Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012, Outback 2.5 Premium 6-sp
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the trick? I just replaced front brakes and rotors, the header pipe (cracked), and the A/C idler pulley(whining). All that was a breeze. The "only" thing I have left to do to get my Outback back up to full condition is change a lousy light bulb. I can't access it from behind. The instrument cluster has to come out but I can't figure out how. I remove the two visible screws above the dials, but nothing seems to come loose. Does anyone know the trick? Thanks.

My car is a 2000 Wagon 2.5.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
I believe that the instrument cluster has a lot of pieces sandwiched together and you have to pull them apart. I'm not for sure with your application, but my Impreza manual looks like a lot of the plastic is clipped together. The clear plastic is attatched to the black plastic attatched to white plastic and so on.
As for the bezel around the whole cluster, I think you have to pry it off also, and then manuever it around the steering wheel. I don't know, I'm getting sleepy.... Brian

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, I have 2000 Outback with a light out as well. I've been looking everywhere on how to remove the instrument panel but I can't find anything except for the Impreza. Anybody have any ideas where I could find this?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Charley,

Thanks for the input! I noticed that those instructions were for an Impreza. Is it the exact same setup on a 2000 outback?

·
Registered
Black Outback H6 MY01
23 Posts
I dont have it, but it's almost the same, the important think is the 2 screw on the top!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I must be missing something here because I tried following those instructions last night and I couldn't get the thing off. Seems like theres something else fastening the outer trim to the dash besides those two little clips.

Do I have to take the surrounding trim off as well? My setup looks pretty different from the one in the pictures.

Anybody have any ideas? Has anybody tried this before to a 2000 Outback and documented it?

Thanks,

-Mike

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ah! I figured it out! You have to take the trim off under the instrument cluster and around the HVAC controls on the 00-04 legacy in order to get to the instrument cluster trim.

-Mike

·
Registered
Black Outback H6 MY01
23 Posts
good, I happay that it work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts