Subaru Outback Forums banner

1681 - 1700 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is a good price. I'm picking the same car up from Grand in Chicago tomorrow afternoon. Sale price $36,174, plus some options (hitch, door edge guards, etc.), means out the door price $36,970. Temp tags and docs $350 (out of state purchase). $1000 Subaru build coupon. So, total out the door cost is $36,320.

Will see what they offer me for the extended warranty. The turbo and the tech have me worried about down the road costs, and the factory warranty isn't very long. A neighbor replaced the turbo on his Forester twice in ten years.

Did you opt for the StarLink? I'm wondering if I can get the StarLink and the wifi set up before I head back on the five hour drive home.

Cybaru
I got starlink and extended warranty as well (also Chicago area). It’s a static $375 for 7 years of star link and they sold me
10/100/0 warranty for $2050. Seeing what others paid here after the out of state benefit was closed it was a good deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I paid 1600 w/0 did.
Did you get it from that dealer that everyone was getting around $1600 offers from?

I contacted him based on info in this thread and he said he wasn’t allowed to sell warranties out of region anymore. Other dealers complained seems like.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up my new to me 2019 CPO 3.6r Limited yesterday. In finance the guy offered me the 7/100/100 warranty for around $1875. Told him my "friend" jb8499 got it at the end of November for $695 in Kentucky and that I'll just call that dealer and get it from them. He countered with $1000! Wild times in the finance office.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,791 Posts
Which dealer? And will you please share screen shot of the subaru email so that the rest of us can show proof?
The emails would not help you, they were specific to my coupons, with the coupon code included, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The emails would not help you, they were specific to my coupons, with the coupon code included, if I remember correctly.
I know they or specifically for your deal and would not be accepted for anything else. However, it would still give me peace of mind to see it. I would still like to see proof that someone from Subaru actually agreed to disregard the fine print agreeing to stack them.
I would be so grateful if you would respond with the following information:
Was it from someone’s individual work email?
or just a generic email address from Subaru of America?
Which dealership did you work with?

·
Registered
2016 2.5i
1,791 Posts
I know they or specifically for your deal and would not be accepted for anything else. However, it would still give me peace of mind to see it. I would still like to see proof that someone from Subaru actually agreed to disregard the fine print agreeing to stack them.
I would be so grateful if you would respond with the following information:
Was it from someone’s individual work email?
or just a generic email address from Subaru of America?
Which dealership did you work with?
The coupons I had did not have fine print disallowing stacking. It sounds like that has changed. I just got confirmation from Subaru that they can indeed be stacked.
I had contacted Subaru customer service through their website.
Here is a copy and paste of one of the two emails I got back:
Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to contact us.

You are able to combine the Owner loyalty incentive, Auto Show, and Retailer coupons together for both a purchase or lease of a new untitled Subaru.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.
Sincerely,. ....

The other email that I took to the dealer with me was just a confirmation that the Chase coupon ($750) can be combined with any other offer, unless the other offer prohibits it.
Edit: this is copied and pasted from my $750 Chase Coupon: May be combined with any other Subaru promotional offer unless specifically prohibited by that offer.
The other email proof I had taken to the dealer actually was proof that my $500 email coupon had been extended by 30 days, it had otherwise expired at the day of delivery of my factory order.

Hope this helps. I won't post email screen shots with customer service rep names from Subaru.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The coupons I had did not have fine print disallowing stacking. It sounds like that has changed. I just got confirmation from Subaru that they can indeed be stacked.
I had contacted Subaru customer service through their website.
Here is a copy and paste of one of the two emails I got back:
Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to contact us.

You are able to combine the Owner loyalty incentive, Auto Show, and Retailer coupons together for both a purchase or lease of a new untitled Subaru.

Thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance.
Sincerely,. ....

The other email that I took to the dealer with me was just a confirmation that the Chase coupon ($750) can be combined with any other offer, unless the other offer prohibits it.
Edit: this is copied and pasted from my $750 Chase Coupon: May be combined with any other Subaru promotional offer unless specifically prohibited by that offer.
The other email proof I had taken to the dealer actually was proof that my $500 email coupon had been extended by 30 days, it had otherwise expired at the day of delivery of my factory order.

Hope this helps. I won't post email screen shots with customer service rep names from Subaru.
Very helpful information. Thank you very much. What dealership did you purchase at?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Has anyone else gotten a quote from Grand in the past few days? I am seeing that they are quoting $1000-1500 more on some XT models.
Just wondering if this is consistent with others or if they are playing games with me trying to push me into a decision since I have been shopping for quite some time now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone else gotten a quote from Grand in the past few days? I am seeing that they are quoting $1000-1500 more on some XT models.
Just wondering if this is consistent with others or if they are playing games with me trying to push me into a decision since I have been shopping for quite some time now.
XT, and Outback inventory in general seems to be pretty thin right now
This might have some pressure on their pricing in the short term...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Two weeks ago one of the dealerships near me ran out of Outbacks completely. Others inventory went down by half by the time I took delivery. The plant was shut down and no Outbacks left production line in over a month. They reopened the plant on the 18th so expect new inventory to start rolling in in the coming weeks. HOWEVER there are concerns regarding quality since the plant workers will be socially distanced and it will affect the assembly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seeing the same with Grand—priced aTouring XT at $36,174 in late March, now $36,985, MSRP on both 41,5xx. Maybe it’s because the 0% financing is included? (Some are reporting a 750-1000 price drop for cash)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
29 Posts
Pent up demand + inventory that hasn't been replenished in a month = increasing prices. Even still, I would expect most prices to be below normal still. I just got a email from Costco Auto saying there's a new $1000 manufacturer to dealer rebate- although I suspect that's the cash financing discount.

·
Registered
13 Posts
New member, and very happy owner of 2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT in Abyss Blue Pearl.

MSRP: $41,559.00
Used $1000 coupon.
Sales price: $35,684.00 + hitch + wireless charger ($963.85) = $36,674.85 before tax and tags

The BIG bonus was that I received a $2000 trade-in for my 2007 Infiniti G35x that had been hit twice, leaks from the roof, and also had a dead battery (needed a jump box to start it), an obviously rusted out rear door driver's side door, and a very long list of other serious cosmetic issues. No one would have paid $2000 for it.

I loved the G35x: it ran like it would never die, handled like a dream and stopped on a dime.

But now I'm an old dude with a daughter, and I love the relative quiet and comfort of the new XT. And it's gonna be a heckuva lot easier to load up my boats or canoe.(y)

---
I received the $1000 factory coupon for an Outback or Ascent via email shortly after having registered at subaru.com. So if you know anyone shopping, tell them to register!

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
328 Posts
Pent up demand + inventory that hasn't been replenished in a month = increasing prices. Even still, I would expect most prices to be below normal still. I just got a email from Costco Auto saying there's a new $1000 manufacturer to dealer rebate- although I suspect that's the cash financing discount.
NightHawkIX:
I think it really is a manufacturer to dealer rebate. Here's my view. Numerous dealers have offered me pricing recently with discounts from invoice of $2,000 to $2,500 for a 2020 Outback Limited XT. Based on several personal reasons and the available discounts from invoice I decided this past week to purchase my third Outback (previous MY's were 2011 & 2018) and for the first time in about 20+ years I decided to trade the 2018 rather than sell it myself. One of my big reasons for trading the 2018 was the Hertz bankruptcy and the potential for a crash in used car values. Thus I decided to present a purchase offer to one of the Subaru dealers in my home area. My offer was for an Outback in the dealer's inventory. I offered a $2,500 discount from invoice which was really a $2,201 discount after adding back a $299 dealer processing fee. I used the Subaru Guaranteed Trade-In value of $23,700 for my 2018 Outback. Obviously, sales tax and tag & title fees were added to the selling price and I took advantage of the Subaru of American coupon good for a $1,000 discount along with 0% 63 month financing for the Out the Door total. Since Maryland only charges sales tax on the difference dollars the $23,700 was really worth $25,122 to me when compared to my selling the old vehicle as I normally do. The dealer immediately accepted my offer.

I am very happy with the new Outback and am glad that I bought it now. Moral of this story: Don't worry about your Subaru dealer. Today I found my 2018 on their lot as a Certified Pre-Owned Subaru Outback for the low, low price of $29,488.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK, folks. Have now had the Touring XT for a couple days, and it is excellent. Drove it back from Grand on Friday. I previously had a very base level Camry (CarMax gave me what I felt was a very high quote, no questions asked), so the technology learning curve has been steep. That said, almost everything that is truly annoying can be ignored and/or turned off. Here is a breakdown of my purchase:

Grand Subaru:
Subaru Outback Touring XT - Magnetite Gray - Popular Package #2, Body Side Moldings
MSRP - $41,851
Invoice - $38,762
Sale Price - $36,174
Hitch and cargo nets/cover - $618
Purchase Price - $36,792
8Yr/120K Gold Plus Ext War - $2,195
Illinois Temp Tags - $50
Doc Fee - $300
Subaru of America Discount - ($1,000)
Total out the door price - $38,337

I agreed to purchase the car a few weeks ago, and put down a deposit to hold it while I waited to refinance my mortgage. I don't know what they are quoting now. The process was as easy as could be, as I had already agreed to the price when I showed up. I had already decided that I wanted the extended warranty if they gave me a decent price, so that was the only item left to decide. I did a final drive and walk around before I signed to papers (made sure the hitch install was clean, thanks to some friendly tips from fellow forum members), got my phone paired, set up wifi and starlink, and took off.

I initially worked with Sandy Cuttone, but I never met her face to face. She is the internet sales manager. When I got to the dealership, I worked with Afiza. She was great, but I think she was working a few deals at once, so we waited around more than I had expected (Memorial Day weekend is busy). The worst part was wearing a mask the whole time.

The car has been great, and as mentioned above, I am getting used to the technology. The Rear Auto Breaking does not like my new hitch mounted bike rack, but I quickly figured out how to disable it. That was a heart thumping moment, and it happened right in front of my neighbors!

So happy to be a member of the Subaru cult!

Cybaru

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just purchased 2020 Onyx XT, MSRP 37,750, paid 33,000, including 1,000 Subaru coupon, also 0% financing on 15k.

Thoughts about the process:

I hate buying a car/dealing with dealerships, forgot how bad it is

Thanks forum for the $1,000 coupon! Would of had no idea. I live in New England, had to check prices with Dallas dealership and zip code to extract coupon from Subaru. Took 48 hours?

Unfortunately had high value trade (Mini Cooper with 8k miles). I believe the current car sales situation is like real estate- in a down market you get a good deal on your purchase, but a bad deal on your sale. I’m assuming the Kelly valuations from the web have some lag time, and are pre-Covid, and someone mentioned the effect of the Hertz bankruptcy. Felt like I got a reasonable deal on my trade given above, plus the hassle of a private sale now, and the sales tax discount when selling to dealership.

In my area inventory seems low, especially Onyx and XT models. I’m also picky on color; wanted green, but none available in my state. Grey was a close second; two of these in metro Boston. One had about $1,000 worth of plastic accessories added, including body side molding (which I don’t think is that effective, and looks bad, in my opinion), went with the other guy. Only accessories were moonroof, nav, and reverse protection. Would normally not cared about nav, but wanted Startek with remote start, for winter mornings.

I originally was looking at BMW’s, X3 and X1. Bizarrely, had a terrible time getting someone to sell me a car! No callbacks, I’d call them, no return call. Unfortunately for them I had time to cool off and do more research, came around to the Outback. I’m a lucky guy, and can afford what I want, but the Subaru feels right for the times. Haven’t seen it mentioned here, but a very comparable car is the Audi A6 Allroad (too fancy, and 30k more).

Day 3, very happy with my purchase ! Thanks again to all on the forum for your time and wisdom

1681 - 1700 of 1767 Posts