Subaru Outback Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1938 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium w/Eyesight package #14
355 Posts
2020 Outback Touring XT

Black Paint & Black Interior Trim (w/ the brown napa leather)

Popular Package #2

Trailer Hitch

Being quoted $39,400 via Costco pricing.

Dealer is about 2.5 hour drive from my home. I have access to IMBA VIP as well, but I’m not a fan of my more local dealer (who is still an hour from my home), and the Costco Dealer seemed on the ball and had their act together.

Does this seem about as good as one can expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to Edmunds, your price is about $600 above "invoice". I would choose to go the VIP route and get at least 2% less than invoice.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT.
410 Posts
According to Edmunds, your price is about $600 above "invoice". I would choose to go the VIP route and get at least 2% less than invoice. May I ask what state you are in (as this may present better options). Additionally, did you state that the nearest Subaru dealership is at least an hour away?
Strange. Costco prices are often more than 2% below invoice, and I have yet to hear from someone that is able to get Costco pricing on the 2020 Outbacks via Costco's website. The only other Costco price we have for the 2020 reported was via direct communication with the dealer, which I assume this one is as well. It makes we wonder what's really going on here.

·
Registered
355 Posts
2020 Outback Touring XT

Black Paint & Black Interior Trim (w/ the brown napa leather)

Popular Package #2

Trailer Hitch

Being quoted $39,400 via Costco pricing.

Dealer is about 2.5 hour drive from my home. I have access to IMBA VIP as well, but I’m not a fan of my more local dealer (who is still an hour from my home), and the Costco Dealer seemed on the ball and had their act together.

Does this seem about as good as one can expect?

OK, if you are still in upstate New York (I went to school in Ithaca, beautiful area!) I have another option for you possibly :) Not sure if the savings would be worth the drive, but you will only know after you shoot them an email or make a phone call. But worth the minute it takes to do either! Contact THIS GUY below. Tell him you have his name from the ASCENT FORUM and Robert Mauro (that's not me, but also unimportant. Robert is a Subaru Ambassador and one of the main moderators of the forum and has arranged this relationship based on his purchases from the dealership).

-Dan Meola

Liberty Subaru | Like us on FaceBook | Email: [email protected] | 55 Kinderkamack Rd | Emerson, NJ 07630 | 201-261-0900 x102

"My name is Dan Meola. I am a sales manager here at Liberty Subaru. I have been with Liberty for 8 years now. I have been a Subaru fanatic for a little over 10 years now and have seen the passion and love that you all have for this brand. Just like you, I am a car enthusiast. I love all makes and models, but my true love and passion resides with Subaru- obviously:). I am truly fortunate to work for such a great brand that I love and stand behind.

I want to share the love with all of you now…. Pun intended :LOL:

Here is my offer EXCLUSIVE TO YOU!

Due to NJ state legalities I cannot reference specifics of invoice or how far below/above one may be, for this information you must message me privately.
However, If and when any of you purchase a vehicle from me, through this program, you are more than welcome to post that information on the forum!

AscentForums Employee Price Program

• You will get ANY car at the price our employees (including myself) would pay. At this price, you are heavily below what any dealer or third party program may provide.
  • You will get a discount on vehicle accessories. The discount price will range anywhere between 15% and 20%. I will not charge labor for install on these items either.
  • You will get employee pricing on warranties.
  • You will get above book value on your trade in. This is contingent on condition of your vehicle. If the vehicle is up to par as far as Carfax, paint, maintenance, tires, ding/dents, check engine lights, modifications, etc… I will do everything in my power to give you above what book value on the car is. I use GALVES to figure what my vehicle trade in values are.
For a dealer to beat these prices, they would have to take a loss on the new car. That is how little I am leaving on the table. So, this should be an unbeatable price, one would think…. Well, if you get a legitimate price lower than mine, from any dealer in the area, I will beat it by $400. I am determined to do what ever is needed to ensure this program works for everyone!"

Good Luck! :)

·
Registered
2016 Outback
91 Posts
It's unclear what the $39,400 figure is referring to. Was that the sale price, or was that the out the door price (which would include all taxes, tags, fees, etc).
Sale price, does not include taxes, title, etc. Also, no trade in this deal, and haven’t looked at financing yet.

·
Registered
2016 Outback
91 Posts
I'm only showing this as an option on the non-XT Touring, but here goes:
POPULAR PACKAGE #2
-inc: Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror w/Approach Light Part number J201SAN000, Splash Guards Part number J101SAN100, Dome Light LED Upgrade Part number H461SFL110, All-Weather Floor Liners Part number J501SAN100, Rear Seat Back Protector Part number J501SAN220, Rear Bumper Cover Part number E771SAN100
Code: OA2
Correct, this set of accessories is incorporated into the price quoted.

·
Registered
2016 Outback
91 Posts
According to Edmunds, your price is about $600 above "invoice". I would choose to go the VIP route and get at least 2% less than invoice.
So, I mentioned those points to the dealer. I was told there were a couple of discrepancies on Edmunds site, as follows:

[First, it lists the base invoice price (before accessories) at $37,011 which is actually $37,456...the popular package price is correct however the trailer hitch cost is invoiced at $266 which is actually $432. Destination fee is also $10 less.]

Not sure what to make of that information as I have seen the $37,011 base invoice number listed in a couple locations. Edmunds, as well as this site. Is there any possibility there’s a SoA/ SNE thing at play, or other factor that might alter the invoice price?

Also, IMBA VIP appears to be AT invoice. I am not aware of any of the VIP programs that still guarantee 2% under. Please share if aware.

·
Registered
2016 Outback
91 Posts
Strange. Costco prices are often more than 2% below invoice, and I have yet to hear from someone that is able to get Costco pricing on the 2020 Outbacks via Costco's website. The only other Costco price we have for the 2020 reported was via direct communication with the dealer, which I assume this one is as well. It makes we wonder what's really going on here.
Yes, this was direct communication, as the Costco pricing was not available on the site yet. I had initial discussion with the dealer’s rep and was led to believe they are generally able to go BELOW invoice, and then the resulting quote was at best, “about invoice” depending on what you make of the information I was provided with respect to the accuracy of Edmund’s data vs. the dealership’s invoice data. (See my other response.)

·
Registered
2016 Outback
91 Posts
OK, if you are still in upstate New York (I went to school in Ithaca, beautiful area!) I have another option for you possibly :) Not sure if the savings would be worth the drive, but you will only know after you shoot them an email or make a phone call. But worth the minute it takes to do either! Contact THIS GUY below. Tell him you have his name from the ASCENT FORUM and Robert Mauro (that's not me, but also unimportant. Robert is a Subaru Ambassador and one of the main moderators of the forum and has arranged this relationship based on his purchases from the dealership).

-Dan Meola

Liberty Subaru | Like us on FaceBook | Email: [email protected] | 55 Kinderkamack Rd | Emerson, NJ 07630 | 201-261-0900 x102

"My name is Dan Meola. I am a sales manager here at Liberty Subaru. I have been with Liberty for 8 years now. I have been a Subaru fanatic for a little over 10 years now and have seen the passion and love that you all have for this brand. Just like you, I am a car enthusiast. I love all makes and models, but my true love and passion resides with Subaru- obviously:). I am truly fortunate to work for such a great brand that I love and stand behind.

I want to share the love with all of you now…. Pun intended :LOL:

Here is my offer EXCLUSIVE TO YOU!

Due to NJ state legalities I cannot reference specifics of invoice or how far below/above one may be, for this information you must message me privately.
However, If and when any of you purchase a vehicle from me, through this program, you are more than welcome to post that information on the forum!

AscentForums Employee Price Program

• You will get ANY car at the price our employees (including myself) would pay. At this price, you are heavily below what any dealer or third party program may provide.
  • You will get a discount on vehicle accessories. The discount price will range anywhere between 15% and 20%. I will not charge labor for install on these items either.
  • You will get employee pricing on warranties.
  • You will get above book value on your trade in. This is contingent on condition of your vehicle. If the vehicle is up to par as far as Carfax, paint, maintenance, tires, ding/dents, check engine lights, modifications, etc… I will do everything in my power to give you above what book value on the car is. I use GALVES to figure what my vehicle trade in values are.
For a dealer to beat these prices, they would have to take a loss on the new car. That is how little I am leaving on the table. So, this should be an unbeatable price, one would think…. Well, if you get a legitimate price lower than mine, from any dealer in the area, I will beat it by $400. I am determined to do what ever is needed to ensure this program works for everyone!"

