Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i Auto (Black)
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey outback folk...just wanted to give a quick thanks on helping me finally make a decision to go with a 2005 Outback 2.5i Auto after way too much researching on the net. I just put money on it today, and be taking delivery in two weeks. I'll make sure to get some nice digital pics on the board...havn't seen too many detailed pics of the 05's yet here. Anyway, thanks again and look forward to posting and being addicted to yet another website.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
This is a good site to be addicted to. You will have many years of fun in your new vehicle. Alaska? Your Outback better have the cold weather package!! Brian

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,121 Posts
FMGreen said:
Holy ****e!

Florida to Alaska! Talk about extremes!
Check this guys profile, he's a fellow brother-in-arms to me :D Great to have another member of the U.S. Air Force on the board! Lieutenant, thanks are appreciated but not neccesary as it is our job to provide our members and the general internet community with the best info we can put out ;) So far we seem to be doing a pretty **** good job at it :)

Hero

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Extremes are right!! I've grown up in Florida for most my life, but I'm pretty **** excited for Alaska. I'm also very happy that I'll have a Subaru up there from what I hear. This is my first one and I hope it makes me a loyal Subie owner like I read about. I'll make sure to keep you up to date with how the 2005 fares in the snow...probably well before any snow in the states. Brother in Arms is right, proud to be associated with all the military folks here.

·
Registered
Formerly 04 Outback 3.0R VDC, now 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS DiD
1,617 Posts
Welcome to the board from all us Aussies. Be interested to hear what it's like to be a fighter pilot from someone actually doing it! :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fly the single seat Air-to-Air ONLY F-15C(like the one pictured) vs. the darker gray two-seat strike version F-15E. I'm currently flying them out of Tyndall AFB...but like my location says, going to Elmendorf AFB in a couple of months. Yeah, I'm having a blast doing this of course...I should start another thread somewhere on the topic for those of you interested in hearing any stories about it. I'm off to fly some 2 versus 1 today, should be fun...

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
5,121 Posts
FMGreen said:
Do you fly F-15E's? Or is that just a pretty picture for your Icon?
Steve, funny enough... I PMed him with the same question right after I posted in here. That was the first question I ask anyone who say's "F-15" unless they say they are at one of the other F-15 bases I know of.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts