Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 OUTBACK LTD, AUTO, STOCK, SLAP HAPPY 2.5 SOHC.
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 outback ltd. Piston slap happy 2.5l sohc. (gotta off road in style ya know) either want to be gentle and get a 2inch lift so its only strut spacers and a tad bigger tire. OR go for the 4 inch lift and make myself really happy. I don't mind the work involved with the subframe spacers , steering extension, since ill be building it myself. Im up in canada the $$$$ for SJR (usd to cad + border crap) adds $400+. but i do have a question. Ive read that for every 25mm of lift you go in 7mm for the camber offset. Now is that for the total 4 inch or do you subtract the subframe drop? Thanks

·
Registered
Outbacks, SVXs, XT6, 4Runner, Celica, Brat, E150s
479 Posts
Camber offset is for the entire block, as the whole thing is mounted on an angle, but you want the mounts to go straight down.

With a 2" lift, the strut becomes the biggest tire size restriction. That doesn't change with a larger lift unless you go coilovers, or lift between the strut and knuckle. So, IMHO a 4" kit is a waste.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Limited 2.5 H4
7 Posts
FWIW, I've been looking into lifting my '04 OB limited, and my plan is the Baja springs and a slightly larger tire (225/65r16 rather than the standard 225/60r16). I think this should give me around an inch and a half to 2 inches. I also wanted to put some AT tires on there but there sadly aren't any in that size, so normal 4 seasons will have to do. If you're thinking about a 4" lift what kind of tires are you going to run??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Numbchux. I have thought about making a lower strut bracket lift. but I have only seen That Anderson company do it for the Foresters. Not many 2nd Gen OB with much of a lift around. And Rob. With the 4" you can run a bigger tire if you have proper offset rims / hub spacers. And yes with the lower strut lift you can run bigger tire as well. but the 2" is just easier and probably what ill need. But for tires I was thinkin the 28"x8" . so that's 215 70 r16. which is 27.9'' x 8.7''. not sure if I want to keep the Subaru rims or not thou.. its all a what can I afford thing..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone attempted to build a lower bracket lift. using 1/4 in plate and some knowledge?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts