Subaru Outback Forums banner

1921 - 1940 of 1957 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium (BSD, RCTA, Package #1) Autumn Green
2 Posts
@patagonia I went hunting through for the Coupons everyone was mentioning the other day and created a post on this page above.

The "Build on Website" Coupon seems to not be generated anymore.

The "Auto Show" coupon link doesn't seem to be live anymore. But the link was for /dfw and the Dallas Auto Show was in March, so we are at or past that coupons 90 day window.

There's an ASPCA discount that @mcotton has mentioned if you are certain levels with that organization. Since you are looking for a non-turbo, you should be able to get some movement.

If you belong to a credit-union you might see if they have a list of salespeople for various makes. Those people are often the "fleet dealers" and they don't try to play as many games on each sale.

For computing invoice prices kbb seems to do a better job than edmunds.
Thank you for the reply. Yea, as I read more thread, it seems like those "coupon" are not generating anymore. I haven't seen on any Subaru's website, but do they offer FR (first responder) incentive anywhere?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2020 Outback Touring XT
Black / Brown Napa Leather
Base MSRP: $40,201 (incl Dest/Deliv)

Factory Install Options:
Cargo Net
Rear Seatback Protector
All Weather Floor Liners
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guards
Body Side Molding
Door Edge Guards
Auto Dimming Ext Mirror w, light

Dealer (only) Installed options:
Differential Under Guard Rear
Engine Under Guard
Side Window Deflectors
STI Door Handle Cup Protectors
Sunshade 2nd Row
Trailer Hitch

MSRP: $43,201
Cash Price: $38,126
(VIP pricing, inc dest and Deliv & -$750 Loyalty coupon)
Doc Fee $85

Ordered 9/22. Car due 10/28. Actual arrival 11/07

Note: The dealer didnt have the dealer install option parts in stock when the car came in - yeah, pretty lame didnt know this till I got there - it seems there was a communication drop from the sales to parts department. Something to ask your dealer about when ordering dealer install only parts to make sure they will have them in. Dealer is over an hour away from home. and they promised next Thursday it will be done, I need someone to drive my car back home as Im not trading it, so it was either come back (at least) 2 more times in the next week, or just leave it there and pick it up in a week, I opted for the latter.

The price above - is the VIP invoice -2%, + used a $750 Loyalty coupon. They allowed both, no challenge.
But I should note, they totally hiked up the labor of the 6 dealer installed accessories. I just realized I don't have the itemized sheet for the prices I got on those 6 options but it came to $761 (the 6 parts) and $1000 (Labor). The labor is not included in the cash price above. I knew ahead of time there was going to be labor charges for those 6 parts. I got VIP pricing for all the accessories. How much that labor reasonably should be, I don't know. But the Doc Fee was only $85, and people here have quoted that as $200-600. There were no other fees other than government mandated. It also included a 24K maintenance plan. So I figure it balances out and I wasn't going to argue over maybe $2-300 bucks. The sales and finance guys were all very nice and professional, I accepted it as is and I think its a pretty good deal on a just released model. Look forward to getting it at the end of the coming week.
Hello! I was just wondering which dealership you went to,as It sounds like you had a pretty good experience overall. I live in Long Beach, and am looking for recommendations for Subaru Dealerships. Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,139 Posts
Hello! I was just wondering which dealership you went to,as It sounds like you had a pretty good experience overall. I live in Long Beach, and am looking for recommendations for Subaru Dealerships. Thanks!
Why, I went to Timmons in Long Beach. I have said elsewhere here why, but in short, I have owned Outbacks since 2003 in So Cal, and have dealt with a good handful of So Cal dealers (about 5 or 6 of them - 2 for purchases and the rest for service). Ive been pretty frustrated with many of them consistently, except Timmons by you. I started at Timmons with 2 major service visits, one wreck and one large breakdown, and I was very please with them both times, so I decided to purchase my 2020 through them, and the experience was way better than my first 2 outback purchases). I live in Pasadena but I cant say enough good things about Timmons, after really finding I am often frustrated with many of them (point being, I guess Im picky, and critical, but Timmons has repeatedly done nothing but impress me for service and purchase). Gary and Eddie were who I dealt with there in sales.
Hope that helps. You honestly live closest to my favorite one in all of So Cal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why, I went to Timmons in Long Beach. I have said elsewhere here why, but in short, I have owned Outbacks since 2003 in So Cal, and have dealt with a good handful of So Cal dealers (about 5 or 6 of them - 2 for purchases and the rest for service). Ive been pretty frustrated with many of them consistently, except Timmons by you. I started at Timmons with 2 major service visits, one wreck and one large breakdown, and I was very please with them both times, so I decided to purchase my 2020 through them, and the experience was way better than my first 2 outback purchases). I live in Pasadena but I cant say enough good things about Timmons, after really finding I am often frustrated with many of them (point being, I guess Im picky, and critical, but Timmons has repeatedly done nothing but impress me for service and purchase). Gary and Eddie were who I dealt with there in sales.
Hope that helps. You honestly live closest to my favorite one in all of So Cal.
Wow - thank you so much! I'll make sure to ask for Garry or Eddie. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just put down a deposit for a late June delivery. South Southern California

2020 Onyx Autumn Green
Package 22
All weather floor mats
Auto dimming mirror/approach lights
Sport Grille - Turbo
LED dome light
Cargo net
Wireless charger

$34,914 with Costco pricing
$85 doc fee
$3587 tax
$471 non tax fees (reg and everything)

Out the door $39,057

Oh and I have the $500 car show, $500 loyalty and $500 military discounts to still apply.

Seems like a great deal. A lot of other dealers couldn't come close to the price.

Only negative is the nearly 2 hour drive to pick it up.
Hello, any chance you can tell me which dealership you went to? I'm in SoCal, and I'm hoping to try a Hail Mary negotiation approach at different dealerships soon (...on the last day of the month...) Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Limited XT
8 Posts
Just got my new Limited XT today. Gray with gray interior and popular package 2. $33,400 car price. 6yr/100k warranty, 7 year dealer maintenance plan, taxes, tags, and fees out the door at $39,600 and the 0%.

I feel like I did really well overall as it would have been about 36 out the door without the service plan and warranty. They had just gotten this one in today as well right before I got there. Still had all the wrap on it too.

I did go in with "TrueCar" pricing which I think also helped, and did have an offer of about the same price from another nearby dealer. Hagerstown MD, Winchester VA area.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’m going to the dealer this afternoon to pick up an Outback that I ordered. (After I close the deal I’ll post here about what kinda deal I made with them).

I’m interested if any one knows THE DEALER COST OF THE EXTENDED WARRANTIES? I’m on the fence weather I want to get one.

·
Registered
2020 OB Onyx XT - Abyss Blue Pearl
19 Posts
We just got our blue Onyx XT down here in Texas. We had to wait about 3-4 weeks for delivery from the factory. It’s really hard to find XT models down here in the Austin/San Antonio area.

MSRP: $38,896
Dealer Price: $36,934
Agreed Upon: $34,504 + TTL

We ended up having them take off some dealer mark up crap like nitrogen/vin etching. Only agreed to pay for vehicle prep.

OTD + TTL: $35,457.00

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
49 Posts
Just got an email for $500 off a new Subaru purchase, and complimentary 2 years/24K miles Added Security maintenance plan. Valid through 7/29.
Not sure why I got this coupon- I had already bought at the beginning of May; just wanted to give everyone here a heads up that this promotion is circulating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got an email for $500 off a new Subaru purchase, and complimentary 2 years/24K miles Added Security maintenance plan. Valid through 7/29.
Not sure why I got this coupon- I had already bought at the beginning of May; just wanted to give everyone here a heads up that this promotion is circulating.

Thanks for the insight. Did it come directly from Subaru?

·
Registered
48 Posts
my dealer finance guy told me the invoice cost of that warranty is 1750 and that it is going up in price July 1st.

i paid 1950 as well and thought it was fair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah the dealer told me pretty much the same thing expect his cost was $1850. I also agreed and got it for $1950. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium
4 Posts
I do not want an Xt Just a plain 2.5 touring.
Hi everyone. I just purchased a 2020 Outback premium with package 13 from N Ft. Lauderdale Subaru for $31480 out the door. Sticker was $32,215.
Best offer from Subaru of Pembroke Pines for me was $534/0% for 63 months on a premium with package 15 (msrp 33810). I used their deal to get the deal at north ft Lauderdale on the last day of the month. I had 810 credit so financing was no issue.
Hope this helps anyone in the south Florida area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for sharing Knichola--how was N. Ft. Lauderdale to deal with? I just bought a used Crosstrek from Lehman in Miami and it was a great experience, very good deal. Now I need to find the deal on an OB Touring XT.....

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium
4 Posts
The dealership was ok. Pembroke Pines is probably your best bet to get an idea of the best deal. Others will match or beat.
The first time I visited NFL Subaru I was stuck with a very green salesman who wasn’t able to understand that I had all the invoice/holdback information and that I was looking for a very strong deal. What I needed was to speak to the sales manager which he was not willing to let me get to that point. Very frustrating. We left. Unfortunately they were the only ones with the color and package I wanted from here to Orlando.
I called back on the last day of the month and was able to speak directly to the sales manager and essentially got the deal done over the phone based.
He set me up with a senior sales advisor David Elkind to do the paperwork. From the moment we walked in to driving off in the new car was about an hour and a half.
Most importantly, identify the model, package and color you want and which dealers have it. I spoke to dealers all the way up to West Palm (Schumacher). They guaranteed they’d beat any offer by $500 but they didn’t have the model I needed in stock.
A lot of dealers will be getting new inventory over the next few weeks, but I didn’t want to wait another month to buy.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT
18 Posts
We also purchased our Touring XT at North Fort Lauderdale Subaru in May. I initially spoke with Matt, the sales manager, and he put us with Timor the salesman. We arrived around 7:00PM for a test drive with no intention to buy, and wound up driving the XT home before 9:00. They gave us a deal we couldn't refuse, plus a fair trade in for our '18 Outback Touring 3.6. The BEST car buying experience ever! This is our 4th Subaru, and by far the easiest buying experience. Dealership is under new ownership, and they're doing things right! Very customer service oriented!

1921 - 1940 of 1957 Posts