Good Luck! :)
Thank you for the suggestion. This is about 4.5 hours from my house...I’ll send the email and see what they have to say, but it’s starting to get a bit far away...my last two new car purchases had some issues that were not discovered until post-sale so I’m a little concerned about purchasing so far away, it’s not like I can pop in for follow up if I find there’s a problem.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion. This is about 4.5 hours from my house...I’ll send the email and see what they have to say, but it’s starting to get a bit far away...my last two new car purchases had some issues that were not discovered until post-sale so I’m a little concerned about purchasing so far away, it’s not like I can pop in for follow up if I find there’s a problem.

You can service your new Subaru AT ANY Subaru dealership. I bought mine in Chicago and drove it home to Arizona! So if you bought the Subaru in NJ, and had an issue a week later, you would just take it for service it at the dealership you normally go to that is closest to where you live :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
And as a current or former Subaru owner, you can call SOA for a Subaru Loyalty certificate, usually good for another $500 off. :)

·
Registered
2016 Outback
91 Posts
You can service your new Subaru AT ANY Subaru dealership. I bought mine in Chicago and drove it home to Arizona! So if you bought the Subaru in NJ, and had an issue a week later, you would just take it for service it at the dealership you normally go to that is closest to where you live :)
Yes, I understand. Both cases were issues with dealer specific installations and service work.

But thank you, I’ll definitely consider it if the price is compelling.

·
Premium Member
2018 328d Wagon / 2018 3.6R Touring
706 Posts
I can get pricing on the Costco site, at least confirming the 2020 Xt Touring is there. I'm wondering if anyone knows what dealership(s) are used in eastern MA? I'm not a Costco member and the only reason I'd spring for as membership would be if the car pricing is worth it. I know that Subaru of New England tends to do whatever it wants to with pricing etc. I have a local dealer that quoted me a price of about 2k off a 42k configuration.
Outback.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking to purchase my first Outback. This is the deal I am currently being offered. Please let me know your thoughts.

2020 Touring Outback
MSRP $39,519
Additional $1,500 off
Trade In $4,500 (2008 RAV4 with 145k miles) will be able to drive until the Outback is delivered

Price before TT&L $33,519
w/ TT&L about $36k (don't have the figures right in front of me.)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited Green
223 Posts
Looking to purchase my first Outback. This is the deal I am currently being offered. Please let me know your thoughts.

2020 Touring Outback
MSRP $39,519
Additional $1,500 off
Trade In $4,500 (2008 RAV4 with 145k miles) will be able to drive until the Outback is delivered

Price before TT&L $33,519
w/ TT&L about $36k (don't have the figures right in front of me.)
Use edmunds to build the car and get the invoice price for this vehicle. Compare your dealer price before trade-in and TTL to the invoice. You should aim for at least 2% below invoice.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I can get pricing on the Costco site, at least confirming the 2020 Xt Touring is there. I'm wondering if anyone knows what dealership(s) are used in eastern MA? I'm not a Costco member and the only reason I'd spring for as membership would be if the car pricing is worth it. I know that Subaru of New England tends to do whatever it wants to with pricing etc. I have a local dealer that quoted me a price of about 2k off a 42k configuration. View attachment 469774
I'm not sure why, but some of those accessory prices seem VERY inflated, according to what I have seen pricing the vehicle out myself a number of times. Not sure why that would be. Maybe because some items are being dealer-installed - in which case they added on labor? (some items can be installed at the factory/"port" so there would be no reason to pay additional Labor & some things you can just do yourself, that require no skill at all) But you should double & triple check that pricing.

·
Premium Member
2018 328d Wagon / 2018 3.6R Touring
706 Posts
I'm not sure why, but some of those accessory prices seem VERY inflated, according to what I have seen pricing the vehicle out myself a number of times. Not sure why that would be. Maybe because some items are being dealer-installed - in which case they added on labor? (some items can be installed at the factory/"port" so there would be no reason to pay additional Labor & some things you can just do yourself, that require no skill at all) But you should double & triple check that pricing.
That screenshot came straight from Subaru's configuration site. Edmunds lists different prices.

·
Registered
233 Posts
And as a current or former Subaru owner, you can call SOA for a Subaru Loyalty certificate, usually good for another $500 off. :)
So do they provide the loyalty certificate and I take to the dealer? Just wondering what happens after I call SOA, which I will do for $500 toward my 2020 Subie #2

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm guessing I can't stack that with a Ambassador Cert?
Go to the Ascent Forum and ask Robert Mauro. He is a Subaru Ambassador/ Super Moderator there and very involved and would know the answer to your question. I suppose you could also call SOA and they would probably know or be able to find out for you as well.

41 - 60 of 1938 Posts