Subaru Outback Forums banner

The MSRP/Invoice/Purchase Price/Extended warranty thread

792K views 4K replies 797 participants last post by  subeout 
#1 ·
Just like the 5th gen thread, let's get the price thread going to track prices and MSRPs.

#2 · (Edited)
2020 Outback Limited (2.5i) "LDF"
Autumn Green / Black leather
Package option 34
MSRP $36,500
Invoice $34,029

Accessories
Auto Dimming Ext Mirrors w/ approach Light
All Weather Floor Liner
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guards
Door Scuff Protectors
Seat Back Protectors
Cargo Net
Alloy Wheel Locks

Total Suggested Retail $37,637
Total Invoice $34,765

Doc fee $699

Cash Price $33,285
Discount off total suggested price 11.6%
Compared to total invoice 4.3% below

Ordered: 7/30
Estimated delivery: last week of Oct

#7 ·
Following. Wish I could find accessory package pricing (MSRP and Invoice) for the 2020 OB

#11 ·
Blue Limited 2.5i
pkg 34 and pop 2
$34581 plus fees/taxes per VIP arrangment

I know the price is on the high side but the local dealers here won't give any discounts so I had to use the VIP program to get invoice pricing.
other dealerships that might bargain are about 100 miles away

#12 ·
New to the forum, but wanted to throw out the pricing I was able to get, and feel pretty good about.
No other dealers wanted to talk to me, but through the Costco dealer network, I was able to pre order on July 23rd. In addition to this, I am also able to apply a $500 loyalty discount from SOA. Estimated delivery is Late Oct.

Year / Make / Model: 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Package: # 22 - Power Moonroof + 11.6-inch Multimedia Navigation System
Color: Autumn Green Metallic / Gray interior
VIN: FACTORY ORDER
Transmission: CVT (Continuously Variable)

Included Accessories:
Trailer Hitch
Rear Bumper Cover
All Weather Floor Liners
Body Side Molding - Autumn Green Metallic
Auto Dim Mirror + Approach Light

MSRP: $39,074
Invoice / Cost: $36,101

Your Discounted Price: $34,631
Your Costco Savings: $4,443!!!

Destination is included! ONLY Added Fees:
Taxes (% based on where you live), License & Title, and Document Fee.

#66 ·
New to the forum, but wanted to throw out the pricing I was able to get, and feel pretty good about.
No other dealers wanted to talk to me, but through the Costco dealer network, I was able to pre order on July 23rd. In addition to this, I am also able to apply a $500 loyalty discount from SOA. Estimated delivery is Late Oct.

Year / Make / Model: 2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Package: # 22 - Power Moonroof + 11.6-inch Multimedia Navigation System
Color: Autumn Green Metallic / Gray interior
VIN: FACTORY ORDER
Transmission: CVT (Continuously Variable)

Included Accessories:
Trailer Hitch
Rear Bumper Cover
All Weather Floor Liners
Body Side Molding - Autumn Green Metallic
Auto Dim Mirror + Approach Light

MSRP: $39,074
Invoice / Cost: $36,101

Your Discounted Price: $34,631
Your Costco Savings: $4,443!!!

Destination is included! ONLY Added Fees:
Taxes (% based on where you live), License & Title, and Document Fee.
That certainly seems like a hefty discount on a model just introduced to the market. I guarantee some unwitting buyers will pay over MSRP!!

#20 · (Edited)
Arizona. I guess there are regional differences, or maybe even differences by dealer. But I'm not sure what you are showing with that attached picture. I can get all that info on the Costco site as well, but not info about the Costco pricing (which comes from a dealer after they are contacted via Costco).

#30 ·
2020 Outback Touring XT

Black Paint & Black Interior Trim (w/ the brown napa leather)

Popular Package #2

Trailer Hitch

Being quoted $39,400 via Costco pricing.

Dealer is about 2.5 hour drive from my home. I have access to IMBA VIP as well, but I’m not a fan of my more local dealer (who is still an hour from my home), and the Costco Dealer seemed on the ball and had their act together.

Does this seem about as good as one can expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 ·
I'm only showing this as an option on the non-XT Touring, but here goes:
POPULAR PACKAGE #2
-inc: Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror w/Approach Light Part number J201SAN000, Splash Guards Part number J101SAN100, Dome Light LED Upgrade Part number H461SFL110, All-Weather Floor Liners Part number J501SAN100, Rear Seat Back Protector Part number J501SAN220, Rear Bumper Cover Part number E771SAN100
Code: OA2

#53 · (Edited)
I can get pricing on the Costco site, at least confirming the 2020 Xt Touring is there. I'm wondering if anyone knows what dealership(s) are used in eastern MA? I'm not a Costco member and the only reason I'd spring for as membership would be if the car pricing is worth it. I know that Subaru of New England tends to do whatever it wants to with pricing etc. I have a local dealer that quoted me a price of about 2k off a 42k configuration.
Text Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

#56 ·
I'm not sure why, but some of those accessory prices seem VERY inflated, according to what I have seen pricing the vehicle out myself a number of times. Not sure why that would be. Maybe because some items are being dealer-installed - in which case they added on labor? (some items can be installed at the factory/"port" so there would be no reason to pay additional Labor & some things you can just do yourself, that require no skill at all) But you should double & triple check that pricing.

#54 ·
Looking to purchase my first Outback. This is the deal I am currently being offered. Please let me know your thoughts.

2020 Touring Outback
MSRP $39,519
Additional $1,500 off
Trade In $4,500 (2008 RAV4 with 145k miles) will be able to drive until the Outback is delivered

Price before TT&L $33,519
w/ TT&L about $36k (don't have the figures right in front of me.)

#63 ·
Ambassador coupons are still available, I just used one on my purchase. The loyalty and Ambassador coupons will stack. It says so in the fine print on the coupons. I left them out of discussion until the dealer had agreed to prices on my purchase and trade in. Both coupons apply as a factory rebate, so they also reduce the amount of sales tax you have to pay. Good luck!

#82 ·
I had the same experience as others with COSTCO pricing in the Atlanta area. I was forwarded to a local dealer and offered basically $1000 off MSRP. I contacted all the ATL area dealers and wasn't given much better. I then tried TN and AL with only a small savings. Since those prices weren't very good and I wasn't in a hurry, I looked through this post and the 5th GEN pricing thread for some out of the local area options. I found good reviews from Liberty (NJ), Grand (IL), and Faulkner (PA). I contacted all three and received quotes for 2019 and 2020 models. My best deal for what I was looking for came from Grand. Liberty was the fastest to respond and was only a few hundred dollars off the Grand price. I was very close to buying the 2019 2.5i Touring at a $7000 discount (19% discount from MSRP), but nobody had the model and options I was looking for. Instead, I chose to wait and pay more to order a 2020 Touring instead. My discount on the 2020 is $3690 (10% discount from MSRP). Also, I received these prices without any haggling. I simply emailed with the model and options I wanted and they sent me a detailed price quote. I will pay taxes, tag fee, and title fee once I return to GA. Grand is charging a $180 doc fee and $50 temp plate fee. I was given a 6-8 week delivery estimate and I paid a $500 refundable deposit to place my order. Hope this helps others looking for a fair deal (especially if you are willing to travel for a better deal).

#83 ·
Have been wondering where to find a list of Costco dealers. Thanks for passing the locations along that you hunted down from Gen5 posts. Remember any in MN or OK? May not help me this time, but good to know for future use or other people may benefit too.