Subaru Outback Forums banner

401 - 417 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
7 Posts
Thank you! And yes it only adds two more years to the warranty, but I drive close to 20,000 miles a year, so getting the miles was more important to me.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, in Crystal White Pearl
547 Posts
Just purchased a 2020 Outback Touring XT, in white. It also was loaded with a fair number of accessories, including all-weather mats, the dimming outside mirrors with approach light, LED dome-light and overhead lights, cargo net, mud guards, rear bumper protector, and rear seatback protector. (I think that's it....) A couple/few of them I didn't really care about, but some I would have added myself. At any rate, MSRP (including destination) was raised from 40,705, to 41,638. (Total accessory MSRP was $933, or about $600 at invoice.)

I got the car for invoice minus 2%, which worked out to 37,850. Plus, I had obtained a loyalty rebate coupon from Subaru USA, which was subtracted at the end, so that effectively made the price 37,350. or about 10.3% off of MSRP.

Sales tax and license fees in CA are both high, unfortunately, so OTD was raised back up to $41.1k. (The state did quite well in the transaction....)

Oh, and there was also an offer of a $50 VISA gift card (or "virtual" gift card?), if you came in and took a test drive. So I claimed that as well....

All in all, given the relatively low inventory of white Touring XTs at local dealers, I think I got a pretty good deal. Plus, it is at the dealership where I have been taking my 2010 for service, so that's good. All negotiation was done via e-mail with a sales manager, and so it was basically go in and do the paperwork. I declined extended warranty and maintenance plans, but may shop around at my leisure...

Their trade-in offer for my 2010, with 223,000 miles, was "miniscule". So I still need to sell it, or perhaps even donate it to a local charity.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT White
34 Posts
Unfortunately this comment might be political, but it is part of new vehicle purchase expenses...
Yes, California certainly does "very well" with new vehicle fees & taxes. This is the first time in decades of purchasing new cars the registration fees have INCREASED with age. My 1 year old Audi registration went UP year 2 buy a significant amount.
And they can keep going up as needed determined by the State, year after year. California is in a watershed of tax revenue.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Yes, but it will cover 64K miles that the original warranty does not.
yep. Back when I had a commuter car, and a truck, I'd easily hit 100,000 miles just over the 4 year mark. And that's driving the other vehicle sometimes too.... so that warranty would be just about right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did a fast-track to get a VIP letter by becoming a founder member at ASPCA. If you are not familiar with this it usually takes 6 months to become qualified to get VIP pricing through Subaru partners. By becoming a Founder at ASPCA you can bypass the 6 month wait. To become a Founder you have to donate a one time $501.00. It's a hefty price but it's a Tax deduction also. I will update you on the process and outcome. My target vehicle is a 2020 Outback touring XT.
Within minutes of my donation and applying for the VIP letter I received the following:

Thank you for your interest in the Subaru VIP Program for ASPCA Guardians and Founders! And thank you for forwarding your donation confirmation email.

In addition to providing special offers for qualified ASPCA Guardian and Founders, the ASPCA will also receive a $100 donation from Subaru for every vehicle purchased or leased through the program. Your participation in this program will help us continue our life saving work for animals and we cannot thank you enough for your dedication and support of our mission.

Please also keep in mind that during the Subaru Share the Love® Event from 11/14/19-1/2/20, Subaru will donate $250 to the purchaser’s choice among four national charities, one of which is the ASPCA! If you purchase/lease a new Subaru using the VIP Program during the Subaru Share the Love Event (and select the ASPCA as your charity), the ASPCA will receive the $250 Share the Love donation along with the VIP Program donation of $100 for a total of $350!

I have confirmed your membership information and have submitted it to Subaru. You will receive the Subaru VIP Retailer Visit Authorization form directly from Subaru via email from [email protected] within two business days. Please note that each form is valid for 45 days, after which time you can request a new form simply by sending an inquiry to this email address. It is also important to know that you must receive your form before contacting your participating Subaru retailer to qualify for this offer. If you purchase or lease a new Subaru without this form, you will not receive the VIP offer and the ASPCA will not receive $100.

Thank you very much for your support of the ASPCA! Please let me know if you have any questions, comments, or need further assistance. You may also contact Subaru directly via email at [email protected] or 1.800.VIP.0933.

Kind regards,
Meredith

Meredith Kalinowski

UPDATE
Got the VIP letter from Subaru on Thanksgiving day, surprisingly quick process. Letter states:

VIP Price – RETAILER INVOICE COST MINUS 2%

This is to certify named customer qualifies for VIP Pricing
CUSTOMER IS ENTITLED TO VIP PROGRAM PRICING LESS ANY ZONE/REGIONAL/RETAILER AND CUSTOMER CASH INCENTIVES

·
Registered
67 Posts
Unfortunately this comment might be political, but it is part of new vehicle purchase expenses...
Yes, California certainly does "very well" with new vehicle fees & taxes. This is the first time in decades of purchasing new cars the registration fees have INCREASED with age. My 1 year old Audi registration went UP year 2 buy a significant amount.
And they can keep going up as needed determined by the State, year after year. California is in a watershed of tax revenue.
Texas welcomes you...no state income tax...and you can buy a new 2500 sq ft house just outside of Dallas for the low 400's

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I started my car purchase quest Friday the 22nd and today have a car on order for delivery next month. I contacted the local dealers (about 9) with a standard e-mail requesting a "quote". A few responded with an actual quote but most were "Come on in and see us" language. I ended up with the following:

Outback Touring XT
Option package 41 (Popular package #2)
MSRP $41,559 with options
Internet Price $37,573
Taxes, license recording fees added

Kudos to Eastside Subaru for making the process easy.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,075 Posts
Well I started my car purchase quest Friday the 22nd and today have a car on order for delivery next month. I contacted the local dealers (about 9) with a standard e-mail requesting a "quote". A few responded with an actual quote but most were "Come on in and see us" language. I ended up with the following:

Outback Touring XT
Option package 41 (Popular package #2)
MSRP $41,559 with options
Internet Price $37,573
Taxes, license recording fees added

Kudos to Eastside Subaru for making the process easy.
Congrats, that's a good price!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm going to start hitting up a few dealers myself. I inquired about one on the lot at one dealership and was quoted just over 2% under invoice before taxes, tags and doc fee. I think I'm going to have to factory order though to get color and options I want
Are they starting to quote one month now on new orders?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm going to start hitting up a few dealers myself. I inquired about one on the lot at one dealership and was quoted just over 2% under invoice before taxes, tags and doc fee. I think I'm going to have to factory order though to get color and options I want
Are they starting to quote one month now on new orders?
I have seen on forums online 5-6 weeks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just picked up an Onyx Edition XT in magnetic gray yesterday. The sticker price was $38,604 (sunroof package and popular accessories package #2) and I was able to get it for $35,245. So that was a discount of $3,359, which I was really happy about. I believe the invoice on that model is somewhere between $2,300 and $2,800 so below invoice was pretty great. I also traded in my 2013 XV Crosstrek with 156,000 miles and they offered me $5,000 which was KBB value, so I was also happy with that. I have avoided extended warranties in the past but all of the new tech worries me and they offered me 5 years 100k miles for $1,919, down from $3,200~ I believe, so I went for it for the peace of mind since I need my car for work every day. All in all, I am very satisfied with what I paid for the car and I really like it so far.
enjoy your new wheels!

401 - 417 of 417 Posts