Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd start this thread as a place for me to share pictures from my hiking adventures in Maine. Also, there has been some talk of an Outback.org get together in Maine this year. We can talk about that here as well.

Now on to my latest adventure... snowshoeing Saddleback Mountain.

Attachments

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
Great idea. Just to whet your appetite for the summer, let me send along a couple of the lake we live on. If you look real hard, you'll see a couple of loons in the center of the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last one... had to include this one. This is the summit sign from the above picture. It was pretty windy!
(Is there a way to upload mutliple photos in one post).

Attachments

·
OBXT Moderator, ,
2,417 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. People do it, but I don't know how either. Here's another summer '04 picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mudge said:
Great idea. Just to whet your appetite for the summer, let me send along a couple of the lake we live on.
Actually, the Maine thread was Jay H's idea. I just thought I'd get the ball rolling.

That lake looks very nice. Just another thing I love about Maine... gorgeous lakes and ponds everywhere.

·
Kiwi Moderator, ,
1,142 Posts
injektilo said:
(Is there a way to upload mutliple photos in one post).
I have been wondering the same too - some people seem to manage it, so I guess it can be done - Can anybody teach us ????

Cool pic's guy's.

·
Registered
665 Posts
If you can only attach one picture per reply, the only way I think to get multiple ones is to use a picture hosting place and then use the IMG tags and use that to the URL of the photo.

I just got back from three days in the catskills. Did a burrough range traverse and did a firetower as well as a bushwack. There is not enough snow on pretty much any trailed peack to need snowshoes this winter (unless we get another good storm) but I was able to use snowshoes in my bushwack to SW Hunter on Friday.

Nice pictures! I'll check them out at work when I am not on dial up :)

Jay

·
Registered
159 Posts
Injektio- got any Katadin pics (especially in winter) ? That knife edge trail is one of the best ive ever been on. Do they let folks up there in the winter?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
babean said:
Injektio- got any Katadin pics (especially in winter) ? That knife edge trail is one of the best ive ever been on. Do they let folks up there in the winter?
I found this on the web... not taken by me nor am I in the picture. But the knife edge of Katahdin is front and center! To those in the pic... I hope you don't mind me using it.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah baby ! Thats what I'm what talking about. I did that trail wirh a 60 pound pack,I was totally spent when we got to camp. Thanks for finding that pic.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Frickin Sweet--

I went to school in Maine (Bates College) and spent about every free weekend hiking the many little peaks in the state. It is so cool to see snowshoe photos from saddleback! I did a January snoshoe trip there in 2000.

Mudge--what lake is your house on? My family has a couple houses on Great Pond in the Belgrade lakes region. It is easily my favorite summer retreat. The house was built by my Godfather's father in the 1920's, before the area was developed. The closest lake access was a mile accross the water, so they cut down timber, floated them accross the lake in with a canoe, and then built a log cabin right on the shore. I will try to get some pics up when I get back to my computer.

Maine + Subaru = Good stuff all around.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are a few pics from a recent trip up Mount Madison in New Hampshire's Presidential Range... probably the best hiking in the northeast.

From the madison summit cone looking towards mount adams, mount washington in the distance:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 65 Posts