Subaru Outback Forums banner

1901 - 1920 of 1939 Posts

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
332 Posts
russellpat:

It's strictly a guess at this point in time but it may be January or February, 2021 before there is a chance of 0% financing again. Subaru will probably start the 2021 model year at 1.9% - 2.9% financing for the Outback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Spent some time this afternoon wading thru this forum looking for the auto show coupon, and various others and thought I'd save others the time:
Auto show is apparently dead - #1425 - Link to DFW (Dallas auto show was in March - I tried Denver but no luck) If you find a city that works, let the forum know!
Link to Forum Page - #1425

Chase - seen rumor it is thru end of June - #1032 - Link on Post (I don't bank with them so I can't verify)
Link to Forum Page - #1032

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finally found a dealer with an ABP Touring XT in stock near me, and they wanted $46k OTD... holy moly. 🤦‍♂️
That's a lot of moolah.

My situation parallels yours pretty neatly. I have a decent deal pending for a Touring XT after weeks of looking online , but if that one doesn't work out, I'm assuming that supply will open up later in the summer and I'll wait for that if need be. I also assume (hope?) that with the 2021s on the way, the 0% financing will continue for the 2020s.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also, evidence that inventories will expand: take a look at this list from a big dealership outside of Boston, still offering discounts. Seven Touring XTs in all, including two that are in transit. May not be pertinent to your region, but a positive sign.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm seeing the same in Dallas area for Touring XT (and XT in general). The dealerships are getting deposits before they even come in so they don't feel incentivized to deal.

There are NOT that many buyers out there who will qualify for 0%, or want to put up with Subaru's salesmens antics. For a little more, you can get a Volvo V60 and get treated like a human being.

I've been following Outback pricing for several years. I originally wanted to buy a 2018, but what idiot put a $40k sticker on a car and gave you a 4 way adjustable passenger seat? (seat recline, front & back, no up & down) I'd expect the 0% to stay on 2020's till December. 2021's won't get 0% until December 2020-February of 2021.

That's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,229 Posts
I'm seeing the same in Dallas area for Touring XT (and XT in general). The dealerships are getting deposits before they even come in so they don't feel incentivized to deal.

There are NOT that many buyers out there who will qualify for 0%, or want to put up with Subaru's salesmens antics. For a little more, you can get a Volvo V60 and get treated like a human being.

I've been following Outback pricing for several years. I originally wanted to buy a 2018, but what idiot put a $40k sticker on a car and gave you a 4 way adjustable passenger seat? (seat recline, front & back, no up & down) I'd expect the 0% to stay on 2020's till December. 2021's won't get 0% until December 2020-February of 2021.

That's just my opinion... I could be wrong.
My local dealer has every XT sold before they come in, I cannot even find a blue 2020 touring regionally.

·
Registered
2020 ABP Touring XT
19 Posts
I decided to pull the trigger. I got them down to $39,995 for ABP Touring XT with trailer hitch installed, popular package #2, extended warranty, and wireless charger. Original MSRP was $42,172.

I’m sure I could have gotten a better deal had I waited, but I was really keen on securing the 0% financing and didn’t want to kick myself if that wasn’t going to be the case starting in July. I’ve been eying this model for months and am stoked I pulled the trigger! First time Subaru owner :)

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,229 Posts
Has anyone heard of any Subaru new car discounts or coupons currently available? I got a $500 loyalty coupon and had no luck with a build coupon. I hope to use it and any other discounts on a 2021 OB. is there a Subaru Ambassador in Lexington, KY that can help me?

·
Registered
Soon-to-be owner of a 2020 Outback Limited XT
2 Posts
I just joined and I'm already so thankful for this forum. I was going to get a terrible local deal on an Onyx XT and I didn't realize I had another option, until I read up here and heard about Grand Subaru in IL. They didn't have any Onyx XTs in stock and are unlikely to get more, but I was able to secure a Limited XT for the following price (I'll have to pay taxes in LA seperately after delivery so I'm not including them):

$36,972
  • $300 IL Documentary Fee
  • $50 Out-of-State Temp Tag Fee
  • $1100 shipping fee
These are the included options:
LED Upgrade - Dome Light, Rear Seat Back Protector, Ext Auto Dim Mirror
Rear Bumper Cover, Splash Guards, All-Weather Floor Liners, Body Side Moldings

I'm also having him put in the skid plate and diff guard, which I think will be $400 more.

I know this isn't the best deal I've seen on here, but it's with out coupons, and only a bit more than I would have paid for an Onyx XT locally, even including the shipping fee. Nobody in NOLA or Baton Rouge was willing to make a deal on the Onyx since they're apparently in short supply.

Anyway, I'm so happy this community exists. I look forward to receiving my OB and becoming an active participant!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my car at last!!! Msrp was 39579. Outback xt limited. It included the tech package and wood trim.
selling price was $ 35665.00
And I used my loyalty coupon to get it for $35,165.
I paid the 85 doc fee and 530dmv fees plus tax on top of the 35,165.
I had to drive 2 hours to pick it up but it was worth it!! Here in southern California la dealers can be a pain in the behind when giving deals. Good luck to everyone !! The car is awesome!! Going to swap the sucky tires next!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT. Her name is Lola.
17 Posts
My local dealer has every XT sold before they come in, I cannot even find a blue 2020 touring regionally.
Here are 2 Blue Premiums, a Blue Touring XT, a Blue Limited, and a Blue Onyx XT all in Transit to Subaru of Pembrook Pines.

1 Blue Touring XT and 1 Blue Onyx Xt both in Transit here:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Here are 2 Blue Premiums, a Blue Touring XT, a Blue Limited, and a Blue Onyx XT all in Transit to Subaru of Pembrook Pines.

I do not want an Xt Just a plain 2.5 touring.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pembroke Pines is close to where I live—their big offer was MSRP-1000...then add Doc fee, which I’m assuming is 899-999 (standard in Miami area). Ummmm, no thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pembroke Pines is close to where I live—their big offer was MSRP-1000...then add Doc fee, which I’m assuming is 899-999 (standard in Miami area). Ummmm, no thanks!
I ended going to Reeves Tampa after searching from Tampa all the way south and east. Still they have a 596.20 dealer fee which my salesman schooled me on. He said it wasn't a doc fee but a set fee mandated by the state blah blah blah. I do believe I've seen doc fees and dealer fees out there.
It all seems like smoke and mirrors after landing on a vehicle price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here is the deal I made yesterday in Tampa for my first Subaru!!:

35,306.95 Onyx XT with Moonroof, Popular Pkg #2, Rockford Fosgate Upgrade (priced at $711.95 included)
596.20 Predelivery Svc Charge(They call this "Dealer Fee" on the internal agreement I signed when I left a deposit)
35.00 Registration Filing Fee
6.50 Battery and Tire Fee
35944.65 Taxable amount
2156.68 FL sales tax
50.00 County Surtax
378.85 Tag and Title Fees
38,530.18 Total

@mcotton Thank you for all your help during this difficult time ;) It's hard to keep your head on straight when you're sleep deprived, having stayed up multiple nights in a row scanning the forum for the latest info and also the dealer sites for "the" one. You've been great company...and quite tolerant of my incessant texting to!

In finance I was given the dealer cost sheet: "Subaru of America Vehicle Invoice"
2020 Onyx XT Gray MSRP: 34,895 Dealer Cost: 32,644
Option Package 22 (Moonroof/Nav/RAB) MSRP: 1845 Dealer Cost: 1539
Popular Package #2 MSRP: 854 Dealer Cost: 552
Destination Charge: 1,010
Total Before Discount: 38,604 Dealer Cost: 35,745

I hope the numbers prove a helpful gauge.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium (BSD, RCTA, Package #1) Autumn Green
2 Posts
I'm new here, and very glad found this forum site.

Looking to buy 2020 Outback Limited or Onyx (Green or brown - i know green is popular) before "0% APR for 63mo" expires :)

I've been reading last couple pages of this thread, and I've noticed that there is "coupon". What is this, and where I could get this?

I haven't started "deal" with dealership yet, but so far I found not too far from me.

2020 Outback Limited Green with package #2
MSRP: $37599
Discount: $1859
Internet Price: $35740

Ohio

Any discount option, and good thread to read for Newbie here? Thanks much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
@patagonia I went hunting through for the Coupons everyone was mentioning the other day and created a post on this page above.

The "Build on Website" Coupon seems to not be generated anymore.

The "Auto Show" coupon link doesn't seem to be live anymore. But the link was for /dfw and the Dallas Auto Show was in March, so we are at or past that coupons 90 day window. If you know a city that had an auto show scheduled recently you might try inputting variations of its name on that URL. You might get lucky and stumble on one that is "live".

There's an ASPCA discount that @mcotton has mentioned if you are certain levels with that organization. Since you are looking for a non-turbo, you should be able to get some movement.

If you belong to a credit-union you might see if they have a list of salespeople for various makes. Those people are often the "fleet dealers" and they don't try to play as many games on each sale.

For computing invoice prices kbb seems to do a better job than edmunds.

1901 - 1920 of 1939 Posts