomorrow with an update as to when the next shipment to the U.S will be due.

For updates on your order you can contact me personally at [email protected] and Thank you for your business.

-Benny
LOL!!! Benny, your are hilarious !!! I was going to send you the same message esp105 sent you. Who would have thunk there was such a demand for a sway bar.

Anyway, I got the emails. Thanks again.
:)

41 - 60 of 1007 Posts