Subaru Outback Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 2003 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
742 Posts
I thought someone said they stopped them for now. Lower inventory and all.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,250 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2020 limited with moon roof package and #2 $34,170

2020 Onyx XT $35840 same packages. These are in VA so 4.15% tax, 75 tags, and 499 doc fee Is included in these quotes as OTD price quotes.

Seems fair to me.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT. Her name is Lola.
25 Posts
2020 limited with moon roof package and #2 $34,170

2020 Onyx XT $35840 same packages. These are in VA so 4.15% tax, 75 tags, and 499 doc fee Is included in these quotes as OTD price quotes.

Seems fair to me.
Wow...I like those numbers. I’m looking at the Onyx XT with Moonroof and #2, and audio upgrade for
35,490 +
2,217.66 (Florida tax 6%, I believe)+
41.59 (taxable fee)+
450 (non tax fee)+
586.20 (dealer fee)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow...I like those numbers. I’m looking at the Onyx XT with Moonroof and #2, and audio upgrade for
35,490 +
2,217.66 (Florida tax 6%, I believe)+
41.59 (taxable fee)+
450 (non tax fee)+
586.20 (dealer fee)
Yeah. I sent Out quote request to multiple dealers and started whittling them down. This seems to be as low as I can go. I had another dealer that would match the limited and said he would throw in gap insurance if I would buy it from him but then tried to get me for an extra percent on financing. He pushed the Subaru 72 month but said it was 1.9%. Well Subaru says that is .9%. When I called him out on it he quit talking to me. Lol. I need to make a decision by tomorrow which one to go with but I am leaning hard towards the Onyx.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah. I sent Out quote request to multiple dealers and started whittling them down. This seems to be as low as I can go. I had another dealer that would match the limited and said he would throw in gap insurance if I would buy it from him but then tried to get me for an extra percent on financing. He pushed the Subaru 72 month but said it was 1.9%. Well Subaru says that is .9%. When I called him out on it he quit talking to me. Lol. I need to make a decision by tomorrow which one to go with but I am leaning hard towards the Onyx.
I would definitely go with Onyx. The turbo engine is worth the $1500 difference (based on your quotes).

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
334 Posts
I seem to have not any luck getting a build coupon. I understand you need to make a build on the Subaru of America web site and send it to a dealer. Apparently the marketing people randomly select some of the people who make the builds. In order to increase my chances, I have submitted at least 120 builds to dealers around the country. So far no luck. Either Subaru is not doing many builds or I am very unlucky. Perhaps I am missing something.
russellpat: Based on my experience you may have missed the opportunity to purchase a 2020 Outback at a greatly reduced price. I received several Subaru "Trade Up Advantage" e-mails from a dealer in my area. The first one in May offered me a discount from invoice of $2,460 on a new Outback XT and offered me the Subaru guaranteed trade-in amount for my 2018 Outback. After sending out several Subaru website "build" requests in an effort to get the $1,000 coupon from Subaru (which I did not get) I called Subaru reminding them that I had purchased 3 Subaru's in the past 9 years and had all my service performed at a Subaru dealer. Based on that info Subaru sent me a $1,000 loyalty certificate. The $1,000 certificate plus the $2,460 discount from invoice and the 0% financing persuaded me to purchase my 2020 Outback in May. Last week I received another "Trade Up Advantage" e-mail from another local dealer and the discount from invoice went from $2,460 down to a mere $1,000 (on a Touring). This suggests to me that Subaru has discontinued the dealer incentive that was in place in May.
Based on this situation my recommendation to you would be to wait until September or October to purchase a 2021 model year Outback. I am guessing that by then Subaru will again provide 0% financing. Having said that it's anybody's guess as to the discounts from invoice that will be available at that time. My personal plea to Subaru is to stop the dreaded "stop-start" function from re-setting each time the engine is turned off. For me that alone would be worth waiting for the 2021 model.
My $0.02.
Fred Meloan

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,250 Posts
russellpat: Based on my experience you may have missed the opportunity to purchase a 2020 Outback at a greatly reduced price. I received several Subaru "Trade Up Advantage" e-mails from a dealer in my area. The first one in May offered me a discount from invoice of $2,460 on a new Outback XT and offered me the Subaru guaranteed trade-in amount for my 2018 Outback. After sending out several Subaru website "build" requests in an effort to get the $1,000 coupon from Subaru (which I did not get) I called Subaru reminding them that I had purchased 3 Subaru's in the past 9 years and had all my service performed at a Subaru dealer. Based on that info Subaru sent me a $1,000 loyalty certificate. The $1,000 certificate plus the $2,460 discount from invoice and the 0% financing persuaded me to purchase my 2020 Outback in May. Last week I received another "Trade Up Advantage" e-mail from another local dealer and the discount from invoice went from $2,460 down to a mere $1,000 (on a Touring). This suggests to me that Subaru has discontinued the dealer incentive that was in place in May.
Based on this situation my recommendation to you would be to wait until September or October to purchase a 2021 model year Outback. I am guessing that by then Subaru will again provide 0% financing. Having said that it's anybody's guess as to the discounts from invoice that will be available at that time. My personal plea to Subaru is to stop the dreaded "stop-start" function from re-setting each time the engine is turned off. For me that alone would be worth waiting for the 2021 model.
My $0.02.
Fred Meloan
Thank you. I got a trade-up offer which started my search. I got a decent discount from my preferred dealer. I was hoping to get a $1,000 build coupon to add to my $500 loyalty coupon and take advantage of the 0 percent financing. I may still do so even without the build coupon. If not I am going to wait until I know about the 2021 OB. By the way, a 2020 touring in Abyss blue is harder to find than I thought. I have found some extreme deals from Chicago area dealers if I am willing to travel.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
334 Posts
russellpat:

Check the Annapolis Subaru website. They have an incoming Abyss Blue Touring with MSRP $39,209 which means it has Popular Package #2.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
russellpat:

Check the Annapolis Subaru website. They have an incoming Abyss Blue Touring with MSRP $39,209 which means it has Popular Package #2.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Picking this up on Monday, 6/22/20:

2020 Outback Premium
BSD w/RCTA & Keyless Access & Push Button Start
Popular Package #1

MSRP $32,248.00
Dealer Discount $(4,242.00)
Dealer Fee $300.00
IL Temp Registration $50.00
Rebate $(1,000.00) emailed coupon after build on Subaru website
Rebate $(1,000.00) Subaru to Dealer incentive if buyer doesn't take 0.0% financing
TOTAL $26,356.00 (18.4% off MSRP, excluding taxes and registration fees)

I'll owe my state & local governments about $2,136 when I register the vehicle in my home state.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been lurking on subaruoutback.org for almost a year now. My thanks to all the members who posted here and helped me with the research to find a good deal (and all the coupons). See post 1871.

I wanted to get one of the last of the 2019's last Fall. But I needed to sell my 2018 Chevy Colorado first. I couldn't take the hit of trading it in (low ball offers from dealers), so i decided to sell it myself. Unfortunately, the 2019 Outbacks were gone by then.

I agreed to buy my 2020 Outback in March. It was supposed to deliver in early April. Then COVID-19 hit.

I had coupons for $1,000 (build from Subaru website), $750 (existing Chase customers), and $500 (auto show). The expiration dates for these coupons changed multiple times, and there was much confusion from Subaru customer service about revised expiration dates. Also confusion from them and misinformation about the ability to stack any of these.

It looks like I'll end up using only the $1,000 (website build) coupon. I don't understand how others are getting the auto show coupon to stack with it. Subaru customer service hasn't responded to my inquiry yet.

I was able to renegotiate my price at the end of May to take advantage of the $1,000 Subaru to Dealer incentive if buyer doesn't take 0.0% financing.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with this deal. COVID-19 changed my plans for picking up the car, though. Originally, I was planning to fly to pick it up. Now, I'm going to drive. So, I'll have to include a hotel stay in my travel plans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Plan on picking this up tomorrow:

2020 Outback Premium
Option Pack 15 (Moonroof, Blindspot Detection, etc.)
Popular Package #1

MSRP: $34,026
Invoice: $31,416

Hoping to take advantage of the 0% financing for 63 months option.
Anyone know the approximate credit score needed these days to qualify?

Sale Price: $28,516
Subaru of America build coupon: -$500
17.6% off MSRP (20.6% for Cash)

Doc Fee: $85
Tax: $2,717
Non-Tax Fees $462

Out-the-door: $31,280

Best I can tell, that seems like a good price. I'm thinking about the 10yr/100K mi Gold warranty. I asked about the extended warranties and they didn't seem to keen on pushing them though. $1800-2000 seems to be solid price, especially if I can roll it into the 0% financing.

It's not final yet, but how does the quote look? Anything else I should be aware of? Cheers!

I'll let everyone know the final results.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Grand Subaru had been stringing me along since late May. So many delays and broken promises. My $750 coupon from Chase expired because they took so long. They even lied about getting it extended.
I finally got fed up with them and started over with my search. Got a not great quote from Kenosha Subaru in Wisconsin. I replied asking them to match the quote I had from grand. Not only did they match but they beat it by nearly $200.
they were also able to stack my 2 remaining coupons for $1500.

Finally pulled the trigger on this deal this morning. Kenosha was absolutely amazing to work with. They were so responsive and really willing to work with me on this long-distance purchase.
Final numbers:
Subaru Outback Touring XT
41,804 MSRP
5,804 dealer discount
1,500 coupons
34,500 net (pre-tax) price
roughly 17.5%
There are others who have done better than this on this forum but these are solid numbers.

They also just called me back offering me 10yr/100K/0ded for $1800

·
Registered
25 Posts
Grand Subaru had been stringing me along since late May. So many delays and broken promises. My $750 coupon from Chase expired because they took so long. They even lied about getting it extended.
I finally got fed up with them and started over with my search. Got a not great quote from Kenosha Subaru in Wisconsin. I replied asking them to match the quote I had from grand. Not only did they match but they beat it by nearly $200.
they were also able to stack my 2 remaining coupons for $1500.

Finally pulled the trigger on this deal this morning. Kenosha was absolutely amazing to work with. They were so responsive and really willing to work with me on this long-distance purchase.
Final numbers:
Subaru Outback Touring XT
41,804 MSRP
5,804 dealer discount
1,500 coupons
34,500 net (pre-tax) price
roughly 17.5%
There are others who have done better than this on this forum but these are solid numbers.

They also just called me back offering me 10yr/100K/0ded for $1800
Since this will be a more popular car for our family and we will likely put more miles on it I decided to go with 8/120/0 for $2090

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT. Her name is Lola.
25 Posts
I met my new ride day before yesterday. mcotton and her Moon Knight was kind enough to make the long drive over to help me with a solid walk-around and haggle. Deposit has been made, financing approved and RF Upgrade ordered. Here is the deal that I have agreed to for this 2020 Outback Onyx XT:

38,604 MSRP w/Moon roof + Popular Package #2
4,009 Discount
34,595 Adjusted Price
711.95 Rockford Fosgate Audio Upgrade + Dealer Install
35,306.95 Total (Edmunds Invoice: 36,105. Suggested Price: 36,914(I checked last night and that was 36,026))
41.50 Taxable Fees
596.20 Dealer Fee
2,206.68 FL Tax
450. Non Tax Fees
38,601.33 Total

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey friends!!

So I've been negotiating between a few places to find my elusive cinnamon brown outback touring. My best offer right now is 37,600 out the door with a hitch included. Hard to tell with research what others have payed out the door, as fair market prices don't specify that and msrp is clearly a bloated number.

What have real buyers paid??? I dont want to miss out on the 1k coupon and 0% interest for 63 months that ends june 30th, but I also done want to over pay...especially because I wonder if I can get a better deal in aug when 2021s come out.

HELP!! Thank you!

1861 - 1880 of 2003 Posts