Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year ago today I purchased my 2012 OB. We now have 5012 miles on it. With low miles, in a few years hoping Subaru will offer the Legacy Wagon in the US & I can trade it in for that. (Maybe that is a dream) Love the quality of Subaru! But not as crazy about the SUV handling, fighting in the cross wind, & more ground clearance than I really need.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
We have a 98 Legacy GT Wagon and an 01 Outback Sedan. Both an extinct species, but both very cool cars. The Legacy handles really nice for a wagon and despite being slow is awfully fun to drive. The Outback sedan is nice if you want ground clearance but don't need the cargo space of a wagon.

·
Registered
2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
312 Posts
So what would a Legacy Wagon offer that the Outback does not? The outback has a couple of inches of additional ground clearance and the rear windows come tinted from the factory, but otherwise they are more or less be the same car. You can deal with the increased body roll with stiffer front/rear swaybars, and if you wanted to be lower, you should be able to swap in Legacy springs/struts... I've seen lots of folks post over on LegacyGT.com about wanting a wagon as well, but functionally, I don't see where the big difference is (clearly there was after they killed the Outback XT, but since there isn't a Legacy GT for 2013, that's not really an issue any more)

·
Registered
2010 outback. base 2.5
1,970 Posts
I think and perhaps this will change with the next or future Subaru offerings but the Outback is Subaru's claim to fame. After owning a 11 Legacy and 12 Impreza I would choose another product over the current Legacy and Impreza if I was in the 4 door sedan market minus AWD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts