Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Outback
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to put out a general thank you to this community. There is so much help and guidance on this site compared to other car sites ( I have multiple cars).

I’ve done everything from oil changes to timing belt replacement on my 1997 outback with help from this site. I sold that car about 1.5 years ago.

Just bought another outback, a 2002, and it’s another manual. In The city. But I still love it.

Just installed WRX seats and replaced the stereo. What next? I’m sure I’ll find inspiration from this site.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Limited w/Eyesight
159 Posts
I want to echo what Sylvester said above. I'm still in the shopping phase and not really contributing to the forum yet but I've learned a great deal and it has made my decision that much easier.

I actually test drove the 2.5 limited outback yesterday to see if I was going to be disappointed by the engine (I wasn't). Once our 4x4 van sells I will be making our purchase, hopefully this is in the next couple of weeks. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester Premium, Crystal Black Silica, Pkg 15
1,735 Posts
Right on, I never would have had the confidence to do my own maintenance. This site is great.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Thanks Guys ... I'm doing all I can...:6:

Seriously tho. About 4 years ago this place was so cool for me I dropped $40 on it. I've been pretty happy ever since. We have our hills and valleys, but it's a solid comunity.

·
Registered
68 Posts
X2. This forum is a lovely resource! And the folks who take the time to post, advise, guide, offer opinions, and just share, are certainly appreciate.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,156 Posts
And given it's that time of the season, let's not forget the moderators, who have a (usually) invisible and (most often) thankless task of keeping everything reasonably well-behaved here. And if you don't believe it's a hard job, try out an unmoderated forum sometime!

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,653 Posts
I have been a member of this forum for a full eight years now...this form has helped me many times over the years...so, what the OP said...I agree

·
Registered
2nd Subaru Outback 3.6R: Ruby Red Pearl 2011 then, Dark Blue Pearl 2018 now
133 Posts
I have been a member of this forum for a full eight years now...this form has helped me many times over the years...so, what the OP said...I agree
Hey Scoob, you need to upgrade so we can match again! :grin2:

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,653 Posts
Hey Scoob, you need to upgrade so we can match again! :grin2:
...naw...I try to keep cars a long time...my latest flirting with trading it for a new 18 crosstrek was a momentary lapse of judgement...plus next car will be smaller...need better mileage...3.6 is way too big for me...my old TDI turned me into a hyper miler...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts