Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Legacy Outback
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 1550 somewhat trouble filled miles, the check engine light has now graced me with its wonderful illumination. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this so early in the life of the car???? The car drives and runs normally so far.

I will find out tomorrow what this could be and if they can fix the problem. I will post any repairs just in case anyone is interested.

·
Registered
18 horizontally opposed cylinders of fury
355 Posts
Something you can check quickly is the gas cap- it struck me when reading my owner's manual that they emphasize tightening the cap until it clicks several times. Apparently the ECU is "aware" of fuel system pressure, & if pressure is escaping due to a loose gas cap you can get a CE light even though the car is running perfectly. Good luck!

·
Registered
2004 Legacy Outback
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly it's not that simple..... I checked the gas cap and fluid levels. Thanks for the info though.

Since I'm kinda bored at work today I did some research. I found that the 2.5L has had some problems with the wire harness for the Charcoal Canister drain valve....whatever that is????? and the air fuel ratio sensor. I would think the later would cause drivability issues which I do not have......YET!

thanx

·
Registered
2004 Legacy Outback
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check engine light resolution

Well, I got the car back and here are the results:

The check engine light was caused by a faulty fuel level sensor in the gas tank. The tech reset the light and ordered the necessary parts to be installed at a later date.

This issue should not cause drivability issues until the part is replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts