Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 which is supposed to support Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP). The lack of MAP w/ earlier versions of the iOS is what prevented iPhone users from receiving/reading text messages on the 2013 NAV/HU display (can't speak for previous years). However, I'm still unable to do anything w/ messages through the car. Has anyone had any luck? Thanks. -- Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have everything working (downloads contacts, receives & will read messages) except I cannot reply to messages. From what I see in the forum, that is the one issue where there is no resolution yet.

iphone 4S, IOS 6, 2013 Outback Limited w NAV

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have everything working (downloads contacts, receives & will read messages) except I cannot reply to messages. From what I see in the forum, that is the one issue where there is no resolution yet.

iphone 4S, IOS 6, 2013 Outback Limited w NAV
Just thought of something, yesterday my Iphone updated to new IOS 6.0.2. I havent tried the text reply yet on the update has anyone else? would be easiest if it was an ios issue rather than subaru.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just use Siri for reading and replying to text messages over the bluetooth and it works great.

I only wish the steering wheel button activated her.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just thought of something, yesterday my Iphone updated to new IOS 6.0.2. I havent tried the text reply yet on the update has anyone else? would be easiest if it was an ios issue rather than subaru.
It almost certainly is an iOS issue, and I doubt 6.0.1 or 6.0.2 did anything about it. Those were very much targeted fixes for Exchange and Wifi issues.

It took Apple a couple releases to get full Bluetooth AVRCP support. I wouldn't be surprised if it is 6.1 or even 7.0 until replies are supported.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
JordanMayPhoto
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing