Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2000 OB Auto
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

How many of you use synthetic oil for gen 2 subaru? I remember researched for this several years ago and came to the conclusion that we should not use synthetic. But why?

My car is 2000 outback.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,470 Posts
There is no reason not to use syn oil if you're so inclined.

That said, if you have a leak or are burning oil it's a waste but those issues aside, syn oil is superior in every formulation over a conventional oil.

If you are consuming oil, you can try a HM oil to see if that helps you consume less.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,800 Posts
I have been using full synth in all my vehicles since ....1991. Today buying Mobil one high miles as Capt @Rub here thinks it's the bees knees . And I do again after a long run of different brands.
Insert image of bill hader from pineapple Express. And don't forget a new oem pcv every green moon.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
12,873 Posts
I use Royal Purple and the boosted VDC doesn't use oil between filter changes every 5k miles; I change the oil at 10k. The Impreza HG leak stopped with a Royal Purple oil change up to 2800 miles in. Bank 1 was the leaker when I got it and quit altogether, then bank 2 started and took up the slack. ?

·
Registered
2000 OB Auto
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I probably should switch as synthetic on sale is really not much more expensive than dino oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts