Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

2821 - 2829 of 2829 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Touring XT Abyss Blue Pearl
345 Posts
omg why are dealers the worst
It got even worse. We got home and I looked online and found them advertising the same car for $2581 less than their price to us! When a salesman texted this morning I told him it had been beyond insulting. Of course that listing is no longer there this morning with this salesman saying he can't find it...

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited XT - Ice Silver
261 Posts
Limited XT
Ice Silver Exterior
Black Leather Interior
MSRP $39,942
Invoice: $37,070
Purchase Price $34,675
Doc Fee $250
Trade (16 OB 2.5 LTD w/ 84150 mi)
($15,500)
Tax $1,408.31
Title Fee $15
Subaru Loyalty ($500)
Total Financed $20,348.31

This isn’t the best deal I’ve seen, but something tells me deals are gonna be hard to come by over the next few months. But it’s the 4th Subaru we’ve bought here in 6 years.

Now I need a name for the new girl.

Edited to add Invoice info which I didn't have in front of me last night.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Limited XT
Ice Silver Exterior
Black Leather Interior
MSRP $39,942
Purchase Price $34,675
Doc Fee $250
Trade (16 OB 2.5 LTD w/ 84150 mi)
($15,500)
Tax $1,408.31
Title Fee $15
Subaru Loyalty ($500)
Total Financed $20,348.31

This isn’t the best deal I’ve seen, but something tells me deals are gonna be hard to come by over the next few months. But it’s the 4th Subaru we’ve bought here in 6 years.

Now I need a name for the new girl.
Best deal I have seen on a Limited XT Outback, I'd probably pay 35k at one of my three local dealers.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited XT - Ice Silver
261 Posts
To the best of my understanding, maintenance plan is 100% a dealer add on and not part of any official Subaru plan. They probably advertise it, but with the disclaimer, “see local dealer for details and pricing”. For example, my local dealer advertises it on their dealership finance page for like $995. It’s essentially 5 minor service visits (6, 12, 18, 24, & 36k) and 1 major service at 30k. I sat down and figured it out earlier today. My local dealer charges $85 for minor service intervals and $835 for the 60k service. Big difference between 30 & 60k service is they replace the plugs on the 60k. So the 30k obviously costs less than the 60k. If I estimate $500 for the 30k, my dealership is making $75 more than RETAIL charges. And retail is obviously more than their expense.
I would call shenanigans on the maintenance cost comment. But it’s easily verifiable.

They also list their retail cost for a service contract. These are Gold Plus plans and they don’t list the deductible for them.
5/60k $2080
6/60k $2200
7/70k $2345
6/80k $2335
8/80k $2420
5/100k $2470
6/100k $2560
7/100k $2700
Keep in mind that you have the 3/36k bumper to bumper warranty. And you can buy an extended warranty from just about any dealer at any time within that time period. On my original 2010 OB, I ended up buying it from a guy in Massachusetts. I’m in Ohio.
Interestingly enough, and I wasn't quick enough to ask about the others, but yesterday when I closed on my car, he offered me the 6/80k w/$100 deductible "at cost" for $1,235. He based the package off my 5.5 yr old trade with 84k miles on it. I declined it as I'm not sure what my annual mileage will look like and I'll start looking at options toward the end of my factory warranty period and decide if I want that added piece of mind or not.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Outback
108 Posts
Didn't buy the gold plus warranty when I got my Outback Touring XT in May 2020.

Any recommendations on CA dealerships that have competitive pricing post-purchase? Am looking at getting the 100k/10year...$0/$100 deductible tbd based on total pricing.

Reached out to the dealership where I bought my car as well as two, neighboring dealerships -->been 3 weeks and they haven't got back to me.
Did you ever find any pricing? I am also in CA and looking for a Gold Plus plan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks

I am sure it is annoying for a new account to come and ask for advice, but situation here is that I am considering a new OB in the next few months and looks like now might be the time to buy. Looking at either Premium or Limited models, depending on what kind of pricing I could secure.

All of the dealers in my area (TX) are giving anywhere from 5% on Premium models with moonroof package to 10% on premium models without moonroof package - waiting to hear back on some pricing regarding XT as well. Last car I bought was my 2013 WRX.

Is it crazy to accept internet offers 5%-7% at this time? I know there is a lot of apprehension about the next few months. I could wait, but for $1500, not sure if its worth waiting another 6-10 months.

·
Registered
16 outback, 18 crosstrek, 05 wrangler, 81 corvette, 74 TR6
70 Posts
Hi folks

I am sure it is annoying for a new account to come and ask for advice, but situation here is that I am considering a new OB in the next few months and looks like now might be the time to buy. Looking at either Premium or Limited models, depending on what kind of pricing I could secure.

All of the dealers in my area (TX) are giving anywhere from 5% on Premium models with moonroof package to 10% on premium models without moonroof package - waiting to hear back on some pricing regarding XT as well. Last car I bought was my 2013 WRX.

Is it crazy to accept internet offers 5%-7% at this time? I know there is a lot of apprehension about the next few months. I could wait, but for $1500, not sure if its worth waiting another 6-10 months.
I am not getting anything less than MSRP being offered at any dealers, i would grab the 10% with 0%. If you have a used car trade and resale have never been higher.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Did you ever find any pricing? I am also in CA and looking for a Gold Plus plan.
I used Kumar's place - Sunset Hills Subaru - got I think a decent price

Paid $1650 for 10/100K $100 ded

Reactions: O-Deer
2821 - 2829 of 2829 Posts