Subaru Outback Forums banner

1661 - 1680 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is anyone concerned with the used car values tanking lately? I want to buy a new Subaru Outback, however, worried about the value decreasing and them no longer holding their value. I have a 2017 limited with 38k miles currently and dealers are offering $13k, I owe $22k. Thoughts?
I looked at late model used Subaru Outbacks for over a month straight before deciding to purchase new. A 2017 limited with 38k miles would have easily listed for $20k+. So I agree with the other response - you will get way more than $13k if you sell it yourself. Not sure if you’ll be able to get the full $22k back. What is Kelly Blue Book value? FYI - I live in Denver and heard from 2 different dealers that they sold a ton of cars on Saturday, so there is probably some pent-up demand right now. Could be as good of time as any to list it.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
157 Posts
Is anyone concerned with the used car values tanking lately? I want to buy a new Subaru Outback, however, worried about the value decreasing and them no longer holding their value. I have a 2017 limited with 38k miles currently and dealers are offering $13k, I owe $22k. Thoughts?
Sure, but you can't do anything about it so worrying about it doesn't do any good. It's a decent time to be buying a car now, but not so great if you're selling one. Values on used cars may bounce up again in the future, but right now they are being impacted by COVID, just like everything else.

You could try selling it yourself, but probably still not going to cover the $22K you owe on it at this point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, Working on a lease deal in NJ for a Limited XT, capital cost $36,200, Money Factor .0008, Residual 61%, $350 month out the door. I am thinking this is a good deal. Just would like to confirm before I pull the trigger. Thank you.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
157 Posts
Hi, Working on a lease deal in NJ for a Limited XT, capital cost $36,200, Money Factor .0008, Residual 61%, $350 month out the door. I am thinking this is a good deal. Just would like to confirm before I pull the trigger. Thank you.
That include any money down? How many miles per year?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited
157 Posts
Duh, I guess that would be helpful. Trading my 2008 Infiniti Ex35 and getting $3175 for it. 12,000 miles. Thanks.
To me that sounds pretty good, the money factor seems decent and all things considered I'd probably do it. :) There are some dedicated sites too for getting good lease advice. Not sure I am allowed to post the URL here, but it involves leases and hacking....

·
Registered
6 Posts
To me that sounds pretty good, the money factor seems decent and all things considered I'd probably do it. :) There are some dedicated sites too for getting good lease advice. Not sure I am allowed to post the URL here, but it involves leases and hacking....
Thank you for the feedback. I am probably going to do it. They are reserving one for me. Due to be in 5/26. The XTs don't last long on the lots with the dealers near me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We leased the same car and put down around the same amount with a trade-in. Our lease is for 15,000 miles and is roughly $370. Seems like your lower mileage lease would be comparable.
Thanks Karen, yes that sounds pretty comparable. How do you like it so far? What color did you get? I am getting a magnetite gray with grey interior. I would have preferred the green but none around.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring
85 Posts
I had a 2015 outback limited 78 k miles and got 13k from Carmax, dealer only offered 12k

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback
6 Posts
Hey there. Been a long while since I've posted on here. We went to test drive the new XT Touring. We currently have an '18 Touring 3.6, and wanted to compare the turbo 4 to the 6. Long story short, we came home with a Magnetite Grey Touring XT. They offered us a deal we couldn't refuse with nothing out of pocket. 3.6 had 26K miles, so nearing that 30K service and soon needing tires. Living in FL, having ventilated seats was a big sales feature.
MSRP $42,095
Sales price before tax, tag and title $36.8K

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey there. Been a long while since I've posted on here. We went to test drive the new XT Touring. We currently have an '18 Touring 3.6, and wanted to compare the turbo 4 to the 6. Long story short, we came home with a Magnetite Grey Touring XT. They offered us a deal we couldn't refuse with nothing out of pocket. 3.6 had 26K miles, so nearing that 30K service and soon needing tires. Living in FL, having ventilated seats was a big sales feature.
MSRP $42,095
Ruby, sounds like you got a really good sales price! Mine is a Limited and I will be paying $36,200. And I was dealing pretty hard. $800 dollar difference for the Touring seems like a great deal.

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback
6 Posts
Thanks NJ! We felt good after leaving the dealership. Also, this was the least painful car buying experience ever! Arrived for the test drive around 6:45 and was home before 9:00 with the new car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks NJ! We felt good after leaving the dealership. Also, this was the least painful car buying experience ever! Arrived for the test drive around 6:45 and was home before 9:00 with the new car!
Nice to hear you had a great experience. Actually, it was only a $600 difference! I got it wrong the first time. I am anxious for mine to be delivered. Should be at the dealership 5/26. Will see.

·
Registered
19 Posts
MSRP $42,095
Ruby, where in FL? That is way cheaper than I've found for a Touring XT-been looking from Miami up to Tampa and Orlando.

Mind posting details--fees, coupons, etc. Did you trade the 18 too?

·
Registered
19 Posts
MSRP $42,095
That is a good price. I'm picking the same car up from Grand in Chicago tomorrow afternoon. Sale price $36,174, plus some options (hitch, door edge guards, etc.), means out the door price $36,970. Temp tags and docs $350 (out of state purchase). $1000 Subaru build coupon. So, total out the door cost is $36,320.

Will see what they offer me for the extended warranty. The turbo and the tech have me worried about down the road costs, and the factory warranty isn't very long. A neighbor replaced the turbo on his Forester twice in ten years.

Did you opt for the StarLink? I'm wondering if I can get the StarLink and the wifi set up before I head back on the five hour drive home.

Cybaru

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was able to stack 4 coupons for a total of $2,250. The dealer was going to reject one of them, but I had confirmation from Subaru by email that I can stack all 4.
Could it be that dealers officially reject a coupon and then still apply it without the customer knowing?
Which dealer? And will you please share screen shot of the subaru email so that the rest of us can show proof?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lurker here for the past month. Thanks to everyone for sharing prices and coupons! I was able to save about $1000 because of this forum. Thank you!

Local:
Subaru Outback Limited (Black w/ Ivory)
-Nav/Moonroof
-PP#2
-Wireless charger

MSRP $37599
Selling price $31281
Doc Fee $799 (ugh!!!)
Coupons: $1500
Final: 30580 w/ 0% for 63 months

They wouldn't let me stack the $1000 coupon with anything else so I had to the Trade Show, Military/Veteran, and Loyalty coupon (only got the $500). I was really hoping for $2500 in coupons!

I am pretty happy with the deal but was surprised with the push for the business team on all the extras. Purchased in Northern VA.

·
Registered
'20 Outback Limited XT
41 Posts
Thanks Karen, yes that sounds pretty comparable. How do you like it so far? What color did you get? I am getting a magnetite gray with grey interior. I would have preferred the green but none around.
Take a peak at my avatar!! ;)
It's our 5th Outback and we are very happy with it. Enjoy yours in good health!

1661 - 1680 of 1767 Posts