Subaru Outback Forums banner

961 - 980 of 994 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
A Lizard that thinks he's a dog!

Even though he'd bite harder than you'd imagine and clamp onto your hand like a rabid pit bull, That was one of the coolest lizards ive ever had.

People used to love to hear him bark.
People used to love to see that gaping mouth.
People used to laugh at him leaping at me trying hard to bite....he was a big one too.
It's hard to say why kids laugh hysterically at a teacher who can't get the lizard (who thinks he's a bad pit bull) to release from the finger! ???
Jump to 4:30, but this is a gentle one.
The ones I owned would bite so hard their eyes would bulge and jaw muscles flex like Arnold's bicep.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,569 Posts
Reactions: Flood1913

·
Registered
2006 Imprezza Outback Sport
26 Posts
Okay, having dogs in the back in NOT odd....
but if you knew these three Beagles...you'd have to agree that they are an "odd" bunch.
They've all been in the back of my Outback.
And even funnier, Beagles are known for their "BAROOOOOO"

·
Registered
2006 H6 3.0R LL Bean wagon and 2000 H4 OBW
453 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
168 Posts
I am new to the board. I am an avid Subaru owner and am constantly showing what my Subie can do. My '02 OB so far has brought home a washer, dryer, hot water heater, and lumber for home projects. My '96 OB was used at one time for delivering telephone books, sheesh, they weigh a ton! So the phone books are the weirdest of loads for me.
Phone books in this day and age are just plain weird regardless. So far you win.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not odd... but major home renovations and multiple home renovations. Truck not required.

Making some forms for concrete counter tops. Picked up a 4'x8' sheet of Melamine. This stuff is like 90-95 lbs a sheet... oof...
20200229_145447.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just today, I had two bales of hay and a bag of duck feed for my father in law. I pulled up to his place and went inside to get him, but he had already unloaded my car before I could get a picture.

@kybishop It's always fun pulling into the loading area of the lumber yard and getting weird looks from the workers.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,479 Posts
wife's car had a painting in it for a while today - valued deep into 5 digits.

·
Registered
2014 Outback Ltd 2.4L, Venetian red w/ parchment leather. The Grandma-mobile
12 Posts
Back in the 1980s I owned a '78 Subie DL wagon, and used it a number of times to tote washers, dryers, and kitchen stoves. With the back seat flopped flat, and both front seats moved forward, they'd each fit with an inch or two to spare on all sides. That was one tough car, but it had oak 4x4s for shocks and rode like a buckboard!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,078 Posts
that reminded me, once I had a 3x6' that I took to the frame shop.
dropped it off with a merc sable sedan, and then could not pick it up with the big frame on, and had to bring out the H6 wagon on a separate trip to swallow it.

there is a guy up the road from me that paints 8 foot x 12 foot type things in a barn. = gallery in NYC has a big van to move such things around. (sells them for $12000-$30,000).
as just a little too big for his 2004 forester.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
5,687 Posts
Huh, I don't think I've ever hauled anything where the value of the cargo exceeded the value of the car. Maybe we need a new subcategory under this thread.

Passengers excepted, I guess I had better add. :whistle:

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,978 Posts
Huh, I don't think I've ever hauled anything where the value of the cargo exceeded the value of the car. Maybe we need a new subcategory under this thread.

I've carried several transferable pre 86 rifles before. A single one can exceed the MSRP of the car. Twice.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
168 Posts

I had an old Dodge van that I bought in a pawn shop for hauling stuff . The value doubled every time I filled the gas tank :poop:

·
Registered
453 Posts
As expensive as plywood is it wouldn't take too many sheets to exceed the value of mine...

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,569 Posts
Pictures...this thread needs pictures of your crazy suby loads.....

Reactions: Wiscoutback87

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5 auto, cold weather ed.
51 Posts
I'm wondering if I can get a stand up Kawasaki 900 jet ski in the back or on the roof?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,078 Posts
I'm wondering if I can get a stand up Kawasaki 900 jet ski in the back or on the roof?
I have a small measuring tape typically with me (in the box with the tire pump/ tire repair kit/ jump it pack, ....and some hand tools). the roof can only take 200#, and picking the thing up over your head could give you a back problem.

I would think a old stand up jet ski could get in a outback or forester.

but classically subarus are great for towing small boats on trailers and getting up and down the boat ramps. (lots of good tip threads on that under the towing section).

My brother actually had 2 stand up jet skis, that were like 25 years old at the time. stolen trailer and all. = rare things to be seen where he lived. and a couple weeks later he saw some people riding his antique stand up jet skis. and he got them back with the help of the cops. (they were his jet skis, but he used his friends light pick up to put them in the water, )

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5 auto, cold weather ed.
51 Posts
Yeah, Kawasaki jetski would weigh in at about 400lbs. Thinking it would fit in back 😁

961 - 980 of 994 Posts