Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 subaru legacy outback wagon my brake lights,blinkers, headlights all work but my tail lights do not. Also when I push the switch on the steering colum to turn parking lights on or off. . The headlights come on but still no tail light. I changed all the bulbs all around tge car . HELP

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Also when I push the switch on the steering colum to turn parking lights on or off. . The headlights come on but still no tail light.
Is it only the tail lights that don't come on?

When the Parking Light switch on the steering column is turned on, or, the headlight switch is turned to the first On position (for parking lights), in addition to the four red tail lights at the back, the rear side marker and licence plate illumination lights should be on, and, there should be an amber clearance light on in the headlight assembly at each front corner. (See attached)

If none of these work, and the bulbs are good, check fuse #5, 10 Amps, in the cabin fuse panel, to be sure it's good and that there is power there when the Parking Light switch is turned on.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts