Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uncle Sam is going to get rich when wifey and I send in our checks. No goodies for the Subaru anytime soon! Ouch, State and Federal money from us this year. Anyway, ya'll have a nice day now, ya hear?
Oh, and I'm glad John Daly won another Tournament, he gives beer a good name:2: Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
At least we got some money back this year.

·
Administrator
4,268 Posts
bheinz57 said:
Oh, and I'm glad John Daly won another Tournament, he gives beer a good name:2: Brian
I was just talking to my father about that, I wonder if he had a flask there that helped him in his success? :p

Its kinda bass-ackwards that us military folk have to pay taxes seeing as how we are being paid by tax dollars. Hmmm... I've never found a whole lot of what the U.S. gov't does to make a whole lot of sense though :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,966 Posts
Mericet said:
At least we got some money back this year.
Of course you realize that means you just gave Uncle Sam an interest free loan by over-withholding through the year.

Still, most folks get a 'refund'. Better than an unexpected bill. For a few years I was +/- $12 to $75. Now, with a small business, we usually get a refund too.

Taxes are about 40% of GDP now. You work for the gumint til sometime in June, then you work for yourself. In feudal times you had to give 25% to the lord - we're going backwards!

(vote libertarian)

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carl, you hit it right on the nuts, saying that Uncle Sam had an interest free loan by giving more out of your check than needed. Never do the wife and I give more. We save more throughout the year preparing to give, though. We have no chitlins running around so no real good deductions besides the house... But never give the Govt. money to save for you without interest, which is what everyone does with withholding. Later.. Brian

·
Registered
194 Posts
1 Lucky texan said:

Of course you realize that means you just gave Uncle Sam an interest free loan by over-withholding through the year.

Still, most folks get a 'refund'. Better than an unexpected bill. For a few years I was +/- $12 to $75. Now, with a small business, we usually get a refund too.

Taxes are about 40% of GDP now. You work for the gumint til sometime in June, then you work for yourself. In feudal times you had to give 25% to the lord - we're going backwards!

(vote libertarian)
Yes, I know that. We are working on getting that down each year.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Losiho said:
Woo hoo ! Tax time ! An Accountant's favourite time of year ! :2:
As of this year we are done with using an accountant, even though she has done a great job for us over the past 6 years. This is the first year that we didn't have a business or some other thing that could have benefitted us having an accountant prepare our taxes.

We did get some money back. It went to some consumer debt, retiring from the military next year and only want payments for my OB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
SubieFinn
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing