Subaru Outback Forums banner

1981 - 1993 of 1993 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Limited XT Green
3 Posts
My cousin said he had searched October 2019 and reached out to a few dealerships. Come January 2020 they made him an offer 13% off MSRP. Maybe wait it out if you are not in a hurry to buy? Buying in the Chicago area is helpful since there are so many dealers here competing for your business. Good luck! In addition, don't rule out the Touring. Having a front camera would be nice and the ventilated seats for warm CA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My cousin said he had searched October 2019 and reached out to a few dealerships. Come January 2020 they made him an offer 13% off MSRP. Maybe wait it out if you are not in a hurry to buy? Buying in the Chicago area is helpful since there are so many dealers here competing for your business. Good luck!
At this point i'm just running into the fact no one has limited xt's I wonder if i look outside the state how that would work out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I got the Limited XT With Pkg # 2
MSRP - 39,602
I paid 34,534 - I used the Costco Auto Program
Tax, tag and license - was an additional $2,900.00

So for the car I paid 37,434.... Then there was the other stuff I bought that I shouldn't have... but I cancelled 2 of them.. They were a little perturbed when I asked them to sign, date and return the letter initiating cancellation... I'm not playing that game of "we didn't get your cancellation in time"

But other than that I think I did okay.. The costco program seems like it is worth it.. Plus I got a coupon for 50% off accessories, up to $200.00 - I just have no idea what to buy, since they don't have kayak racks for it for some reason.
where are you located?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep- I was hoping to hear something on the 2021 too. I guess i will wait to see what is in the 2021 before finding a 2018/19 3.6

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I got the Limited XT With Pkg # 2
MSRP - 39,602
I paid 34,534 - I used the Costco Auto Program
Tax, tag and license - was an additional $2,900.00
Wow, you did very well.

prices have gone up from 4 mo ago, is there really that short of supply?
Well, first off, four months ago the world stopped and no one was driving so no one needed a new car. High supply, zero demand, prices drop. As for supply now, it depends on what you want. If you want an XT in Colorado that isn't loaded to the gunwales, get in line. A lot of vehicles that are shown as in transit are spoken for and there is nothing on the lot. If you want a base model or a Premium with nav and moonroof (package 14 I think) you have your pick of the litter. If you have a 2018 or 2019 Outback to trade, you are the dealer's new best friend. I also think geography plays a role in that. What I've been told is Subaru makes a certain number of XT models and allocates them equally across all dealers. However, I'd wager a guess that the demand for an XT is higher in Utah, Colorado, and maybe Truckee.

Also, cars tend to cost what they cost. When incentives like 0% financing are added, the price of the vehicle goes up to offset that. I was looking at an Alltrack before we decided on the Outback and dealers raised prices about $2,000 when VW announced 0% financing. The manufacturers will make the same money one way or another. If you are arranging your own financing, say through your bank at 3%, you get both the higher price and the higher interest. No one is going to do that now, but they might have when the manufacturer financing was at a similar interest rate. I haven't done the math, but I will bet the total amount paid four months ago with four months ago financing is the same amount paid now with 0% financing.

·
Registered
2020 Outback 2.5i Premium
2 Posts
Hey, y’all! First post! Lol

The wife and I just bought our first ever brand new car and absolutely love the OB!! I’ve been a fan of the Subies for a long time, but never owned one.

Selling price of our 2.5i Premium Option #15 with rear seat-back protectors was $30,307. Internet price was at $31,156 I had a massive down payment so listing the final OTD number is pointless.

Dealer had a $900 add on that included tint, pin-stripe, nitrogen in the tires, a blinky third brake light, and paint protection (who knows if that’s actually a real thing, I can see everything else). I didn’t want any of it so they took that cost off. And as soon as we got home I removed the pin-stripes.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,021 Posts
Hey, y’all! First post! Lol

The wife and I just bought our first ever brand new car and absolutely love the OB!! I’ve been a fan of the Subies for a long time, but never owned one.

Selling price of our 2.5i Premium Option #15 with rear seat-back protectors was $30,307. Internet price was at $31,156 I had a massive down payment so listing the final OTD number is pointless.

Dealer had a $900 add on that included tint, pin-stripe, nitrogen in the tires, a blinky third brake light, and paint protection (who knows if that’s actually a real thing, I can see everything else). I didn’t want any of it so they took that cost off. And as soon as we got home I removed the pin-stripes.
Congrats!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited (Magnetite Gray Metallic)
533 Posts
1981 - 1993 of 1993 Posts