Subaru Outback Forums banner

1881 - 1900 of 1939 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited - waiting on 2020 Onyx XT
871 Posts
For those of you in coupon ****. I ordered in Feb, supposed delivery in May, but its coming in July. I had $2000 in coupons. But because the car was late, 1500 of had expired. Called today to get them extended.

$500 car show coupon - not expired.
$500 loyalty - they extended

$1000 for building one on website - expired and they wont extend, but after I take delivery they are mailing me a $1000 check. Because it was they who was late, if it was delivered on time I woulda been able to use it.

In the end. Onyx. Msrp = $37,643 with all options. Agreed price = $30,500. Plus $2000 in coupons/rebate. So effective price $28,500. 24% below MSRP. That was all negotiated before the pandemic, not after, I know you can't touch that now.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
45 Posts
For those of you in coupon ****. I ordered in Feb, supposed delivery in May, but its coming in July. I had $2000 in coupons. But because the car was late, 1500 of had expired. Called today to get them extended.

$1000 for building one on website - expired and they wont extend, but after I take delivery they are mailing me a $1000 check. Because it was they who was late, if it was delivered on time I woulda been able to use it.

In the end. Onyx. Msrp = $37,643 with all options. Agreed price = $30,500. Plus $2000 in coupons/rebate. So effective price $28,500. 24% below MSRP. That was all negotiated before the pandemic, not after, I know you can't touch that now.
That might be the record

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT. Her name is Lola.
17 Posts

I'm touching that, plus about $5,000, day after tomorrow. I look forward to being cradled in StarTex :giggle:

I am a little envious of your prepandemic foresight and your coupons. It's impressive that you reached out to Subaru and made those happen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@at67890 - I haven't seen any in the DFW/OKC area.

Just curious, are the Dallas Auto Show Coupons still available, how do you get them? I've seen them referenced several times, and mentioned they can be found on the forum but my searches aren't showing them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ended up at 34004 on the onyx. My wife changed colors at the end game which had the wireless charger. Included wireless phone charger, #2 and #22. Taxes and title were 1571 and the fee added 499. 36,074 OTD. Sure wish I had been able to make that 30k deal posted above. Wow. I think if I had spent more time on it I could have trimmed more but at the end of the day my wife is happy so that makes me happy. And the dealer was sure enough happy. Lol. MSRP on this one with options was 38,545.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey friends!!

So I've been negotiating between a few places to find my elusive cinnamon brown outback touring. My best offer right now is 37,600 out the door with a hitch included. Hard to tell with research what others have payed out the door, as fair market prices don't specify that and msrp is clearly a bloated number.

What have real buyers paid??? I dont want to miss out on the 1k coupon and 0% interest for 63 months that ends june 30th, but I also done want to over pay...especially because I wonder if I can get a better deal in aug when 2021s come out.

HELP!! Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
There have been about three 2020 Outback Touring for sale in the entire state of Louisiana, so my usual obnoxious bargaining skills did not work very well. I bought a crystal white pearl/java brown Touring with popular package 2 for $37,053 minus the $1,000 SofA coupon=$36,053. Does not include taxes, etc. MSRP supposedly was $39,209. Strictly for fun, I asked Grand Subaru in Chicago for a price. Grand offered the same car--actually, MSRP was $39,501, so I think it had a cladding package or something else minor--for an amazing $34,153 with Subaru 0% financing or $33,403 for a "cash purchase." With the coupon, that would have been a wonderful deal, but I never really had in mind driving to Chicago to pick it up. Subaru of Baton Rouge is delivering the car to my house--I never went into the dealership during the entire experience--tomorrow. I'm using 0% financing with a puny $500 deposit that I used to hold the car. Had to wait about three weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
124 Posts
There have been about three 2020 Outback Touring for sale in the entire state of Louisiana, so my usual obnoxious bargaining skills did not work very well. I bought a crystal white pearl/java brown Touring with popular package 2 for $37,053 minus the $1,000 SofA coupon=$36,053. Does not include taxes, etc. MSRP supposedly was $39,209. Strictly for fun, I asked Grand Subaru in Chicago for a price. Grand offered the same car--actually, MSRP was $39,501, so I think it had a cladding package or something else minor--for an amazing $34,153 with Subaru 0% financing or $33,403 for a "cash purchase." With the coupon, that would have been a wonderful deal, but I never really had in mind driving to Chicago to pick it up. Subaru of Baton Rouge is delivering the car to my house--I never went into the dealership during the entire experience--tomorrow. I'm using 0% financing with a puny $500 deposit that I used to hold the car. Had to wait about three weeks for delivery.
Hope you realize transport may have only been approx $800 so you could have still come out on top buying from Grand.

As inventory continues to be low I’d like to PSA that buying out of state may be worth while to save some additional money. With coupons expiring, saving on the base vehicle cost can help you get a great deal. Doesn’t have to be Grand but many dealers can and will do out of state deals - transport adds some to the price but you would still be financing with Chase in most cases.

Welcome to the crystal white OB club - it’s an absolutely amazing color! I could stare at it for hours when the sun is setting.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
31 Posts
Question: I've been getting really lousy price quotes on a Touring XT so far (even tried Grand), and the inventory of these seems to be drying up quickly. Is anybody getting aggressive quotes on Touring XTs in the Midwest recently?

My local dealer is loaded with Ascent Tourings, which almost has me thinking of looking at one of those as I think I may be able to swing a solid deal on one of those.

·
Registered
2020 ABP Touring XT
19 Posts
Question: I've been getting really lousy price quotes on a Touring XT so far (even tried Grand), and the inventory of these seems to be drying up quickly. Is anybody getting aggressive quotes on Touring XTs in the Midwest recently?

My local dealer is loaded with Ascent Tourings, which almost has me thinking of looking at one of those as I think I may be able to swing a solid deal on one of those.
I, too, have been scrambling to get an ABP Touring XT. I've found a couple deals that slipped out from under me in the last 10 days that's been very frustrating. I've called SOA and talked to multiple dealers, they're all expecting an influx of Outbacks in mid-July. Unfortunately, that means gambling with the 0% financing deal, but I'm afraid my hand has been forced.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ended up at 34004 on the onyx. My wife changed colors at the end game which had the wireless charger. Included wireless phone charger, #2 and #22. Taxes and title were 1571 and the fee added 499. 36,074 OTD. Sure wish I had been able to make that 30k deal posted above. Wow. I think if I had spent more time on it I could have trimmed more but at the end of the day my wife is happy so that makes me happy. And the dealer was sure enough happy. Lol. MSRP on this one with options was 38,545.
I got the same exact vehicle, except I added the two underbody plates, and paid $160 more than you.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT. Her name is Lola.
17 Posts
@badger01 and @Hokie99 where are you finding these deals?
I’m in Florida about to pull the trigger on an Onyx with package #2 for $34,595 and RF upgrade for an additional $711.95(dealer installed!) Total before tax, fees, etc is $35,306.95

·
Registered
2 Posts
@badger01 and @Hokie99 where are you finding these deals?
I’m in Florida about to pull the trigger on an Onyx with package #2 for $34,595 and RF upgrade for an additional $711.95(dealer installed!) Total before tax, fees, etc is $35,306.95
I went through the internet pricing from the Subaru website. Someone above got a good deal from the Kenosha, WI dealership, so I used them.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,229 Posts
I pasted the following earlier. I emailed SOA and called directly, No help. I even went a couple of steps more in my attempt to get a build coupon. I emailed Thomas Doll CEO and Jeffery Walters, VP of sales, and directly asked for a build coupon. CEO I got a phone call from Virgil Aston, Supervisor of the customer Advocacy Department. Again no coupon. Looks like there are not providing build coupons or I pissed them off. :) Perhaps both.
"I seem to have not any luck getting a build coupon. I understand you need to make a build on the Subaru of America web site and send it to a dealer. Apparently the marketing people randomly select some of the people who make the builds. In order to increase my chances, I have submitted at least 120 builds (192 to be exact) to dealers around the country. So far no luck. Either Subaru is not doing many builds or I am very unlucky. Perhaps I am missing something."

Reactions: airegin

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
332 Posts
I pasted the following earlier. I emailed SOA and called directly, No help. I even went a couple of steps more in my attempt to get a build coupon. I emailed Thomas Doll CEO and Jeffery Walters, VP of sales, and directly asked for a build coupon. CEO I got a phone call from Virgil Aston, Supervisor of the customer Advocacy Department. Again no coupon. Looks like there are not providing build coupons or I pissed them off. :) Perhaps both.
"I seem to have not any luck getting a build coupon. I understand you need to make a build on the Subaru of America web site and send it to a dealer. Apparently the marketing people randomly select some of the people who make the builds. In order to increase my chances, I have submitted at least 120 builds (192 to be exact) to dealers around the country. So far no luck. Either Subaru is not doing many builds or I am very unlucky. Perhaps I am missing something."
russellpat: FWIW, I think it is the former rather than the latter. If you look at the sales and production figures for April & May it's very easy to see that Subaru basically depleted their dealer's inventory of 2020 Outbacks. The laws of supply and demand indicate that Subaru no longer needs to provide us with any incentive to purchase. I personally think it's that simple. As I indicated in my posting a few days ago the incentives were why I was persuaded to purchase a 2020 Outback rather than waiting for a 2021. Subaru is still offering the 0% financing and that is worth something in the order of $1,800 - $2,000. See the attachment (hit your page down key for previous months).

Fred Meloan

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,229 Posts
Thank you for your response. I am going to wait until the 21s are out

1881 - 1900 of 1939 Posts