Subaru Outback Forums banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
i see where you're coming from but some people want to customize the look of their car and plasti-dip is easy, resilient and it comes right off of whatever you put it on. I've even used it on computer components before to customize things and removed it at a later date to sell said part.

·
Premium Member
2017 Outback 2.5 Premium with Moonroof, Eyesight
21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Outback Premium 2.5
44 Posts
masked & plastidipped the chrome portion of my grille - left the center dk. gray area as it was. The chrome was kind of lifting along the bottom edge and it looked bad. this is a vast improvement, I think

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 Outback Premium 2.5
44 Posts
Plastidipped my wheels matte black and added new black lug nuts. Torqued all of 'em to 70 ft lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 OB 2.5i Premium
24 Posts
I only did small amounts of Plastidip. I was thinking doing my side mirrors since the premiums did not have the markers on the mirrors.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just picked some up. As long as the weather holds up I'm going to do some chrome deleting.

Anyone do the window trim? I was originally thinking a wrap but the Plasti dip looks so easy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just picked some up. As long as the weather holds up I'm going to do some chrome deleting.

Anyone do the window trim? I was originally thinking a wrap but the Plasti dip looks so easy.
I am going wrap route, just ordered some 3M tape to do the job.i plasti dipped my badges and they turned out great but not sure how the dip will hold up on the trim, I think the wrap will look better with better longevity, just my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dipped the rear emblems and grill. The emblems turned out great. The grill, eh, but the imperfections are not noticable enough to bother me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
These are all great ideas guys. Looks good!

I'm debating whether or not to use black plastidip or an interesting textured dark green on the wheels. Either will match the green camo I want to do this fall. I bought a can of both. Just concerned that the lack of accents with more green might act as a cloaking device and make the car invisable.

(Romulan Bird of Prey)
? ?

Question: Once I use alcohol to remove oils, can the dip be sprayed on plastic ssurfaces without scuffing or further prep? Ie. Side door guards

·
Registered
64 Posts
These are all great ideas guys. Looks good!

I'm debating whether or not to use black plastidip or an interesting textured dark green on the wheels. Either will match the green camo I want to do this fall. I bought a can of both. Just concerned that the lack of accents with more green might act as a cloaking device and make the car invisable.

(Romulan Bird of Prey)
? ?

Question: Once I use alcohol to remove oils, can the dip be sprayed on plastic ssurfaces without scuffing or further prep? Ie. Side door guards
No need to scuff. Like you said, clean piece entirely with isopropyl alcohol. Durability is based on number of coats. I do 5 to 6 coats.

121 - 140 of 140 Posts