Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 954 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the weirdest load you have ever had in your Subaru? I have had many:

8' x 2' lattice pieces (with the hatch closed)
Two separate 750# loads of landscaping edging!

Just a couple that I could think of. Brian

·
Super Moderator
6,009 Posts
I consistently have it full, front to rear w/back seats folded flat, with amps and speakers and guitars for my band. He drives like a champ when he is weighed down that much, but my terrible rear shocks don't appreciate it.

I can't particularly think of anything "odd" that I've carried though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am new to the board. I am an avid Subaru owner and am constantly showing what my Subie can do. My '02 OB so far has brought home a washer, dryer, hot water heater, and lumber for home projects. My '96 OB was used at one time for delivering telephone books, sheesh, they weigh a ton! So the phone books are the weirdest of loads for me.

·
Registered
194 Posts
15 covers for one of our products at one time. Also a 4 drawer legal size filing cabinet.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I haven't carried anything "unusual", just my cricket equipment, r/c car equipment, a new clothes dryer and half a dozen boxes full of ceramic bathroom tiles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I hauled my old couch to the dump,with the tailgate down it stuck out another 2 feet.It drew some attention since the couch was around 7 to 8 foot long hanging out the back of my Baja.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Losiho said:
I haven't carried anything "unusual", just my cricket equipment, r/c car equipment, a new clothes dryer and half a dozen boxes full of ceramic bathroom tiles.
Well, cricket equipment will be quite odd here in the US!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mericet said:

Well, cricket equipment will be quite odd here in the US!

Hehe ! You'd be surprised, from what I hear cricket is popular in some colleges in the USA. And the Canucks play cricket too, even though their World Cup team is made up of ex-pat aussies and poms.....Canada also holds the record for the lowest World Cup Cricket score as well !

·
Registered
194 Posts
Losiho said:

Hehe ! You'd be surprised, from what I hear cricket is popular in some colleges in the USA. And the Canucks play cricket too, even though their World Cup team is made up of ex-pat aussies and poms.....Canada also holds the record for the lowest World Cup Cricket score as well !
Not really. When I lived closer to Columbus I looked into joining a club and playing. Hurt my back (minor) and moved since then so that is out. But the funny thing is that the team was mostly made up by Pakistanis and Indians!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
I've had a skunk in the bed of my Baja once. He was terrorizing our cats' food so i set a trap then released him in to the woods. Yes it did smell. But after a rough 3 washes later the smell died down alot. :-D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I carried a commercial snow-cone machine and 10 pairs of wooden skis up to Sugarbush from NY in my friend's '00 OB. Aside from that, no good stories; I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 2.5XT so I can replace my venerable Honda with my first Subaru.

·
Registered
166 Posts
subaru drive magazine had some neet stuff in it awhile back.. some lady had like major crates of tomatos in her outback!

personally nothing intresting but a rat that made a nest in my engine bay and ate my battery cables and mad a nest with the fire wall insulation!

... the car was new at the time!

·
Registered
137 Posts
The family decided one rabbit isn't enough, they wanted rabbits. So, off we go to the rabbit rescue and we come home with our second rabbit, 1/3 of bale of Wyoming orchard grass plus their cages. By the by, rabbits love Wyoming orchard grass!!!!

Guess I'll be changing my grill badge to the rabbit!

·
Tokyo's between my toes
6,696 Posts
Today's entry, two 10-foot sections of oak handrail, to install in my parents' house this week. I was able to wrap the red ratcheting straps around the rack and the wood, and cinch them down tight.

Drove past a Chevy Avalanche so new it had a paper license plate, you know that guy looked down from his loft and wondered if he could do that with his rig...

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Two days ago I had a 19" x 80" linen door prehung, and three more sections of 8' baseboard in the car, with the hatch closed. Brian

1 - 20 of 954 Posts
About this Discussion
953 Replies
463 Participants
STPROutbackXT
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing