Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

2781 - 2800 of 2833 Posts

·
Registered
16 outback, 18 crosstrek, 05 wrangler, 81 corvette, 74 TR6
70 Posts
I put a deposit down with Grand guys yesterday. The price was lower than my "goal price" and did not even negotiate after receiving the email offer. Super easy to deal with and painless. They did not have the color I wanted in stock, but were confident that they could trade with a neighboring dealer and get in within 2-3 days. Limited with Option 31 (base).

YOUR SUBARU: 2021 Subaru Outback Limited
PACKAGE:Standard Limited Model
TRANSMISSION: CVT Automatic
FACTORY INSTALLED ACCESSORIES:
LED Upgrade - Dome Light
Rear Seatback Protector
All-Weather Floor Liners
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guards
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror with Approach Light

MSRP: $35,524
Invoice: $33,070

Your GRAND SUBARU Price: $30,226

Your Guaranteed Savings: $5,298

Destination and Delivery is included!
Only Available Until 04/30/2021!
They offered me similar, how far are you from them? I am in NY so I am inquiring about cost to ship vs me flying in and driving home 14 hours

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm in TX, so gonna fly there (they offer airport pickup) and make a road trip with a few stops on the way back home. For the +2500 difference it was worth it for me. I had asked them a couple months ago about shipping and they said $1000 and doing the paper work through mail.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in TX, so gonna fly there (they offer airport pickup) and make a road trip with a few stops on the way back home. For the +2500 difference it was worth it for me. I had asked them a couple months ago about shipping and they said $1000 and doing the paper work through mail.
Thanks, I might do the same. The only dealer near me was willing to take $1000 off MSRP and the rest are sticking to MSRP due to chip fiasco. Even Ramsey NJ Subaru is at MSRP and they usually play ball.

You said they were able to trade another dealership for your color car and they stuck to the same price? I would like Abyss blue but they don't have it in my configuration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im going to get the Wilderness so I’m doing my due diligence to figure out how to buy. What is this Grands everybody is talking about? Grand Subaru in Illinois? Do they offer better prices than anyone else or something? I’m a bit confused. Multiple people are flying to them for their cars and I’m only in Ohio so if they beat everyone’s prices for some reason I’m in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You said they were able to trade another dealership for your color car and they stuck to the same price? I would like Abyss blue but they don't have it in my configuration.
That's what they said. They said they'll know for sure in the next few days based on my criteria (outside color/interior color) and my priority order.

Im going to get the Wilderness so I’m doing my due diligence to figure out how to buy. What is this Grands everybody is talking about? Grand Subaru in Illinois? Do they offer better prices than anyone else or something? I’m a bit confused. Multiple people are flying to them for their cars and I’m only in Ohio so if they beat everyone’s prices for some reason I’m in.
New & Used Subaru Dealership serving Bensenville and Elmhurst, IL | Grand Subaru Go there, find the car you want and hit "Send me the price" and they'll email you a quote. Really simple and painless. Use that and shop against the local dealers. If nobody local plays ball, go buy it from Grand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What do you guys think of this deal? The government fee is much higher then I remember and that doc fee is a bit high. Best price on a 2021 XT Touring I could find and the best price for my trade. I have to drive over 200 miles for this deal though. Best in my area was just under 39k.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, Grand does seem to offer the best discounts, If you are in Ohio I would not hesitate to quote them. Like you I think I am going to hold out and look into the Wilderness special blue they are coming out with....oh turbo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, Grand does seem to offer the best discounts, If you are in Ohio I would not hesitate to quote them. Like you I think I am going to hold out and look into the Wilderness special blue they are coming out with....oh turbo
I know you probably have no idea but do you think dealers are going to be firm with pricing with the chip shortage going on and the Wilderness just coming out? I’m worried they may not be receptive to any deals at all

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited
29 Posts
I’m looking at buying a 2021 Limited or Touring, probably in TX or Louisiana and wondering if anyone has any insight into what sort of deal I might be able to get, or if there are any specific dealerships worth checking into?
You can try using true car to see what offers dealers give you.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited XT - Ice Silver
261 Posts
I know you probably have no idea but do you think dealers are going to be firm with pricing with the chip shortage going on and the Wilderness just coming out? I’m worried they may not be receptive to any deals at all
I think the Wilderness will have a very small discount. A lot will depend on how much Subaru is going to support them in terms of market assistance, holdback, etc. I would guess, not much. I think interest and demand will be high, and supply will be slow to come and low #'s. I'm guessing SIA's capacity isn't increasing right now, so the Wilderness production numbers will cut out some other trim volumes.

I know there was some stuff in Torque News about SIA going into a shutdown due to the chip shortage, but I've not seen that confirmed anywhere. I'm closing on my '21 next week and I had one dealer tell me that my offer of invoice my $700 was going to expire and his manager already told him new pricing starts at MSRP. Couple all that with the natural model year ending and there is a built in supply lag. My guess (and I'm just a schmuck who likes to buy Subarus) is that MY22 pricing is going to be very rigid over the summer at least.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited XT - Ice Silver
261 Posts
I think the Wilderness will have a very small discount. A lot will depend on how much Subaru is going to support them in terms of market assistance, holdback, etc. I would guess, not much. I think interest and demand will be high, and supply will be slow to come and low #'s. I'm guessing SIA's capacity isn't increasing right now, so the Wilderness production numbers will cut out some other trim volumes.

I know there was some stuff in Torque News about SIA going into a shutdown due to the chip shortage, but I've not seen that confirmed anywhere. I'm closing on my '21 next week and I had one dealer tell me that my offer of invoice my $700 was going to expire and his manager already told him new pricing starts at MSRP. Couple all that with the natural model year ending and there is a built in supply lag. My guess (and I'm just a schmuck who likes to buy Subarus) is that MY22 pricing is going to be very rigid over the summer at least.
Double quoting here to add in that I think you'll find Grand to be easy to deal with. They know the game and it'll probably be pretty obvious after you email a few dealers (or 35 if you're me....) that they will most likely be the baseline for all your dealing. Good luck!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Double quoting here to add in that I think you'll find Grand to be easy to deal with. They know the game and it'll probably be pretty obvious after you email a few dealers (or 35 if you're me....) that they will most likely be the baseline for all your dealing. Good luck!!
thanks. Just a bad time for my 15 year old car to take a **** I guess. I’m just curious, what allows Grand to have the lowest prices? I may give them a call soon about the Wilderness and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
Subaru 2019 Outback 2.5i
4 Posts
My guess (and I'm just a schmuck who likes to buy Subarus) is that MY22 pricing is going to be very rigid over the summer at least.
I went to dealers around Portland, OR. The prices are very firmed at these area. Never seen this before pandemic... They did give some discounts but almost nothing...

·
Registered
21 Posts
CarBuzz- Subaru Stops Production
Reuters- Subaru Stops Production

I don't believe you will see the same level of discounting available for much longer until the pipeline gets refilled.
Demand will outstrip availability, plus the dealeships still need to have some level of revenue.If you have less cars to sell, why would you do heavy discounting?
I’ve seen this in my hobby, PC gaming, once the shortage starts when it ends seems to be further and further down the road. I might just sell off my 2021 Outback Premium if I can get back what I paid (plus an IL sales tax for used cars). Get the deals while you can, because they might be drying up in the near future.

·
Registered
‘19 3.6R Touring
353 Posts
That is a super low price - "Gold Plus for $1180 - 10Yr/100K" - Which dealer ? Can you please share?
Don Mealey/Sport Subaru-Orlando. I’m pretty sure it was Gold, don’t know about the Plus though...I’ll have to check about that.

·
Registered
‘19 3.6R Touring
353 Posts
They offered me similar, how far are you from them? I am in NY so I am inquiring about cost to ship vs me flying in and driving home 14 hours
I’ve driven used cars home long distance but for new cars, there’s some skepticism about constant long distance driving to break it in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Today I went to Gerald Subaru of Naperville (chicago dealership). Purchased a blue 2021 Outback Touring XT

MSRP: $42166
Sale Price: $36248

I did end up getting 3yrs remote start on my phone for $80

I also splurged and got the 8yr/120k Subaru extended warranty. It was $2349.

Overall I’m very happy. No hassle, worked out great.

Tried out Fry the Coop - will go there again.
Oh Bearded One, did you have to go into finance before you could start talking about the extended warranty or did they give you pricing before you had to go that far?

2781 - 2800 of 2833 Posts