Subaru Outback Forums banner

901 - 920 of 954 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Car serves at times to haul "mini-farm" related stuff. Straw bales, bricks, even some dirt. Lots of cleaning after I am done.

Oddest load though- 16 chickens :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
8 foot long 24 inch diameter Red Oak log

Brought back an 8 foot long 24" diameter Red Oak log back to my sawmill inside of my 2002 scoobie outback.

Did several logs but that was the biggest.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not really odd but we fit 6 cases a beer bottles plus all luggage for a 3 day trip in the trunk, I have had 4 8 foot long 2x4's with tailgate closed and a car seat in the back.
3 Large dogs in the trunk and 5 people in the vehicle all at once.
A garbage can full of grass clippings and a tarp full of bush trimmings going to the yard waste facility.

I am probably forgetting because we pack the car for trips so often but all I can say is that I am sure glad we got the Outback, it far exceeded my expectations when we first bought it. We needed a vehicle to travel with that could fit us and all our things with the dog, then we added a baby and it still is always enough room for everything and everyone comfortably. I also never imagined I would be using it to haul things in place of my truck, but the roominess and ruggedness of it make it so easy I never hesitate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 9x24 tractor tire which I had to get for my 1939 Alice Chalmers tractor. It actually fit in the rear of my '03 outback with about 1/16" to spare.

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
3 weekends ago, had 600lbs of thin flagstone in the 03. The guys at the landscaping place seemed like they thought we were crazy.

It's Texas so, everything they load for people usually goes in a pickup.
Car ran great, just a little nose up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roughly one quarter of a cord of firewood, semi-neatly stacked, many times. I kept the firewood to heat my home towards the back of the lot and after I sold my truck I used the OB to move it sometimes. Messy? Yes. Worth it to say I moved firewood in my OB? Absolutely.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just hauled home a complete EJ251 (with all accessories attached including the throttle body) in the back of my '00 'Baru with an EJ251.

Made a little over 350 mile round trip. Got 27.1 MPG over the entire trip.

(Note To Self: Take a pic and update this post tomorrow....)

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good call on not packing too much. I expect you bought the rest of the beer at destination?
Haha ya we actually were bringing some New Glarus beer from WI to Indiana since you cant get it down there. It was for my bro in law. He tried it once up here and loves it and you can only buy it in WI so when we go down there he stocks up. Ironically we then buy beer from that area we cant get by us and bring it back, so yes we did buy more at the destination too.

·
Registered
81 Posts
How about 21 bags of Mulch (she sat a bit low that time...)
Or Free fire wood (took multiple trips!)
Or way to much camping gear!

Attachments

901 - 920 of 954 Posts
About this Discussion
953 Replies
463 Participants
STPROutbackXT
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing