Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried tapping into their main fuse box? I need a 12V output that is NOT active when the ignition is off. (E.g. seat heater, power windows,...). I am trying to avoid going through the firewall and using the instrument panel fuses.
P.S. This is to power a wireless receiver that controls my ditch lights. It's currently powered directly from the battery and I am worried it might drain too much over night.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Has anyone tried tapping into their main fuse box? I need a 12V output that is NOT active when the ignition is off. (E.g. seat heater, power windows,...). I am trying to avoid going through the firewall and using the instrument panel fuses.
P.S. This is to power a wireless receiver that controls my ditch lights. It's currently powered directly from the battery and I am worried it might drain too much over night.
You should be able to piggyback on a circuit using an add-a-fuse. Definitely use something that’s not critical, but I don’t foresee you having any trouble with this.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5i
97 Posts
Could you just pull the power from the accessory socket in the glove box? It's only hot when the car is on. I use it to power a dash cam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts