Subaru Outback Forums banner

2421 - 2440 of 2467 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
WOW!!! This is crazy. I bought the exact same car on 11/21/20.
MSRP $41694
Sale 37345
0% for 63 mos.
They must have had a certain price point on that color and option pkg. That is so weird. Mine was in VA, how about you?
Massachusetts. I thought it was a decent deal. Checked 5 other dealers nearby and all were marginally higher priced, but Quirk Subaru gave me an extra $1,000 off my trade.

·
Registered
27 Posts
2021 Outback Touring XT (with some add-ons)
MSRP: 42K
Purchase price: 36.3K
Got Subaru finance.
Dealer: World Subaru, NJ (they bettered the quote from Grand Subaru). Ask for David Garro.
Bought on 12/30/20 supposedly the year end deal they were willing to go under (or, everyone says the same)

Thanks for all the sharing and great suggestions.

·
Registered
21 Outback Touring XT
11 Posts
2021 Outback Touring XT
Abyss Blue
STD Option 41
Popular PKG 2
Wireless Charger

MSRP: 42,133
Purchase Price: 37,288

Drove it off the lot today 1/4/21 with 3 miles on the odo
10 year 100k 0 Deduct $1779

Obvious the 0% APR Deal.

Time for mods!

Happy Hunting!

·
Registered
Outback Onyx Edition XT 2021
18 Posts
Massachusetts. I thought it was a decent deal. Checked 5 other dealers nearby and all were marginally higher priced, but Quirk Subaru gave me an extra $1,000 off my trade.
Nice! I got mine from Wakefield. Make sure you ask them to take of the quirk sticker! No free advertising from me!

·
Registered
80 Posts
You both got good deals!
Over 10% off is 👍

A Sabaru coupon it would of been even better!

What is your tax rate?
I scored a very similar discount, plus I had a coupon to make it a little better, sadly my sales tax rate is 10.5%!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thoughts? Located in bay area, ca
Limited xt for $35,728 before taxes and fees

Base MSRP
$37,995
Factory Installed Options
$958
Freight Delivery Charge
$1,050

Total MSRP$40,003

Dealer Discount
-$4,882 (12.2%) off MSRP

Your TruePrice:
$35,121

Dealer Fees & Accessories

Documentation Fee
$85
Alloy Wheel Locks
$127
Clear Shield Protection Package
$395
Total Dealer Fees & Accessories$607

Total After Dealer Fees & Accessories $35,728

Accessories also include-
Exterior auto dimming mirrors, interior upgraded LED light kit, rear bumper cover, all weather floor liners, rear seat back protector, splash guards, sunshade, cargo net

What do you guys think? I'm trying to get it down to 35k even and no dice thus far

·
Registered
2021 Touring XT in Crystal White Pearl
181 Posts
That's a great price. I'd take it and run. Try to do as well on the Subaru extended warr. Don't let them sell you a third party one.

·
Registered
20 Outback Premium
1,622 Posts
Thoughts? Located in bay area, ca
Limited xt for $35,728 before taxes and fees

Base MSRP
$37,995
Factory Installed Options
$958
Freight Delivery Charge
$1,050

Total MSRP$40,003

Dealer Discount
-$4,882 (12.2%) off MSRP

Your TruePrice:
$35,121

Dealer Fees & Accessories

Documentation Fee
$85
Alloy Wheel Locks
$127
$395
Total Dealer Fees & Accessories$607

Total After Dealer Fees & Accessories $35,728

Accessories also include-
Exterior auto dimming mirrors, interior upgraded LED light kit, rear bumper cover, all weather floor liners, rear seat back protector, splash guards, sunshade, cargo net

What do you guys think? I'm trying to get it down to 35k even and no dice thus far
The only thing I would dump is

Alloy Wheel Locks
$127
$395

Otherwise looks really good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's a great price. I'd take it and run. Try to do as well on the Subaru extended warr. Don't let them sell you a third party one.
I haven't researched any warranty.. Nor was I considering it. What should I push for?
If I was gonna put money in I was gonna add a hitch and maybe the dealership platform Thule bike rack but iono

·
Registered
181 Posts
Go back in this thread and find posts re. the Sub. ext warr. Many configurations for milage and mos. of service. There is a lot of room that dlrs have for negotiation in these. Dig a little in here. Most people get the warr. because of all the electronics and computers on board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go back in this thread and find posts re. the Sub. ext warr. Many configurations for milage and mos. of service. There is a lot of room that dlrs have for negotiation in these. Dig a little in here. Most people get the warr. because of all the electronics and computers on board.
Thanks I'll start digging more. I've never bought from the dealership before. Wife leases all the time but that's about it when it comes to dealership experience, otherwise I stay away

·
Registered
181 Posts
Dealerships are not your enemy, just be fully armed and prepared with facts and prices before you go in. These people who buy strictly online and never see the car until delivery are missing the point. Sure do your footwork online and contact several dlrs asking for best price. Then make an appt to go in and discuss. If they know you mean business and are informed most will be professional and give you their best price. Be prepared to walk away if you don't get the price you feel is fair. Search here for prices others have gotten. You can do this.

·
Premium Member
2018 3.6R Touring
35 Posts
Question, and this might be in the wrong place. Loyalty coupon of $500. Does the dealership eat that cost or do they get reimbursed by SOA?
loyalty is a voucher that comes off the total at signing, code verified by the dealer and reimbursed to the dealer after the sale is finalized.

Differs from promotional specials such as the current $500/$750/$1000 at purchase and various test drive offers of $50/75/100 are all sent as gift cards through a 3rd party (Urban Science) Not sure who foots the bill for those, could be a split, but I’m leaning towards SOA eating that cost as an advertising write off - partially offset by franchise fees.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,523 Posts
I haven't researched any warranty.. Nor was I considering it. What should I push for?
If I was gonna put money in I was gonna add a hitch and maybe the dealership platform Thule bike rack but iono
I would skip the warranty.
If you never get an extended warranty, chances are very much in your favor of coming out ahead in the long run.
I would only get an extended warranty if a worst case repair would mean financial ruin. But then, I would probably have gotten a less expensive car where that's not an issue.
The seller profits most from these kind of things. It seems like many people get the extended warranty for piece of mind. That's ok too, as long as you understand that the piece of mind most likely will end up costing you some money.

I would skip the extended warranty, and always have in the past. Never regretted it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
loyalty is a voucher that comes off the total at signing, code verified by the dealer and reimbursed to the dealer after the sale is finalized.

Differs from promotional specials such as the current $500/$750/$1000 at purchase and various test drive offers of $50/75/100 are all sent as gift cards through a 3rd party (Urban Science) Not sure who foots the bill for those, could be a split, but I’m leaning towards SOA eating that cost as an advertising write off - partially offset by franchise fees.
Thanks for the information. The only promotions I see are 0% financing. Is there additional current promotions? About to make an offer tomorrow at invoice (38996) - holdback (799) - $500 loyalty for touring xt. I'm not sure how to get them down below that.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,523 Posts
Thanks for the information. The only promotions I see are 0% financing. Is there additional current promotions? About to make an offer tomorrow at invoice (38996) - holdback (799) - $500 loyalty for touring xt. I'm not sure how to get them down below that.
Don't even mention the loyalty coupon until you sit with the finance guy to sign the papers.
Even Subaru directly recommended this to me.
Back in March, I was able to apply a total of $2,250 in coupons from Subaru, but these times seem to be over. 🙁

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't even mention the loyalty coupon until you sit with the finance guy to sign the papers.
Great advice, did not know that. Timing is bad. Wife had a mishap w/ her 2010 Outback and insurance totaled it. In search of vehicle but dealers don't know the desperate need :)

2421 - 2440 of 2467 Posts