Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me which part numbers and manufactures have a rear sway bar that will fit a 2008 outback 3.0? I think a 19mm will be fine. I would like to go with Subaru online parts since they are cheaper.
Thanks

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
I put ralliteks on mine, love the way they work.

At one point rallitek claimed to be the only manufacturer making one piece forged bars (vs welding on the ends) but I don't know if this is still true.

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
The body doesn't roll as much in a fast curve or sharp turn. Gives a much more confident feeling. Crosswinds aren't noticeable.

The downside is that when on bad dirt roads or completely off road, the car is a lot stiffer and you get rocked side-to-side a bit more.

But I did the math... I'm driving about 200-250 miles off road each year, and about 12,000 on the highway. Totally worth it for my situation.

·
Registered
14,354 Posts
Wish I could tell you- despite living in Pennsylvania & frequently traveling to the Boston area, I've managed to miss almost every snow since I bought the car 2 years ago.

Theoretically, it should have the effect of increasing the pressure (and therefore grip) of the outside wheel relative to the inside wheel in a turn. This only lasts until that tire loses grip and starts to slide. Once the slide starts, I expect more fishtailing than on the stock setup. I actually prefer this, as I learned to drive in a RWD car with lots of oversteer, so countersteer recovery is old hat.

I do drive it on poor dirt roads & soft sand, and the above has held true in those circumstances. In short, I feel like it's easier to make the car slide, but the slide is much more predictable & controllable than it was before I did the mod.

I hope that answers your question.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well let me ask this:
Since i cannot find a rear sway bar for a 2008 outback at Subaru online, what will match up?
2010 outback? (i wouldnt think so), one from a legacy maybe?
I do not need anything heavy duty just want a stiffer ride. I am thinking the 19mm will be sufficient.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
will b
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing