Subaru Outback Forums banner

2241 - 2260 of 2285 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
A few weeks in and trying to stay patient! Order was placed 10/29, my dealer sent my VON to confirm, and recently sent a "VAN" number which looks like the Monroney Sticker from the car. Very confident in December delivery, which would be fantastic to get before the holidays!
In the same boat. Ordered at the beginning of October and have a tentative 12/14 delivery. Ordering some accessories to have ready when it gets here! Stoked!

·
Registered
Outback Onyx Edition XT 2021
7 Posts
Just received my new 21 onyx. MSRP 38500. Used Costco program and they started at 300 below dealer invoice. Eventually got them down to 35500. They didn’t have the color we wanted and they were able to swap for the grey. Probably could have gotten them to go down a little more, but I was getting tired and was shooting for around this price.

Went into the financing office iffy about getting the gold plus warranty. They started off with 1700 for the 10/100k with $100 deductible. Eventually got it down to 1500 and figured it’s a pretty decent price for the warranty and bit.

Emailed Subaru of America trying to get the loyalty coupon, but they said they couldn’t give one to me because I didn’t purchase my precious outback new, but did offer either a $500 coupon for parts, services, or accessory’s or a maintanance place for the first 4 services. Leaning toward the service plan because I can’t change my own oil where I live. What do you guys think?

Total - 35500 + tax and fees, $1500 for gold plus 10/100k.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just received my new 21 onyx. MSRP 38500. Used Costco program and they started at 300 below dealer invoice. Eventually got them down to 35500. They didn’t have the color we wanted and they were able to swap for the grey. Probably could have gotten them to go down a little more, but I was getting tired and was shooting for around this price.

Went into the financing office iffy about getting the gold plus warranty. They started off with 1700 for the 10/100k with $100 deductible. Eventually got it down to 1500 and figured it’s a pretty decent price for the warranty and bit.

Emailed Subaru of America trying to get the loyalty coupon, but they said they couldn’t give one to me because I didn’t purchase my precious outback new, but did offer either a $500 coupon for parts, services, or accessory’s or a maintanance place for the first 4 services. Leaning toward the service plan because I can’t change my own oil where I live. What do you guys think?

So sounds like the price could have been lower, but then the warranty would have been more expensive. We ended up in the same place. MSRP 38,787 price 34,200 warranty 2,700

·
Registered
31 Posts

By the way, how long did it take to hear back from SOA? I emailed them a week ago and have not heard a thing? Did you use the form online or a specific email address?

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx Edition XT
1,928 Posts
Remember, all, you have to compare apples to apples.

Onyx trims have a factory option package for the Moonroof/RAB/Navigation, at $1850 MSRP.

Also you have to factor in your accessories. Trailer hitch? $500. Rockford Fosgate upgrade? $650.

Personally, I added 7 accessories at the time of my order, and have my eye on several more once I take delivery that I will take care of myself.

·
Registered
Outback Onyx Edition XT 2021
7 Posts
So sounds like the price could have been lower, but then the warranty would have been more expensive. We ended up in the same place. MSRP 38,787 price 34,200 warranty 2,700
Pretty much what I figured. I knew I could have probably gone down on the price, but wanted the grey one and they did the leg work to swap for it.

I used the contact us form on their website and it took 2-3 days for them to respond. Looking at other posts it looks like it’s easier to just call them up.

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
19 Posts
Hello to the knowledgable people out there. I have a lease return on my 2018 Outback coming up. Can I use that as a bargaining chip with a dealer for an new purchase? On all my previous leases I would sell the car myself and make a profit but I can't be bothered this time around.
(I'm in California where you don't pay tax if buy out and transfer ownership within 10 days.)

Also my contract says I get charged $350 for a lease return-lame! Anyone have experience getting that waived?

·
Registered
21 Touring XT
5 Posts
Thank you to everyone sharing info in this thread and forum, now it's my turn to contribute:

2021 OB Touring XT
  • Popular Package #2:
    • LED Upgrade - Dome Light
    • Rear Seat Back Protector
    • Ext Auto Dim Mirror
    • Rear Bumper Cover
    • Splash Guards
    • All-Weather Floor Liners
  • Wireless Charger
D&D $1050
MSRP: $42,133, Selling price: $37,090 (+doc fee, gov fee, sales tax) + $574 for 3 yrs Starlink and paint protection.

Took 0% financing and didn't take extended warranty because they didn't even try to offer me anything below $2,750 for the 7yr/100/100.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thought I would share my recent experience.

2021 OB Touring XT - abyss blue pearl
$42133 including popular package 2
2606 discount Paid 39527 + fees
$11500 trade in for a BMW 3 series 2014 75000 miles
Gold plus warranty offered @ 2990 but got out the door $2170 (no tax)
I don't think I did great, but I needed a better car before it snows here in Minnesota. I couldn't do another winter with the 3 series.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Picked up ours yesterday. 2021 OB Touring XT w/ Std Option #41, added weather mats, cargo net and sport grill:
  • $44694 MSRP incl D & D
  • 636.10 options
  • $42330.10
  • 4349 discount
  • $37981
Added Starlink Security Plus for 7 yrs = $374.10
Added Gold Plus Warr. 7yr/100k/ $0 ded. =$1750.
%0 Financing for 63 mos.
Also got $35 VISA card from SOA for test drive, $30 gas card from salesman, two free Subaru ball caps and $250 donated to local Meals on Wheels.
Pretty good days work if you ask me. Could have gotten the $100 ded warr. for $1500, thanks to research done on this thread.

·
Registered
2021 Onyx XT Autumn Green Metallic
5 Posts
Bought my first new car and first Subaru a little over a month ago. Loving it so far. 2020 outback onxu

My msrp -38508
Sale price -34395

includes options pkg 22
Rockford fosgate audio
Rear bumper cover
Congrats, what state are you in? I bought my Onyx last month for $35700 + TTL in Southern California.

·
Registered
2020 outback onyx xt
10 Posts
Congrats, what state are you in? I bought my Onyx last month for $35700 + TTL in Southern California.
I live in New York but drove to Maryland to pick it up. They offer 2k off msrp around where I live and the pickings were slim.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Although I don't have a Subaru dlr in my city, there are 9 w/in a 70 mi radius of me. Sent my build sheet from Sub.com out to 6 of them and that's how I got my best price. Never done it that way before but worked like a charm and kept safe. I live in southern Virginia on the NC border.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We purchased ours on Thursday, 2020 11 20.

2021 Outback Touring XT, Autumn Green, Option Package 41, Popular Package #2

MSRP $42,107
Paid $39,310

Includes two years service at any Subaru dealer plus one additional year at selling dealer.
Received the Starlink Security Plus for 3 yrs and a few insignificant dealer added options at no cost
Added Gold Plus Warranty 10yr/100k/ $100 for $1500.
Was going to pay cash but took the %0 Financing for 62 months because it's 0%!

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Wow, 0% for 62 on a 2021? That is great. First time I heard of that promotion.

edit - looks like they got updated 11/19. 0% up to 63, 0.9 for 72!

·
Registered
2021 Outback Onyx XT; 2005 Outback XT
469 Posts
Wow, 0% for 62 on a 2021? That is great. First time I heard of that promotion.

edit - looks like they got updated 11/19. 0% up to 63, 0.9 for 72!
Yep. Might actually get off my lazy butt and finally buy one. I could go a few more months though, since my '05 is still running fine. And what about the rumors of the Wilderness Edition coming out in the Spring? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
That sounds like a reveal in spring at the auto shows - assuming no pandemic delays - so maybe that would be a 2022 model? I suppose there is no harm in waiting to see the reveal, but if history is accurate, you won’t have access to 0% for the 2022’s until around this time next year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
First time Subaru owner. Don't know if it's Ok to post used deals here but I bought a 2020 OB Limited in silver with titanium gray interior. Limited with moonroof package for $30,722. It has 1800 miles and is CPO. I sold our 2016 Honda Pilot Elite with 65K miles for 25,800 to a private party but routed that transaction through the Sub dealer which saved me lot of sales tax and got me better sales price on the Pilot. Dealer would have given me $23K. I probably could have been more patient and worked on a better deal but I was OK with it. I do wish I had them throw in some accessories like mud flaps, sunshade etc.
BTW should I have expected a full tank of gas, keychain etc? In past purchases that has seemed commonplace.

2241 - 2260 of 2285 Posts