Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback: 2.5i Limited with Eyesight
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been an unregistered lurker! :rolleyes:Been considering a change from my full size Nissan Titan. With all of the helpful information on this site I was well prepared when I went into the dealership today.

So as my thanks to this Board, I bought the lifetime membership to the Board.

Going to do the paperwork in the morning for my new 2013 Outback Limited with Moonroof package. Pretty excited about picking up the car.
Regards,
Paul:29:

·
Registered
'12 Outback Premium 2.5
37 Posts
Welcome to the cool kids club!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went to the dealer and did the paperwork for the new OB. Venetian red 2.5i Limited with the moonroof. I had my financing in place and was offered reasonable prices for my trade and new OB. I am sure there are people that got better deals but the numbers worked for me.

The finance guy wanted a try to beat my banks rate, and he did by 1%. He tried to sell over $3000 of warranty, mop and glow etc. I quickly mentioned that I could get the Subaru service contract via other dealers for a much better price as compared to his aftermarket warranty. We agreed on $1,500 for the Subaru 7/100K.

With the finance guy saving me 1% I felt it was friendly to buy his factory warranty.

As they were cleaning up the car there was a huge rain that came through. It made the purchase of the all weather mats feel like the right choice.

Thanks all, very happy with the purchase. We now have additional room in the garage and the budget (less insurance, payment and fuel costs!).
Paul

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium CVT
297 Posts
Congrats man! Can't wait to see pics!!! :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congrats!!! I came fron a Nissan Armada, and couldnt be happier!! As mentioned the gas mileage difference you see will be incredible. I got the 3.6, and very pleased with the mpg's, so I could only imagine the difference you'll see with the 2.5!! Although it is all relative, as I enjoy driving it so much more you will go through that much more gas from the additional driving you will be doing!! Overall I get roughly 23-24 mpg, in mixed hwy/city driving. I have never been under 20 mpg. I do kinda drive like an old man....because i kinda am. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All clean

When I picked up my new Outback on Saturday it was raining and the dealership did not have a chance to clean up the car. Today I stopped by a car wash I frequent and used a free coupon that was about to expire.

Car looks great and just turned over 100 miles today.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012,OB 3.6R Limited/Moonroof Pkg.
129 Posts
Looks great, I like the color...enjoy it!

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
I like the deep red color. Just bought my first car this type of color this summer not a subaru. Soon after I read a study that red cars get pooped on more often by birds than any other color. I kinda think there is some merit to this my poor candy apple red Toyota SUV sees more than its fair share of bird action. LOL

Enjoy the OB ours has been great getting new tires this week 40K on it.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been searching this forum quite a bit, tons of great information.
Just turned over 200 miles today.

I added Fuelly to my signature, seems like a pretty cool way to track the MPG. My MPG is showing zero as I just did my first entry today and I am going to use the odometer

I did have a question about tire pressure but found that info on the forums as well. Door jamb says 32/30 PSI front/back. My dealer set mine to 36/36 and I am going to leave it there for awhile. Max PSI is shown as 44 PSI on the tire.

Also, I specifically asked the salesman about any break-in for the Outback. He said just vary the speed initially. As I was reading the owners manual, Subaru calls for taking it easy the first 1000 miles with no RPMs above 4K except in emergencies.

Have a great day,
Paul

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Premium - Former: Golf TDI
454 Posts
I did have a question about tire pressure but found that info on the forums as well. Door jamb says 32/30 PSI front/back. My dealer set mine to 36/36 and I am going to leave it there for awhile. Max PSI is shown as 44 PSI on the tire.

Also, I specifically asked the salesman about any break-in for the Outback. He said just vary the speed initially. As I was reading the owners manual, Subaru calls for taking it easy the first 1000 miles with no RPMs above 4K except in emergencies.

Have a great day,
Paul
:29: Congrats on the purchase

regarding tires, it really is up to you. I've always been one to slightly over-inflate my tires by about 10% or so, so I generally run right at 35F/33R and find it a great compromise. Back in my WRX days, I remember reading that the 2psi difference had some affect on the center-diff, however I'm more inclined to read it as an attempt to reduce the possibility of over-steer but I have nothing to back that up. I have to say, I've let my tires dip as low as 30psi all around and honestly noticed maybe 1mpg difference but a nice, smooth ride :D

For break-in, simply vary the RPM's as much as possible, do some "engine braking", a few high-load runs, etc. I've used different methods from a 2,000 mile road-trip right after purchase to the method above and I've never experienced a single engine-related issue in my years. The tolerances combines with factory testing prior to use pretty well do most of the break-in job

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wutburger, thanks for the post and advice.

On a side note, I called XM radio to cancel the service on my last truck and add it to the new Subaru. I only purchased on Saturday and they already had the change in the system from either the dealer or Subaru.

Aside from the long pauses waiting for updates everything went smoothly. They even had the 4 month free trial on record.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts