Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Imprezza Outback Sport
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying HELLO from the Christmas City of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
I've always loved Subaru's, but never owned one until my son bought a newer Outback,
and sold me his 2006 Imprezza Subaru Sport.

Mike Foxx

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I too pretty much 'ignored' Subaru until a friend owned one and I was impressed with the engineering.

*)Opposed piston engine is more expensive to manufacture... but lowers the center-of-gravity which REALLY improves handling. It also has PERFECT primary balance which eliminates the need for silly counterbalace shafts which are needed to make an inline 4 engine bearable.
*) The AWD system is engineered INTO THE VEHICLE instead of "added on" as an afterthought.
*) All the engine accesseries (alternator, starter, PS pump....etc) are right on top and easy to access for maintenance / replacement.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,798 Posts
I too pretty much 'ignored' Subaru until a friend owned one and I was impressed with the engineering.

*)Opposed piston engine is more expensive to manufacture... but lowers the center-of-gravity which REALLY improves handling. It also has PERFECT primary balance which eliminates the need for silly counterbalace shafts which are needed to make an inline 4 engine bearable.
*) The AWD system is engineered INTO THE VEHICLE instead of "added on" as an afterthought.
*) All the engine accesseries (alternator, starter, PS pump....etc) are right on top and easy to access for maintenance / replacement.
its been so long since I owned a vehicle with a transverse mounted engine,....it really makes me consider not owning one again.
Like it looks so wrong and wimpy.

now if only subaru put the oil filters on top of the EJ and EZ back in the day,....and sealed up the 1990-2004 bodies better from frucking rust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am just getting out of a 5-year "relationship" with a Toyota 4Runner.
I loved that truck, and put nearly 100k on it in 5 years...
so I am hoping to get many miles out of the Subaru...
while spending much less on gas.
I was getting about 20mpg highway on the 4Runner.
Oddly enough, it was frame rust, Eagleeye...that led me to this Subaru.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here she is.... all mine!
Now, all I have to do is keep reminding myself I'm driving a car with a manual transmission.
(it's been a while)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts