Subaru Outback Forums banner

2221 - 2240 of 2285 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok guys question for you all...purchased the Gold Plus warranty on a 2020 Outback Onyx...AFTER reading these forums I discovered that the price I paid ( $3695 ) was a negotiable price. I have reached out to SOA to see if I could price shop and get it lowered and yes I can, but only if I cancel the plan and pay separately for it- I currently have it bundled with the financing.

So SOA is offering me the following as an either or option.
1. Coupon for $500 worth of accessories
2. The first four maintenance services free

What would you all do? Cancel plan entirely and price shop or take one of the two options that I just listed.

Thanks in advance!
That sounds like you were taken for a ride. You should post which option you took ie 7 year 100k miles zero deductible etc. Then others can chime in for what they paid and negotiated for identical coverage. I paid $1600 for the coverage above but that was for a cpo with 6k miles so not applicable to your situation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That sounds like you were taken for a ride. You should post which option you took ie 7 year 100k miles zero deductible etc. Then others can chime in for what they paid and negotiated for identical coverage. I paid $1600 for the coverage above but that was for a cpo with 6k miles so not applicable to your situation.
Good call- I should clarify I took the 7 year 100k with $100 deductible option.

thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good call- I should clarify I took the 7 year 100k with $100 deductible option.

thanks!
I believe the list cost for that level of coverage is $2420 plus tax and i believe others have even negotiated down to 2k. If you psid $3695 then even if you paid list you could save a bundle. The only thing i dont know is if you pay any penalty for canceling. Also did your price include any prepaid maintenance because if it didnt then your dealer should be inducted into the hall if shame.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx Edition XT
1,928 Posts
There is no penalty for canceling as far as I know, but it has to be cancelled before the extended warranty becomes active. So, if you’re in your 3/36 it shouldn’t be a problem.

If you decide to buy it again later, before the 3/36 expires, you also have an option to split the cost over I believe 12 months. Maybe 10? But not a lump sum if you don’t want to.

I am curious to hear about powertrain-only related coverage. I basically just want to cover my CVT, but I know that in years past Subaru has provided a complimentary extended warranty to 10y/100k miles.

Also if you are canceling and you rolled this into your financing, I believe they will credit the money back to your loan provider - which will basically give you “x” number of payments in advance. This happened to me when I canceled my maintenance plan for my lease and I basically got one month free and another half off.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
460 Posts
The best trick on the finance office, is to keep saying no when they offer you the extended warranty .
My price dropped significantly, he finally gave up at$800 when I still said no ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Is there a way to find out the dealer’s cost for it, since there are so many different options?

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,443 Posts
Ok guys question for you all...purchased the Gold Plus warranty on a 2020 Outback Onyx...AFTER reading these forums I discovered that the price I paid ( $3695 ) was a negotiable price. I have reached out to SOA to see if I could price shop and get it lowered and yes I can, but only if I cancel the plan and pay separately for it- I currently have it bundled with the financing.

So SOA is offering me the following as an either or option.
1. Coupon for $500 worth of accessories
2. The first four maintenance services free

What would you all do? Cancel plan entirely and price shop or take one of the two options that I just listed.

Thanks in advance!
I would cancel the warranty for a full refund and not shop for a replacement. I would invest or save that money in case I needed repairs in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is the improvement over 2020? Thanks.
I test drove a 2020 Outback and just took delivery of a 2021. One difference that I noticed is that on the 2020, the CarPlay took up only the top half of the screen. On my 2021, it utilizes the entire screen. Quite a difference.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,443 Posts
I test drove a 2020 Outback and just took delivery of a 2021. One difference that I noticed is that on the 2020, the CarPlay took up only the top half of the screen. On my 2021, it utilizes the entire screen. Quite a difference.
The 2020s with the software update have that also, from what I understand. So that's not really a '21 only feature.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I purchased a 2020 in Dec 2019 11k miles on it so far, I would like to purchase an extended warranty - if someone reading here sells them would you please PM me with information.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT in Autumn Green
246 Posts
I purchased a 2020 in Dec 2019 11k miles on it so far, I would like to purchase an extended warranty - if someone reading here sells them would you please PM me with information.

Thanks, Mark
I think you will have to provide your location, as it appears to be the case that these now need to be purchased from a dealer within your region.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Outback Premium with Package 13 and Popular Pack #1 for $32,248 MSRP. Stated invoice value of $29,968. Quoted $27,656 with financing or $26,656 for cash. Grand Subaru in Illinois. I couldn't get anyone locally to get close to their quoted price even after shipping was included. Glad I found this forum, it made it a lot easier understanding what to expect when buying a new car. First Subaru and am enjoying it!

$32,248 MSRP
$26,656 Cash price
$500 Rebate
$350 Documentation/Drive Away Fee

$26506 -> ~ 17.8% off MSRP not including taxes or shipping

·
Registered
1 Posts
What the best lease you found on a 2021 Outback Limited XT with a 40094.00 window sticker. 3500 out of pocket 36 month 15000 miles per year ?
I was quoted 390 plus sales tax

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
A few weeks in and trying to stay patient! Order was placed 10/29, my dealer sent my VON to confirm, and recently sent a "VAN" number which looks like the Monroney Sticker from the car. Very confident in December delivery, which would be fantastic to get before the holidays!

Reactions: Icemateo
2221 - 2240 of 2285 Posts