Subaru Outback Forums banner

1641 - 1660 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone confirmed whether the $750 Chase coupon that when issued was valid only through March has in fact been extended through the end of May? I saw that somewhere but wondering if it’s an Internet forum version of an urban legend....

Asking because my read of the fine print on the emails I have is that the Chase coupon should stack with the $500 loyalty and $500 car show coupons I have. Only the $1,000 build coupon Has language that prevents stacking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased an Onyx XT. I got a Costco quote but the nearest Costco participating dealer was an hour away even though I had 2 Subaru dealers within 10 miles of me. I also got a TrueCar quote from my nearest local dealer (1.5 miles from me). It was very close to the Costco price. I went with the local dealer over driving an hour.
Lucky!
I don't want to make the drive to Grand 6 hours away so I asked my local dealer what they can do (they were originally abut 3000 more than Grand's). They said they can't match Grand's because they are in a "different zone". They ended up offering another 500 dollar discount.

Now I'm left wondering what this means behind the obvious geographical difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Lucky!
I don't want to make the drive to Grand 6 hours away so I asked my local dealer what they can do (they were originally abut 3000 more than Grand's). They said they can't match Grand's because they are in a "different zone". They ended up offering another 500 dollar discount.

Now I'm left wondering what this means behind the obvious geographical difference.
Try Berman. They quoted me lower than Grand on a Limited 2.5. Might be worth the drive.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
55 Posts
If Grands pricing is that much better consider travel/transport. My Outback just left Grand today for transport from Chicago to Orlando. In the end I saved nearly $2k after out the door including transport of the new car and trade when compared to local dealers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone confirmed whether the $750 Chase coupon that when issued was valid only through March has in fact been extended through the end of May? I saw that somewhere but wondering if it’s an Internet forum version of an urban legend....

Asking because my read of the fine print on the emails I have is that the Chase coupon should stack with the $500 loyalty and $500 car show coupons I have. Only the $1,000 build coupon Has language that prevents stacking.
How did you get your Chase coupon? Is it possible to still get one?

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,791 Posts
W

What were the 4 coupons? And which dealer? And how did you get confirmation from Subaru that you can stack the $1,000 build coupon?
I did not have a $1,000 build coupon.
Here are the ones I used:
  • $500 loyalty
  • $500 emailed to me after playing around on the website (I think)
  • $500 auto show
  • $750 Chase
Total: $2,250.
The dealer did not like one of them, but accepted it after I showed confirmation from Subaru. I had emailed SoA with the coupon info and they responded that it's ok to stack them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Arrived home after driving my new Outback about 125 miles from dealer. I am one of the "few" who purchased a "base" model, frankly I can't believe what comes with the base, especially the technology/eyesight/phone stuff. I own a 2013 and this rides/handles better. Very happy to have purchased this vehicle for $24,100 tax/license/regis everything included out the door. Now I have to learn how to use everything. Thx to this forum for all the "dollar saving" info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Having trouble getting a build and chase coupon. Are they personalized? Possible someone could send one to me if not? Unfortunately don’t see a PM option on this forum...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Having trouble getting a build and chase coupon. Are they personalized? Possible someone could send one to me if not? Unfortunately don’t see a PM option on this forum...
I am in New England and never succeeded in getting a coupon from Subaru until I changed my location to Maryland. So try changing your location to a different zip code.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in New England and never succeeded in getting a coupon from Subaru until I changed my location to Maryland. So try changing your location to a different zip code.
What was the zip you used for Maryland? I actually live there and have been waiting about 30 hours for the coupon to arrive!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Arrived home after driving my new Outback about 125 miles from dealer. I am one of the "few" who purchased a "base" model, frankly I can't believe what comes with the base, especially the technology/eyesight/phone stuff. I own a 2013 and this rides/handles better. Very happy to have purchased this vehicle for $24,100 tax/license/regis everything included out the door. Now I have to learn how to use everything. Thx to this forum for all the "dollar saving" info.
I agree...the base model has a ton of really nice options. The only reason I went with the Premium is the power driver seat. I have a bad back, so I adjust my seat all the time when I’m driving. Congrats on the great deal!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
157 Posts
My $1,000 build coupon had a very long serial number on to give to dealer, so I presume it is personalized.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is good stuff. Thanks all.

I did the build on Subaru and did you receive the 1000 immediately in your email? Is it region specific?

I also have an Ascent financed through Chase, kind of peeved I didn’t get it. Possible to get it still? If so, how?

·
Registered
60 Posts
My $1,000 build coupon had a very long serial number on to give to dealer, so I presume it is personalized.
Coupons from Subaru are personalized because the dealer is made aware that you have the coupon. They can then call you and tell you not to miss out on a deal by using your coupon.

At least that is what happened to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is anyone concerned with the used car values tanking lately? I want to buy a new Subaru Outback, however, worried about the value decreasing and them no longer holding their value. I have a 2017 limited with 38k miles currently and dealers are offering $13k, I owe $22k. Thoughts?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The dealer's goal is to make money, so they wont give you top dollar for the car and still be able to make a nice profit.

Sell it on your own.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
669 Posts
Is anyone concerned with the used car values tanking lately? I want to buy a new Subaru Outback, however, worried about the value decreasing and them no longer holding their value. I have a 2017 limited with 38k miles currently and dealers are offering $13k, I owe $22k. Thoughts?
No offense, but if your purchasing cars every 3 years and buying new each time, worrying about value seems misplaced. My thought is keep your low mileage same utility vehicle and enjoy the extra money in your pocket after you have it paid off.

Signed,
the guy with 47 payments to go and 4x that time frame in future enjoyment

1641 - 1660 of 1767 Posts