Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a sway bar help with wind gusts on the highway? I drive mostly highway but I haul kayaks and mountain bikes.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Will a sway bar help with wind gusts on the highway? I drive mostly highway but I haul kayaks and mountain bikes.
Mine does help. However, I do think you should also search this forum, because this question has been answered and discussed many times already. Try searching for 'sway bar wind' or 'RSB wind'.

You are adding a lot of extra 'sail' with your bikes and kayak and you will experience a very different wind effect on your outback than than I do on mine. I did read that using fork mounts helps by removing the extra wind load of the front wheels.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I doubt they will help much, as #2 suggested, you are adding a lot of sail up there for the wind to catch. I would just drive accordingly, the more windy, the slower I would go.

If the wind was a 100 MPH cross-wind, would you drive the speed limit, even though the car had NOTHING on the racks?

I wouldn't.
I just might end up parked underneath a huge overpass bridge until the wind subsides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
BarmanBean
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing