Subaru Outback Forums banner

921 - 940 of 954 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ahhh yes all good choices. This weekend I bootlegged some moon man along with WBC Badger Club some Title town Johnny blood red, 3 Sheeps Waterslides IPA and a summer brew from Third Space. Of course for those not wanting any of that goodness we also had some no alcohol options.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
On 2 separate trips:

- A futon frame, full size (the one between twin and queen), plus the 8" futon mattress.

- Two rocker-recliners. Note that they're shipped with the back not attached, and we had to take them out of the boxes.

In both cases, we still fit our travel bags and various scores from shops in the back, and closed the hatch.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not so much an odd load IN a Subaru... or even an odd load ON a Subaru... more of an "Odd" way to secure a load... which package in the Forester lineup has these fancy tie down points... here I thought they were just door handles!

·
Registered
140 Posts
My wife once had over 100 plants in the back of our SVX. It took months to get all of the spilled soil cleaned out of it . . .

I had 8 10' pieces of pvc pipe in the same SVX sticking out of the front of the sunroof. The sunroof was 'closed' on it to clamp it into place, had to drive about 20 miles on the freeway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was pretty impressed when I put 40 40 pound bags of mulch in my 2015 Outback. I didn't stop quite as good as when it was empty, but it went just fine. I was a bit surprised.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Not so much an odd load IN a Subaru... or even an odd load ON a Subaru... more of an "Odd" way to secure a load... which package in the Forester lineup has these fancy tie down points... here I thought they were just door handles!
View attachment 469351
Please no one do this.

Use the door jams if you have to.

They're very solid (duh) and still aren't ideal but are at least better than using a flimsy piece of plastic.

Why didn't they just use the rack is beyond me?

·
Registered
190 Posts
What is the weirdest load you have ever had in your Subaru? I have had many:

8' x 2' lattice pieces (with the hatch closed)
Two separate 750# loads of landscaping edging!

Just a couple that I could think of. Brian
800# of river rock for the yard.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I take good care of my OB and baby it, but its a tool to be used. I work on properties, so sometimes there's paint, lumber, tools, bags of concrete, etc. Its my little pick up truck that drives like a car. It keeps stuff out of the rain and harder for thieves to steal. You name it, its been in there. If it doesn't fit, it gets strapped on top...like ladders.

Kryptek

·
Registered
72 Posts
Part 2
Landscaping

I do landscaping too. The car can't carry as much as a truck,but most jobs are small.
I've carried a dozen trees, 3 year olds, inside the 12 foot corner to corner seats down!
Now that's practical!

Recently I was able to squeeze 6-8 huge bales of moss in one trip. If there's too much concrete or not enough space, two trips and the advantages of a car beats one trip and a pickup for my uses.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's yet another category.
Teenagers.
I was asked to drop off teenage boys from an event. I gave into pressure from poor planning on another guys part to line up rides. I had maxed out and they needed a van . shocks were bottomed out! A couple of the delinquents were fighting in the back. I stopped and would've thrown them out but couldnt get parents phone numbers. They tore up the back of my previous wagon bad.
Never again. Let em walk or hitch hike. But the adults say, "that's too dangerous"😯.
I say "FOR WHO!" Sure NOT for your pesky boys, Jack! "

·
Registered
72 Posts
#4 Yet another category! What is stranger than delinquents that kick the molding apart on your car?
Livestock
You didnt know that your subaru is also a "cattle car"?
Just as long as its miniature and fits. Goats chickens, pot belly pigs, etc. Name it, it'll haul it. Alot more than you'd expect.🐑🐀🦃🐄🐐🐇🐖🐓🐓
To the lair, to a fair.....just about anywhere!

Kryptek

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whats stranger than exotic farm animals in your back seat?

Gay Frogs riding shotgun🐸🐸🐍

The subaru has hauled around a number of strange frogs, but never a gay one.
Call me a "homophobe" Bobby Sue, but I believe frogs are like canaries in the coal mines regarding water polutants. Do hormone disruptors like estrogen mimickers play a roll in the big "soy boy" phenomenon? Water additives, weed killers and bug killers on food, plastics , skin creams, etc....

Here's some funny yet informative videos on the subject. First is weird cross species attraction.
This is why gay frogs are NOT allowed in my subaru.

AND

AND

AND

·
Registered
72 Posts
Maybe I should start my own thread on the subject since I've been blessed with hundreds of odd things riding in my car, including yours truly.
Tonight I came across a little passenger that makes me think that perhaps God has a sense of humor.:unsure:
Read the previous post where I obsessed on the subject of gay frogs, (probably due to love of animals, the creation/clean environments, and work in toxicology.)
Here's a new passenger that was sent to me tonight:
20190822_214304.jpg

20190822_213046.jpg
20190822_213403.jpg
Coincidence?
I think not. Call me crazy, but I believe that someone sent me that frog....the same One that made frogs.
😆Yea! Is that cool or what!
It reminds me of what I woke up to this morning.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:1-3,14
Coincidence? I think Not.

921 - 940 of 954 Posts
About this Discussion
953 Replies
463 Participants
STPROutbackXT
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing