Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered

On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
By the time I get it done I will probably be too old to enjoy it. 馃槃

I brought it home about 22 years ago. So far I have upgraded it to add power steering and front suspension from an '81 Chevy to get disc brakes. Also swapped the rear axle assembly from the same truck to match the 5-lug wheels instead of the original 6 lug. Other than that I have spent a lot of money accumulating parts for it but haven't done any work on it in a long time. I keep telling myself the next time it rolls into my shop it isn't coming out until it is done.

I've had it so long that this picture of when I first got it was taken with a film camera.:ROFLMAO:
great looking econoline there. no rust. something like a 88.?
around 1995, I use to bang around in a 1990 club wagon 302 as a work vehicle. noisy with low gear trans, but plain old tough.

Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
It doesn't look all that bad in this picture.
It's pretty solid but it does need new floor pans, cab corners, and rocker panels. I have all of those along with some other body parts. It has mostly been sitting outside all these years so it is a bit rougher now, but I have at least kept it off the grass so that has helped.

I think I've also posted this picture here before of the dash I am going to cut out of my parts truck and put it in the project one just so I can have the original radio delete panel. Someone hacked up the dash in mine to put a newer radio in it somewhere over the years.

Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
great looking econoline there. no rust. something like a 88.?
around 1995, I use to bang around in a 1990 club wagon 302 as a work vehicle. noisy with low gear trans, but plain old tough.
I think it may have been an '89 or '90 but I'm not sure. It was my dad's van and he pulled the truck up to Michigan from Arkansas for me. Being a cargo van it only had the two front seats. My dad and his friend (the one in the picture) sat up front and I spent most of the 16 hour drive sleeping on a mattress in the back. 馃槃
I don't know what had happened to the van before dad bought it but it had a salvage title at some point and had apparently been repaired and then had a rebuilt title. He had it a long time and as far as I remember never had any major issues, though I do remember it had an aftermarket sunroof that leaked and after that he said he would never own a vehicle with a sunroof again.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts