On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,368 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
you got to sing up and sign in over there to view the pics,...I am signed out over there and can't see them.

suggetion: you just upload them to imgur and link them back here.
That's weird. I have seen all pics there since I joined up as a junior member. I started a thread right away, with pics. I am a "member" there now.

40 posts. Lol.

Anyway ... the master mold is coming along nicely. I was able to cast a "prefect male master insert". A direct copy of the "stock female hollow void". That's how we make babies in the manufacturing world, with a perfect mate. Then, you wrap the 1st born in a 2 layer warm blanket of urethane.

I should have viable production mold in the morning.

Now if I could only post pictures.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,368 Posts
That's weird. I have seen all pics there since I joined up as a junior member. I started a thread right away, with pics. I am a "member" there now.

40 posts. Lol.

Anyway ... the master mold is coming along nicely. I was able to cast a "prefect male master insert". A direct copy of the "stock female hollow void". That's how we make babies in the manufacturing world, with a perfect mate. Then, you wrap the 1st born in a 2 layer warm blanket of urethane.

I should have viable production mold in the morning.

Now if I could only post pictures.

post them on IMGUR and link them back here. (probably easier then making old attachments anyway).

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,368 Posts
That means joining them. Learning their system. Where does it end? I'm old. Google drive is bad enough.

It takes a little work, but it's all there.

those are not hot links that open.

see:

here is the plain link
https://i.imgur.com/3hQCuHL.gif

and here it is as a attached image, no clicking on the viewer's part.

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
those are not hot links that open.

see:

here is the plain link
https://i.imgur.com/3hQCuHL.gif

and here it is as a attached image, no clicking on the viewer's part.
They open for me? I might just give up.

You know I am s*cker for a hot brunette. Little miss Megan Fox was one of my favorites from a few years back. Salma never disappoints though.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,368 Posts
They open for me? I might just give up.

You know I am s*cker for a hot brunette. Little miss Megan Fox was one of my favorites from a few years back. Salma never disappoints though.
if you did put them up one time on imgur or something similar.

then they would be in one place on the internet,

and you could then hot link them to your posts on the 3 or 4 forums you are working on now.

vs. laboriously uploading them to each one.

a time savings for trying. :smile2:

_____

and one of them pic site hosts may let you upload in a batch. :jump:

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You mean like this ?

So this is how the big pics are had huh?

I have a new tool now, @eagleeye. Thanks?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,368 Posts
You mean like this ?

So this is how the big pics are had huh?

I have a new tool now, @eagleeye. Thanks?
attachments suck as the viewer has to click on them to expand them

people just have to remember to delete the linked pic from a quote,...or it will expand again. and the viewer has to scroll over the same image again and again and again.
:frown2:

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Inserts for the CVT

Here are the test mules for the Ascent CVT.

It will be a while before I have anyone interested I would guess. Maybe the 1st (2) people that lift theirs, whenever lifts become available.

It's a little different than the 3.6R CVT insert. (here shown in black)

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Loaded Mount Inserts

I have a few developments with the Ascent Loaded CVT mount insert. It takes many steps to to get a master mold.

Including sculpting clay to get things right.

I am developing the Ascent CVT mount loaded insert along side the 3.6R loaded insert.

I should have a master mold by the end of day and a protype tomorrow. 3.6R folks will begin testing next week.

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Sway Bar Bushing Update

I finally have some definite news. The rear bushing, the label was created today. That means my dealer should have it next week. Unfortunately, the front is back-ordered with a release date of July 9.

People are slowly taking a few Ascents home already. In spite of thinking ahead, I m almost late to the party.

The loaded CVT inserts are being cast in the (3) softer durometers. I am only making (2) test sets and then I'm going quit until I get some test mules.

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I just got the call

The new sway bar bushings are here ....

The new sway bar bushings are here ... I am about as excited.

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
RSB Upgrade will be available...Sort Of

Ok, I picked up the bushings. The front is a 24mm the rear is a 19mm. What that means is a 20mm from a STI or the 22mm Whiteline aftermarket bar will fit the Ascent. Whether any of you deem a larger bar necessary or not, they will fit.

One caveat to either bar as an upgrade, there are no bushings that will work with the chassis and the brackets at this time. Not to worry, I will have some hybrid bushings by the end of the week. CKE SSP will be the only bushing that will allow this upgrade. Subaru and the global platform are making some changes.

Their bushing technology (as far bushing shape) is advancing. It's really cool in-fact but I won't bore you all with details.

They are greasing bushings now, so, you can't pigeon hole "poly" as bad for needing grease, OEM rubber does now it would seem.

What it means is bushing straps and bushing seats (beds on the chassis side) are being standardized. Just the rubber plug is different. This advance makes for very good fun for me. I can take any inside diameter and make a bushing to fit any car on the global platform. Including the above mention Whiteline 22mm bar.

Master molds for CKE SSP FSB and RSB performance bushing are are curing as I type.

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Senior Class Status

tdck is moving up in the world. 100 posts takes a while, not much to sink your teeth into yet.

Folks are just starting to get cars.

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
85d are all the rage

It appears the 85d, high performance series, sway bar bushings are more popular with the Ascent crowd. They are going straight for the big stuff. It's a new discussion over at the Ascent forum, however ... it's gaining traction.

Some folks are getting seasick, some folks say it has less bodyroll than the Outback or Forester. I was having trouble with my 85d material, but I figured out the issue. So it's game on.

·
Master Caster
15,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
21 - 38 of 38 Posts