Subaru Outback Forums banner

1941 - 1960 of 1993 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium
4 Posts
We also purchased our Touring XT at North Fort Lauderdale Subaru in May. I initially spoke with Matt, the sales manager, and he put us with Timor the salesman. We arrived around 7:00PM for a test drive with no intention to buy, and wound up driving the XT home before 9:00. They gave us a deal we couldn't refuse, plus a fair trade in for our '18 Outback Touring 3.6. The BEST car buying experience ever! This is our 4th Subaru, and by far the easiest buying experience. Dealership is under new ownership, and they're doing things right! Very customer service oriented!
Congrats! True about the new owner. They bought off Accardi next door. They want to build their presence as a high volume dealer (hopefully good for us all in South Florida!)
Maybe someday I’ll upgrade to an XT. I miss my old Legacy GT turbo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ruby, how was the deal? I haven’t been able to get anyone down to a reasonable price on a Touring XT here. Best discount was ~9% at Covonut Creek, but the guy wouldn’t disclose all the fees, so I walked

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT
18 Posts
OBPilot, our XT Touring MSRP was $42,095. I believe the sales price was $36,8XX (I don't remember the exact figure. We also had a trade involved, plus $1,000.00 build certificate from SOA. All I can tell you is we left the dealership in a brand new Outback with nothing out of pocket and a $16/ month increase in payment. I also had them throw in splash guards and seat back covers an no cost. I hope this helps. Also, I was up there yesterday, and they had 7 XT Tourings in stock. 3 grey, 2 black, 1 white, and 1 blue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,

Purchased a Touring XT at the end of May but did not get the warranty (was unfamiliar with the dealer vs. Subaru Gold Plus options at the time).

Am planning on purchasing the additional (added on to the 3 years / 36k miles), Subaru Gold Plus Warranty for +7 years / 70k miles with $0 deductible.

Recently learned that I have to purchase this in-state (CA) and can't buy it from Planet Subaru. The dealership I purchased it from and the two around me are asking $2500+ =/.

Any recommendations from CA dealers?

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,038 Posts
Hi All,

Purchased a Touring XT at the end of May but did not get the warranty (was unfamiliar with the dealer vs. Subaru Gold Plus options at the time).

Am planning on purchasing the additional (added on to the 3 years / 36k miles), Subaru Gold Plus Warranty for +7 years / 70k miles with $0 deductible.

Recently learned that I have to purchase this in-state (CA) and can't buy it from Planet Subaru. The dealership I purchased it from and the two around me are asking $2500+ =/.

I don't think it's +7 years. It's 7 years total, 4 added to the 3.

·
Registered
26 Posts
OBPilot, our XT Touring MSRP was $42,095. I believe the sales price was $36,8XX (I don't remember the exact figure. We also had a trade involved, plus $1,000.00 build certificate from SOA. All I can tell you is we left the dealership in a brand new Outback with nothing out of pocket and a $16/ month increase in payment. I also had them throw in splash guards and seat back covers an no cost. I hope this helps. Also, I was up there yesterday, and they had 7 XT Tourings in stock. 3 grey, 2 black, 1 white, and 1 blue.
Thanks Ruby—that’s a great data point. I bought a Crosstrek from Lehman, and they were great, but I’d go buy the OB today at the price you got. Did they hit you with a lot of doc/filing fees or was that the cost +TTL?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just wanted to say thank you to everybody here for all the information you provide. I joined the Outback clan today with a lot of help from the information I found on here. Local dealer in the Indianapolis area. I could have done about $700 better at Grand but I wanted to keep my business in town if I could. Plus there's some expense, time and hassle with buying out of state which is all worth something.

Outback Limited - Autumn Green/Ivory base package with a handful of options.
MSRP: $35,125
Paid: $31,757 plus TTL

The only processing fee was a $195 doc fee. Overall, I don't think I did too bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone,

First post. Looking to get into the outback world, and just wanted to get an idea if this offer is any good

2020 Onyx XT - Autumn Green (Option pckg 22 / Popular package 2 / RF audio / Wireless charger / Foot lights)
MSRP: 39,681
Dealer Invoice/ Offer : 36,683

The dealer offers dealer invoice pricing to healthcare workers in the local hospital system, which I can use. They do not have any Onyx in Autumn green in stock, and so it would have to be shipped....at an estimated cost of $500.

I've seen a few better deals, but they are over 8 hrs from me. Dealer offered me a good deal on my trade as well.

Does this seem like a good deal for this vehicle currently?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am happy to say I took delivery of my New 2020 Outback base in black on Monday. I had originally put in an order for a base model with no options about a week and a half earlier - I was prepared to wait a few months to get the car. Luckily they were able to transfer nearly the same car from another dealer. The outback I purchased had a few options that I ended up getting for free. (all-weather floor mats, cargo cover, LED dome light, auto dimming compass mirror). I purchase from Carbone Subaru in Troy, NY. I paid $24,850 before Tax / dmv fees. I will also be getting $500 check from SOA as in incentive (Making the effective cost of the car $24,350). Part of making this deal was contingent on not financing. I traded in a 2017 Ford Focus ST (base trim of the ST model) W/ 41.9K Mi for $13,500 - the rest I paid outright. I had purchased the Focus ST used 9 months prior for less than what I traded it in for. The window sticker price of the outback was $28,302 - I'm happy with how it worked out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Everyone,

First post. Looking to get into the outback world, and just wanted to get an idea if this offer is any good

2020 Onyx XT - Autumn Green (Option pckg 22 / Popular package 2 / RF audio / Wireless charger / Foot lights)
MSRP: 39,681
Dealer Invoice/ Offer : 36,683

The dealer offers dealer invoice pricing to healthcare workers in the local hospital system, which I can use. They do not have any Onyx in Autumn green in stock, and so it would have to be shipped....at an estimated cost of $500.

I've seen a few better deals, but they are over 8 hrs from me. Dealer offered me a good deal on my trade as well.

Does this seem like a good deal for this vehicle currently?

Thanks!
That seems like a good deal given the current time/inventory for XTs. We called 5 dealers today in Northern California with our ideal int/ext color combo to negotiate and the dealers are very firm on pricing for XTs. Even those priced at a measly 3.1% off MSRP has zero interest in coming down and were very confident the cars would sell at that price this month.

We're about to close on a 2020 Limited XT black exterior and interior
MSRP: $38,755
Price we're getting: $36,431 (6% off MSRP)

Technically we could have gotten a better discount using a Costo affiliated dealer (7.4% off MSRP) but that price for us would have been equivalent as the MSRP on the vehicle that dealer had was was higher. I don't really care about the added "tech package" that drives up the price and we would have had to drive 4 hours roundtrip to get it (not sure I could even swing this before the car sold between holiday closures and work week)-which at 8 months pregnant sounds pretty unappealing.

It basically seems like pricing on XTs is really tight, especially if you have any sort of color/interior preference. We did strongly consider waiting for the 2021s but it could be next summer/never before they offer 0% APR financing, base MSRPs are likely to be higher and the only upgrade/change that would really excite me would be an Onyx XT exterior paired with the black leather interior of the Limiteds. That seems highly unlikely to magically materialize in 2021 given lots of people like the StarTex interior and the current version of the Onyx seems to be selling very well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks polkadottedpony!

Yeah, it seems like inventory on Onyx in Green is very low. 1 car in 200 miles here in SLC, UT. Next closest is Colorado Springs or Reno, both 8+ hours.

My employer discount got me an additional 3.5% off MSRP from their posted 4.5 off, so looking like 8% off MSRP + (~$500 for shipping).

Have fun with your murdered out Touring. Sounds slick.

·
Registered
Looking for an 2020 Limited XT. Former owner of 2016 3.6 Limited and 2010- 3.6 Limited
38 Posts
Hi All,

Why do you have to make the purchase from a CA dealership?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - last Sunday we bought a Premium in autumn green with the ivory interior. Only fitted options were the wireless charger, mirror compass w' homelink, splash guards, rear bumper cover and sunshade. Manager threw in the rubber floor mats and the price was $28,271 plus tax and DMV. Dealer is DCH in Riverside, CA. We also bought the Gold Plus 8 year 80,000 mile warranty for an additional $2,195. I bought a VW Golf last year which came with a 6 year 60,000 mile warranty and so with the standard Subaru warranty being only 3/36,000 we thought the additional warranty was worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - First time Subaru owner, and I love it! On July 1st, I took delivery of a Magnetite Gray Metallic Onyx XT with Option Package #22 and Popular Package #2. It also had the color keyed side moldings, and I added the Subaru Tow Hitch package. With the built-in transportation charge, the MSRP was 39,399. My price was $36,400 + $275 doc fee. The dealer also includes a lifetime powertrain warranty from Zurich (mediocre reviews) at no charge. They offered other plans for purchase, but I passed.

There currently seems to be a limited supply of the Onyx trim level Outbacks in VA, NC, SC, TN due to popularity, and the temporary Indiana plant shutdown. My first choice was Autumn Green, but there just wasn't one available in my region. Given all that, I'm thrilled with the discount I negotiated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the forum. I've been an Subaru owner since February 2005 when I got dark blue Legacy Limited. Well about a week ago I got yet another Subaru. A 2020 Outback Touring XT Magnetite Gray Metallic! MSPR $41,896.00 I Paid $36,596.00 + taxes and was able to take advantage of the 0% 63 month finance offer. I am happy with the car in every way except for fuel mileage. I was expecting 22MPG average, but am struggling to get 20MPG. Hopefully the next 1500 miles does better. I already have a Rally Innovations Light bar on the way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
New to the forum. I've been an Subaru owner since February 2005 when I got dark blue Legacy Limited. Well about a week ago I got yet another Subaru. A 2020 Outback Touring XT Magnetite Gray Metallic! MSPR $41,896.00 I Paid $36,596.00 + taxes and was able to take advantage of the 0% 63 month finance offer. I am happy with the car in every way except for fuel mileage. I was expecting 22MPG average, but am struggling to get 20MPG. Hopefully the next 1500 miles does better. I already have a Rally Innovations Light bar on the way.
Did your price reflect a Subaru loyalty coupon, or any other discounts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great deal here with inventory being so limited. What part of the country are you in?
Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1941 - 1960 of 1993 Posts